Chapter 97: The Blood Trial-4 ✔️
774 8 40
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

-Do you guys believe me now? (Corpse)

The corpse looks at us and asks.

-Nope. (Farah)

He instantly coughs when he heard my answer.

-There is no way I can believe you by reading a diary belong to other people. (Farah)

-Uhmm. (Corpse)

Amy and Mia seem to agree with my statement. Mia pulls on my skirt and tells me that.

-Sister, I think we should go now. We need to find a secure place to camp. I really don't want to meet that gigantic shadow again. (Mia)

The air around the corpse suddenly changes when we mention about the gigantic shadow.

-Can you tell me more about the gigantic shadow? (Corpse)

The corpse asks us with a serious attitude. I have no choice to tell the corpse about the meeting of us and the gigantic shadow.

-It's all my fault. It's all my fault. (Corpse)

The corpse keeps repeating that sentence.

-Hey, cut it out! (Farah)

The shout of mine brings the corpse back to reality. The corpse comes to realise the three of us are still here.

-I'm sorry. (Corpse)

Amy can't keep her curiosity under control and asks the corpse about the gigantic shadow.

-Do you know anything about the gigantic shadow? (Amy)

The corpse seems hesitant to answer Amy's question.

-The gigantic shadow you saw last night is my girlfriend. (Corpse)

We are really surprised at the unexpected answer that comes from the corpse.

-Would you mind hear my story? (Corpse)

I can see the sorrow lingering on his face. Ultimately, I choose to listen to his story.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Corpse's POV

Our group is called "The Number." All of us are expert adventures who join hands together to crack the trial of God. It doesn't take long for our group to arrive at the first trial of God.

-What is this crimson sky? (Corpse)

The girl stands next to me; she is surprised at the scenery in front of her.

-So this is the trial of God. (Girl)

The girl grasps my hand and tells me.

-Let's explore this area, Josh. (Girl)

-Slow down, Maria. We are not here to play. (Josh)

Maria is my girlfriend and my most trusted companion of mine on any adventure.

-Hey, you two. (Hugh)

The leader of the group goes to our side.

-You look even more serious than usual, Hugh. (Maria)

-Well, you two need to remember where we are again. We are here to overcome the trial not to play. (Hugh)

Hugh continues.

-We need to reach paradise at any cost, guys. (Hugh)

I slap Hugh's back to ease his mood.

-Don't worry, Hugh. We can make it. (Josh)

Hugh has changed since the moment he lost his son and wife. He is now solely focusing on reaching "paradise". He thinks he can meet his wife and son again in the "paradise".

-Let Maria and me scout the area. We will report to you if we find anything suspicious. (Josh)

-All right. You two are the best adventurers with scouting, so I will leave the job to you two. (Hugh)

Maria looks at me with expected eyes. She is like a puppy that has found a new toy.

-You need to hurry, Josh. There are many unknown places to explore. (Maria)

- I'm coming, Maria. (Josh)

It doesn't take long for us to discover a crimson lake.

-What's this place? (Josh)

-This is... (Maria)

Maria looks at the lake as if there is something important in the middle of the lake.

-Maria, what's wrong? (Josh)

-Ahaha, Sorry. (Maria)

-Haiz, we need to focus on our job. (Josh)

I take out the tool from my bag and place it under the lake.

-Hmm... (Josh)

-Is it drinkable, Josh? (Maria)

-The machine tells me there is no problem with this lake's water and we can drink it. (Josh)

Maria tries taking a sip of the water's lake.

-Hey, Maria! (Josh)

She ignores me and drinks the water from the lake.

-The water is delicious, Josh. Try to take a sip. (Maria)

I shake my head.

-You shouldn't do that, Maria. You know that can be dangerous, right? (Josh)

-It's okay, Josh. Since the machine can't find any problem with the water. We will eventually drink the water that comes from this lake. (Maria)

I just feel something is not right with this lake. I try to tell Maria about that.

-... I don't think this lake is ordinary at all. It gives an eerie feeling since we reach this place. (Josh)

-You are overthinking, Josh. Let's go back. (Maria)

-Ok! (Josh)

I look at the lake one last time before I return to our campsite with Maria.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Farah's POV

-What's happening next? (Farah)

The corpse named Josh said.

-Take it easy. I can't tell you everything in one go. (Josh)

-Sister, we can't believe this man. He apparently plans to do something with us. (Mia)

-Hey! I will tell you the rest of the story. You guys need to calm down first!  (Josh)

The man utters a deep sigh and said.

-Do you see a torch behind me? (Josh)

When I look at the back of Josh, I can see a torch behind his back.

-I can see it. (Farah)

-Bend it down, and it will reveal a secret passage. It's securer in there since the night of this space is coming. (Josh)

-Listen to him, Farah. (Death)

This voice is the voice of Death.

-Well, I overheard the conversation between you and him. And from my experience, I think he is sincere. (Death)

-If you say so... (Farah)

I turn to Mia and Amy.

-Let's listen to him. I don't think he is lying now. (Farah)

The twins nod and follow me. I bend down the torch, and the wall next to us is opened. After walking inside, the wall gradually closed by itself.

 

Sorry for the late. I'm a little tired last night and overslept.

Thanks for reading (づ。◕‿‿◕。)づ

40