Chapter 139: Interlude 52/ Overcome Danger ✔️
717 23 40
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

After Mashiro left the group, she goes through the gate on the wall and arrives in the dark space cover by mist.

-Clear. (Mashiro)

The tree comes out from Mashiro's body and disperses the mist in front of her.

-Disgusting. (Mashiro)

After the mist cleared, Mashiro can perceive a deep hole made of black wood.

-Negative...Energy...Too...Much. (Mashiro)

Mashiro heads near the hole and discovers many people stay inside it.

-No, please.

-Release me!

Those people who are staying in the hole seem like they are having a nightmare.

-Farm...Negative...Energy. (Mashiro)

Mashiro commands the tree to transport the people out of the hole.

-Done. (Mashiro)

-Well, who do we have here?

-Huh. (Mashiro)

The voice comes from a huge black tree monster. It's round and looks like an enormous ball made from a black tree.

-You dare to disturb our farm.

The tree that is under Mashiro control starts to attack the monster. However, she cannot deal much damage to the monster with it.

-You can merely scratch me with that kind of attack.

The monster opens his mouth, an uncountable number of roots come out of his mouth and shoot at Mashiro. Mashiro chooses not to avoid the attack since there are people behind her.

-Defend. (Mashiro)

The tree grows from the ground and defends her from the attack. However, the tree created with her power gradually turns black when comes in contact with the black roots.

-Ugh. (Mashiro)

-That white colour of yours. So you are a newborn world tree's spirit.

The monster smirks when it notices the true identity of Mashiro.

-It's not the first time I eliminate the spirit that comes from the world tree. Let's play with you a little more.

Mashiro seizes this chance to take the human she just saved to a safer place.

-Hoh, you still care about those humans in this situation.

Mashiro transforms into her tree form and hits the monster.

-Too weak!

The monster grasps the tree hands of Mashiro and uses them to lift her body. The monster slams Mashiro into the wall.

-Ughh. (Mashiro)

-Not so fast!

The black roots once again fired at Mashiro from the monster's mouth. This time Mashiro turns her hand into a small tree with a shape that looks like a knife. She uses it to cut down all the black roots that come at her.

-You are really annoying!

-Spores...Exploded. (Mashiro)

-What do you mean?

Suddenly, many small white trees start growing on the monster's body.

-What the hell is this? What have you done to me?

It's a trap that has been set up right from the start before the battle begins. When Mashiro fought, she spread the spores in the air and wait for them to come inside the monster body.

-It hurts. Make it go away.

The monster tries pulling the small tree out of its body.

-It hurts. It hurts so much. Release me from this pain.

Mashiro seizes this chance to attack the monster again. But her attack can't pass through its defence.

-Too...Hard. (Mashiro)

Before parting from Farah, Mashiro has collected the appropriate amount of positive energy from Farah. Mashiro has only one option left is to utilize positive energy to finish off the monster. The light coming from the tip of her hand and shoots toward the monster.

-Hiiii! I don't want to die like this!

The light gradually turns into a massive beam and swallows the monster. Everything in front of Mashiro has disappeared with no trace along with the monster.

-What? (Mashiro)

Mashiro was also surprised at what just happened. She never expected the positive energy she collected from Farah was this powerful. Mashiro turns and walks to the place of people she successfully saved.

-Ok...Now. (Mashiro)

When Mashiro is checking up on the survivor, a girl gradually raises her body up.

-Where am I? I remember I'm fighting against the monster. (Lecia)

-... (Mashiro)

The girl becomes cautious the moment she sees Mashiro.

-Are you a monster? (Lecia)

Mashiro replies to her.

-Good...Not...Bad. Just...Save...You. (Mashiro)

The girl scratches her.

-Is that so? Thanks for saving me. (Lecia)

The girl looks around and starts mumbling to herself.

-I need to regroup with Farah now. Where am I again? (Lecia)

Mashiro points at herself and points at the girl.

-Farah...Know. (Mashiro)

 

Thanks for reading OwO

40