Chapter 98: The Blood Trial-5 ✔️
810 9 40
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

I look at the figure of Josh's walking; he uses his hand to hold up his upper body.

-So you can walk after all. (Farah)

-Well, you can say so. (Josh)

-Then, what were you doing in there? Lying on the ground when we first found you, Josh? (Farah)

Josh stops walking.

-Do you know why I stay in the cave in the first place? (Josh)

Amy becomes angry at Josh's question and inquires him back.

-How can sister know about that? (Amy)

-Ahaha, you are right! (Josh)

-My job is to help other challengers overcome this trial. It's one way to redeem what I had done in the past. (Josh)

Josh continues.

-However, It has been a long time since I see the last patches of challengers. (Josh)

He forces an awkward smile.

-If I didn't see you guys, then I would have tried to kill myself today. (Josh)

-Eh? Why would you do that? (Farah)

-I can't live while carrying my guilt like this. The nightmare tortures me every night. (Josh)

-Kill yourself... You mean you want to consume that suspicious water. (Farah)

-It's one way of dying, and another way is being eaten by the gigantic shadow you guys saw in the past. (Josh)

-Eh? How can you be so certain about that? (Farah)

-The death can't talk, that's all. (Josh)

We continue walking deeper inside the secret passage.

-We are almost there. (Josh)

In my head, Death said to me.

-I think he is wrong about this matter, Farah. (Death)

-What do you mean by that, Death? (Farah)

-The monster we saw last night holds an enormous amount of soul. The people who are eaten by it will become prisoners of that monster's body. (Death)

-No way. (Farah)

-This whole trial is like a cruel joke of God. It tortures all the challengers even after they are killed. (Death)

-I agree. (Farah)

Mia seems to notice I am different from usual and asks me.

-What's wrong, sister? (Mia)

-Nothing, Mia. (Farah)

-We are finally here. (Josh)

We finally arrived in a cramped room. There is nothing but an enormous bed in the middle of the room.

-Welcome to my room! Make yourself at home. (Josh)

Suddenly, Mia's stomach growls. Her face becomes bright red while trying to avoid my line of sight.

-I'm sorry, sister. (Mia)

I caress Mia's head.

-It's normal for you to be hungry after travelling a lot. (Farah)

-Ehehe. (Mia)

Mia seems to enjoy me caressing her head. When I turn around, I can see Amy looks at Mia with jealous eyes. I instantly try using my other hand of mine to pat Amy's head.

-Sister...I (Amy)

When I try to finish the patting's time, Amy tries to hold back my hand and asks me.

-Can you pat me a little more, sister? (Amy)

It's incredibly rare to see mature Amy act differently from usual. Can I bring her home? She is so adorable?

-Can't you? (Amy)

Mia instantly jumps and hugs Amy.

-Sister is acting too cutely. (Mia)

I can feel smokes coming from Amy's head.

-Because I feel so comfy when sister pats me, Mia. (Amy)

-Right, Right. I feel that sister's hand has unusual power. Her hand can make us feel at ease every time she pats us. (Mia)

-Ahaha. (Farah)

Josh coughs and said.

-You three seem so close. (Josh)

Mia makes a proud face and says.

-Naturally. (Mia)

We have dinner after that. By using canned food, I can make some simple dishes. After finishing eating, we sit on the bed and try to listen to Josh's story again.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Josh's POV

Maria is acting weird after we came back from the lake. At night, when we are sleeping together, Maria stands up and walks out of the tent.

-Maria, where are you going? (Josh)

However, she doesn't answer my question and keeps going in the lake's direction.

-Hey, Maria. (Josh)

I run out of the tent and start following her. I can hear Maria babbling from afar.

-Ma..e U Hole (Maria)

I try coming closer and can see the face of her disappear and looking toward me.

-Make Us Whole! (Maria)

I become too frightened and fall to the ground, While Maria leaving me behind. I shake my head.

-It must be an illusion. (Josh)

I stand up and start following Maria again.

-Maria! (Josh)

I shout out loud and hope that Maria will overhear me.

-She is not here... (Josh)

I try looking at the sky, so I can find the direction that leads to the lake.

-There is no star in this space. And how the hell can I see in the night without a torch? This space is really unpleasant. (Josh)

I try to look at the ground and recognize the footsteps that imprint on the ground.

-This way! (Josh)

I run like crazy, and I ultimately arrive at the crimson lake. I can see Maria is trying to drink the lake's water using her hand.

-Maria! (Josh)

Again, there is no response come from her. I come closer to Maria and place my hand on her shoulder. Maria's head spins 180 degrees and looks at me. This time I can only a mouth on her head. The eyes and other things have disappeared.

-Hiiiii! (Josh)

I retreat far from Maria. A familiar voice comes out of Maria's mouth.

-What's wrong, Honey? (Maria)

Maria gradually walks toward me.

-Do you want to take a sip of this water, Honey? (Maria)

Her voice suddenly becomes creepy.

-It's really delicious. (Maria)

-Ahhhh! (Josh)

I touch myself and notice I'm still lying on the bed.

-Hah! Everything is a dream, right? (Josh)

-What's wrong, Josh? (Maria)

Maria comes into the tent and asks me.

-Are you sick, Josh? (Maria)

When Maria tries reaching my side to check up on me, I hit off her hand.

-Eh...(Maria)

-Can you leave me alone for now, Maria? (Josh)

Maria looks at me with a worried face.

-All right. Get well soon, Josh. (Maria)

When Maria leaves the tent, I start questioning myself.

-Everything is a dream, right? (Josh)

However, I find out something that denies my assumption. My feet is full of dirt.

-I remember that I chase after Maria on my barefoot. (Josh)

 

Thanks for reading (ノ◕ヮ◕)ノ*:・゚✧

We are halfway through the first trial. Farah will crack down this trial flawlessly soon OwO

40