Chapter 138: Head To The World Tree-2 ✔️
712 23 42
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Under Mashiro's instruction, we arrive in an area strictly guards by many monsters.

-Where has that one gone to, Mashiro? (Beleth)

Mashiro points out at the gigantic crystal tree from afar.

-There. (Mashiro)

-Then we need to go there fast before Lecia encounters any danger. (Farah)

Beleth holds my shoulder and shakes her head.

-Don't rush, master. There are many powerful monsters in front of us. (Beleth)

-But. (Farah)

-I know you want to save your friend, but you can't act hastily since it will put your friend and us in danger. (Beleth)

I instantly realize my action would put us in danger.

-I'm sorry. (Farah)

Beleth strokes my head and appeases me.

-It's not your fault, master. (Beleth)

Beleth seizes this chance and hugs me while breathing in and out fast. It's not the first time Beleth acts like this so I have become familiar with her action.

-Master is incredibly soft. (Beleth)

-Pervert. (Mashiro)

-Hey! (Beleth)

Mashiro ignores Beleth and pulls my skirt helm.

-Know...Way...In. (Mashiro)

-Eh!!!! (Farah & Beleth)

-Follow...Me. (Mashiro)

Beleth and I nod at each other and follow Mashiro.

-Over...Here. (Mashiro)

Mashiro points at the small tree on the side of the road.

-Open. (Mashiro)

Mashiro touches the tree and makes a gate on the tree.

-Here. (Mashiro)

-Heh, I never thought her race would have an ability like this. (Beleth)

Beleth becomes extremely surprised when she witnesses Mashiro's ability.

-Let's go, master. (Beleth)

-Uhm. (Farah)
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
After entering the gate that Mashiro created, we arrive in a crystal room.

-Is it inside that crystal tree? (Farah)

Mashiro nods at my question.

>Since you are one of the first three people to arrive at the "Crystal World Tree"

>Gain privilege to fight directly with the main body of the "Fake"

Many notifications pop up the moment we step inside the room.

-Did you guys receive any notifications? (Farah)

Mashiro shakes her head.

-Notifications? Do you mean the one provided by the system? (Beleth)

-Yes! (Farah)

-I received one, and it told me I have the privilege to challenge the fake. (Beleth)

-Why didn't Mashiro receive one then? (Farah)

-Don't...Know. (Mashiro)

-I may know why Mashiro doesn't receive one, master. (Beleth)

-Eh? (Farah)

-Well, Master and I are the one steps inside the gate first. (Beleth)

-Uhm. (Farah)

-The system gave this notification to the three fastest people. This means there is already one person who came here before us. (Beleth)

-Ahh! (Farah)

The moment Beleth finishes the explanation. The surrounding ground starts shaking.

-Hurry...Go. (Mashiro)

Mashiro suddenly runs and disappears into the wall of the room.

-Mashiro! (Farah)

Beleth instantly frowns at the disappearance of Mashiro.

-Something must be urgent enough to make that girl run like that without telling us beforehand. (Beleth)

Beleth strokes my head and says.

-Let's explore the current area first, master. (Beleth)

-Uhm. (Farah)

I have too many things to prioritize now. Let focus on saving Lecia first.

-Over here, master. (Beleth)

Beleth accompanies me to the only door in the room and opens it. In front of me is another crystal room.

>Another person has already cleared floor 1.

>Please process to floor 2.

-My prediction hit right at the mark. (Beleth)

We look around and find a staircase that leads upward.

-This seems to be the stair that leads to the second floor, master. (Beleth)

-Let's go, Beleth. (Farah)

We go through the stairs and arrive in a vast room with many weird symbols and images.

-Hoh! (Beleth)

-Do you understand those symbols and images on the wall, Beleth? (Farah)

Beleth nods and explains.

-It seems we are inside a world tree. (Beleth)

-World tree? (Farah)

-Yup, master. You can think of it as the name for a race. (Beleth)

-Is that so? (Farah)

Beleth continues her explanation.

-From a long time ago, the world is a place to shelter humans from danger. (Beleth)

Beleth sighs and shakes her head.

-Until one day, the peace was broken by people the world tree protected. The one who lived in the world tree tried to steal the power of the world tree. (Beleth)

-Why did they do that? (Farah)

Beleth pats my head.

-Human sometimes is a greedy race, master. (Beleth)

-Then why did the world tree try to protect them in the first place, Beleth? (Farah)

-That's an excellent question, master. The world tree wants only one thing from the human.  (Beleth)

-What is it? (Farah)

-The positive energy comes from the human when they are happy and make a wonderful memory with each other. (Beleth)

-Ahh! (Farah)

-When people become happy, they will unconsciously release some kind of energy. And the world tree will absorb that kind of energy to grow. (Beleth)

Beleth sighs and traces her finger through the symbols on the walls.

-And the human had successfully stolen one part of world tree power. (Beleth)

-What had happened after that, Beleth? (Farah)

-The power those greedy humans had successfully stolen and turned into a curse and bit them back. They turned into monsters look like a tree. (Beleth)

-Does that mean those black trees used to be human? (Farah)

-That's right, master. Those humans become stronger but lose their will. (Beleth)

-... (Farah)

-Unlike the world tree, those monsters must absorb other kinds of the emotion of humans to survive. It's the negative emotion of humans. And another reason they continuously attack humans is to absorb the victim's memory so one day they can become human again. (Beleth)

-Eh, why is that happening? I thought they would absorb positive emotions like the world tree. (Farah)

-Because they handle the power of the world tree incorrectly, which leads to that situation, master. I told the master that I see these monsters before, right? (Beleth)

-So if they handle the power incorrectly, they will become like that. (Farah)

-That's right! It's not the first time I see humans cannot handle world tree power. And this isn't my first time see this tragedy. (Beleth)

-... (Farah)

-This place is pretty lucky because a goddess appeared and sealed them inside the world tree. Only the world tree can neutralize the power of those black trees. (Beleth)

-Then the current situation isn't supposed to happen unless someone tries to destroy the seal. (Farah)

-The wall also states that one part of goddess power is sealed along with those monsters. (Beleth)

Beleth shakes her head while uttering a sigh.

-Someone damaged the world tree and created the chance for those monsters to escape from the seals. That person probably wants to get the power of the goddess. And to defend itself the world tree must find a way to heal its wound. (Beleth)

-You told me that Mashiro and those black trees are nemeses. Does that mean Mashiro is? (Farah)

-Yup, Mashiro is the spirit of the world tree, which has taken a humanoid form. (Beleth)

 

The truth of the black tree monster is finally revealed. We will have one more chapter tonight.

Thanks for reading OwO

 

42