Chapter 130: Interlude 49/ Septem, The world without you-2 ✔️
835 37 43
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Septem's POV

-Failure, Those goddesses got her. It's time to rewind. (Septem)

-Another failure. I can't protect Hana, the one dear to her. Let's rewind. (Septem)

-What have I done wrong? (Septem)

I have failed 665 times already. I can't stop myself from crying. Whenever I try to save a person dear to Farah, the others related to her will die.

-I am a useless person. I can't even get a single thing right. (Septem)

I turn and look at "It." "It" has taken the form of a human after interacting with Farah from the 665th timeline. A chilly voice comes out from its mouth.

-Are you going to give up? (Yoso)

-No, I want to restart. (Septem)

-Good. (Yoso)

It gives me an icy stare while taking out a cube from the body. The cube expands and creates a gate in front of me. I am not hesitant and walk into the gate.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
The 666th timeline.

-What's happening, Yog-Sothoth? (Septem)

Right at the start, everything goes astray from the original path comparing to other timelines.

-You are extremely weak! (Yoso)

-... (Septem)

-You are a weakling that can't even protect the one important to you. (Yoso)

Everything "It" said was right. I'm too weak to protect Farah.

-Therefore, I have connected with the "Chaos" faction in this timeline and notify them to protect her. (Yoso)

-Is that why they kidnapped her even when she was in hibernation? (Septem)

-Yes, you should seize this chance and become stronger. (Yoso)

-But they have killed Hana! (Septem)

-Then what? (Yoso)

"It" replies me with a voice devoid of emotion.

-It means you have one person less to protect. This Farah won't know about Hana's existent because they kidnapped her before she wakes up. (Yoso)

-Hana is Farah's guardian! She is also my dearest friend. (Septem)

-But you cannot protect them from time to time. (Yoso)

-I... (Septem)

-You only need to follow my order in this timeline. If this timeline is a failure, we can always restart. (Yoso)

Yog-Sothoth stares at her while giving off terrible pressure.

-You need to remember that once I lose interest in you. You will never have another chance to save Farah again. (Yoso)

-...Yes. (Septem)

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I can only follow Yog-Sothoth and become stronger. In this timeline, Yog-Sothoth gives me explicit instruction.

-Kill that goddess and acquire her power. (Yoso)

I have no choice to follow her order and kill that goddess. After accomplishing the job, I sit down on the ground with no motivation.

-It's not like the first time you kill a goddess, Septem. (Yoso)

-But. (Septem)

I look at my hand, which just took the life of that goddess. I feel like I can vomit when I remember the goddess' dying face.

-She was my friend in the last timeline. (Septem)

-Think of it as a test run. You think you can get stronger quickly if you are obsessed with everyone. Do you want to save Farah? (Yoso)

-Yes... (Septem)

-Then let's continue. (Yoso)

My slaughter streak is not stopping there. "It" orders me to kill many more people to strengthen me quickly. I also receive a regular report of Farah from "It". As long as Farah can live a happy life, I will do anything.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
-Don't kill me! (God)

I stab the sword into the throat of the unlucky god and absorb the divine power from his body.

-It's the last target for today. (Septem)

I can no longer feel anything after keep slaughtering many Gods and Goddesses.

-Let's go back. (Septem)

The moment I try to leave, a black knife flies toward me. I instantly wield my sword to block them.

-Who's there? (Septem)

I turn around and look at the one who attacks me.

-Why are you here? (Septem)

A little girl with pink hair wears a full-body latex suit.

-Kill! (Farah)

-Farah. (Septem)

It's the first time I saw her like this. I can see only despair in her eyes. Even in the last 665 timelines, she never becomes like this.

-Yog-Sothoth! (Septem)

What have these guys done to her? What did she experience when I was not by her side? Is that why that "thing" stops me from meeting Farah?

Farah ignores me and starts pulling more knives, and throws them at me.

-Kill! (Farah)

-Farah! (Septem)

I called out her name but no response. Farah stares at me with a hostile attitude and continues attacking me.

-Farah, please wake up. (Septem)

Again, there is no reply come from Farah. Farah notices she can win me with that and start fighting with me in a close quarter. With my current strength, I can easily defeat Farah without injuring her.

-Kill me! (Farah)

Farah gives up the resistance after losing to me.

-I can't! How can I kill you? I cherish you the most in this world! (Septem)

I throw off my weapon and hug Farah. This small body has now become smaller than ever. I can feel her body keeps shivering in my embrace.

-Farah, I'm sorry! It's my fault you become like this. (Septem)

I keep saying sorry to her.

-Lose. Can't revive... Die. (Farah)

Farah keeps mumbling sporadic words. I try to hug her tighter.

-Don't worry, Farah. I have become strong enough to protect you from any dangers. (Septem)

-Don't wanna... Live. (Farah)

Farah pushes me away.

-Farah! (Septem)

She takes out a knife lying on the ground and stabbing on her heart.

-No! What are you doing? (Septem)

I don't understand. I don't want to understand. What is going on? Why is she hurting herself?

-Finally. (Farah)

A lot of black smoke comes out through the wound on her heart. It turns into a monster and tries to attack me. I instantly use divine power to burn down the smoke monster.

-Farah! (Septem)

I turn around to check up on her. The wound in her heart is very severe. I try to heal her wound using divine power.

-Why is it not healing? (Septem)

Somehow, the wound where the black smoke came out can neutralize my divine power.

-Why! Why! Please work! (Septem)

I touch her body, and I can feel her body get colder.

-How about normal healing magic? (Septem)

I successfully used mana to keep her alive. It's only a temporary measure since mana can't fully heal her.

-Please live, Farah! (Septem)

Farah opens my eyes and looks at me.

-Sister Septem. (Farah)

This time, I can perceive Farah's eyes become clearer. It seems like she has just been released from some kind of control.

 

 

 

Finally, more information about Septem has been revealed. It will continue in the next chapter.

And you truly see an Icy Yoso truly fitting her status of the strongest Goddess. 

Why is Yoso different from the current Yoso? This also applies to Septem a girl who cares for her friend and treasure Farah.

It will be revealed in the next chapter.

Thanks for reading OwO

43