Chapter 99: The Blood Trial-6 ✔️
785 6 43
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Josh's POV.

-Are you sure that you want to go out alone to explore, Josh? (Maria)

-Yes, Maria. (Josh)

Maria looks at me with an anxious face.

-Don't worry. I will be back soon, Maria. (Josh)

-Josh? (Maria)

-Yes, Maria? (Josh)

-You started acting weird recently, Josh. (Maria)

-I...I (Josh)

I can't get the image of Maria that night out of my head. Currently, I don't have enough courage to confront Maria right now.

Hugh comes to Maria's side and appeases her.

-Don't worry, Maria. Give Josh a few days. He will eventually return to normal. (Hugh)

Hugh slaps my back and asks me.

-Right, Josh? (Hugh)

-Yeah... (Josh)

After saying goodbye to Maria and Hugh, I head in the direction opposite the crimson lake. It doesn't take much time for me to arrive at an unusual cave.

-Skulls and bones everywhere. (Josh)

I bend down and examine the skull on the ground.

-Human bones. And what is this? (Josh)

I can find a small notebook in the middle of skulls on the ground. I pick it up and read it.

-No... (Josh)

I instantly run back to the campsite.

-Maria! (Josh)

When I arrive at the campsite, I can perceive many people with sorrowful faces. I run around the camp and try to find Maria.

-Maria! (Josh)

No matter how hard I try, I can't find her anywhere at the campsite.

-Is he back? (Member A)

-Yeah. (Member B)

I can hear the mumbling of other members.

-Josh... (Hugh)

I turn around and see that Hugh is standing there.

-Hugh, where is Maria? I can't find her. (Josh)

-...She is... dead, Josh. (Hugh)

-What you are talking about, Hugh? Are you joking with me, right? (Josh)

Hugh shakes his head.

-Not only she, but half of our people had also died for an unknown reason. (Hugh)

-Eh? (Josh)

What I am afraid of most has become the reality.

-Are those deceased people all drink the water that comes from the crimson lake, Hugh? (Josh)

-What are you... talking about? (Hugh)

I give Hugh the notebook I found in the cave. When he finishes reading the notebook, he looks at me.

-We need to burn down the bodies who die by drinking the lake's lake. (Hugh)

-... (Josh)

-They will transform into some unusual monster after death. Get hold of yourself. We need to act instantly, Josh. (Hugh)

-Before that, I want to see Maria first. Even she is gone forever, I must see her body with my own eyes. (Josh)

Hugh utters a deep sigh and informs me to follow him.

-She is in there, Josh. (Hugh)

Hugh points at the small camp in front of me. Along the way, I can discover many lifeless bodies lying on the ground. I walk up to Maria's body and hug her.

-I'm sorry, Maria. I'm not on your side when you need me most. (Josh)

I blame myself that I have become a coward in these few days. The moment I can face her again, she has left me forever.

-We need to burn their bodies, Josh. (Hugh)

-Hugh, Can you leave Maria's body to me? (Josh)

-... Alright, brother. (Hugh)

After that, Hugh commands everyone to burn the bodies of those who dies by drinking the crimson water. Meantime, I brought Maria's body to the cave that I have found.

-Even though I tell Hugh that I will burn her body. (Josh)

I shake my head.

-I can't burn Maria's body after all. (Josh)

I place her body inside the cave and go back to the campsite.

-Hah, I'm being a coward again. (Josh)

At that moment, I don't know my decision will kill everyone in the camp.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
That night, a gigantic shadow suddenly appears out of nowhere. The monster looks like a giant worm with a crimson body. It's incredibly huge we can't see the end of its body.

-What in the world is that thing? (Member A)

Many people scream out of fear.

-Nooooo! (Member C)

When I look up, I can see the mouth of that monster is above me. Its mouth gradually comes closer and tries to devour me.

-Watch out! (Hugh)

When I'm standing still to look at the monster, Hugh pushed me to the side.

-Eh? (Josh)

A gigantic shadow comes down and swallows my lower half, along with Hugh. I can feel a terrible pain come from the lower half of mine. I'm too frightened and start crawling out of the monster's sight. Unconsciously, I crawl back to the cave I find in the morning.

-... (Josh)

I lost my girlfriend and my dearest friend on the same day.

-God! Why are you so cruel? (Josh)

I look at the lower half of mine and said.

-It's exactly like what the diary said. I won't die if I don't drink the crimson water. (Josh)

I look around the cave to find Maria's body.

-No... (Josh)

I can merely discover a gigantic hole in the place where Maria's body should be there. At this moment, I realise the origin of that monster.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Farah's POV

-... (Farah)

-Thanks for listening to my story, kids. (Josh)

I can see Amy and Mia crying next to me.

-Kids, What's wrong? (Josh)

-Your story... (Amy)

-Is just too sad. (Mia)

-Ahaha! After a long time, I have become familiar with the pain of losing everything. (Josh)

Josh looks at me.

-I only have one last wish. (Josh)

-Can you tell me what it is? (Farah)

-It's to release my girlfriend from the eternal suffering of being a monster. Maria is a kind girl who always takes care of others. Her pain must be much terrible compare to me when she has to kill the person dear to her with her own hands. (Josh)

>Side Mission Triggered.
>The Liberation Of Souls Generated.
Quest Giver: Josh.
Description: Josh wants you to defeat the gigantic monster and release Maria from eternal suffering.
Reward: The Secret Of The First Trial.

 

Thanks for reading OwO

43