Chapter 145: The Mastermind-2 ✔️
654 12 38
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

After we received the notification, the atmosphere once again becomes chaotic.

-Everyone, please calm down. (Lecia)

Lecia takes the lead and tries to calm everyone down. Lecia looks at me as if she wants to seek my help.

-Everyone, please listen to me. (Farah)

People in the room direct their attention to me. I point at Mashiro, Beleth and I.

-We will be the ones who will move to the next floor. Therefore, everyone doesn't need to worry about what the notification stated. (Farah)

However, some people raise their concern that why would the ones move to next floor be us. Beleth seizes this chance and talks about what she has encountered so far on the previous floor.

-On the previous floor, I had to fight with a strangely strong tree monster to pass the floor. (Beleth)

When the people in the room overheard that, they instantly change their attitude. Most people agree to let us process on the next floor, while others are afraid of being left behind. I try to reassure people.

-I will construct a barrier to protect everyone when we were gone. And after we finish defeating the monster, we will come back to save everyone. (Farah)

Lecia also voices up her thoughts.

-I know each of us is very concerned about our safety since we had experienced something terrible. However, we can't keep these three here forever to protect us. (Lecia)

Lecia points at Beleth.

- From the story I just heard from the lady over there, I can already tell that she is strong. We also had witnessed the power of the tree girl who protected us. For the last one, I can guarantee her power as she was the one who saved our West camp from the monster invasion that destroyed your camps. Not to mention that most, if not all, of us, can't even protect ourselves, let alone fighting. And maybe they are also in the middle of resolving the current dark mist on our floor. (Lecia)

Lecia continues.

-So if someones have to go to the next floor, it has to be them. (Lecia)

The people in the room seem to be convinced by Lecia and calm down. Lecia looks at me and winks.

-Woah, that girl is talented at leading others. (Beleth)

-Good...Calming...People. (Mashiro)

The two stand beside me also realize how brilliant Lecia is at leading others. After completing her business, Lecia goes to our side.

-Since I can't help you much in defeat the monster, I can merely support you this way, Farah. (Lecia)

-You have done more than enough, Lecia. (Farah)

Beleth stands beside me also seem to agree.

-That's right, girl. It's very hard to find a charismatic leader like you. (Beleth)

-Ehehe, thanks. (Lecia)

-It's time for us to go now, master. (Beleth)

-Eh, you guys need to go already? (Lecia)

-Uhm, we can't prolong our departure any longer. (Beleth)

I take out enough food and water from the dimension pocket and give it to Lecia.

-I think it will be enough for one week. (Farah)

-Thanks, Farah. But before you go! (Lecia)

Lecia grasps my hand and pulls me closer to her side. Lecia slowly places her lips on mine.

-Hyaaa~ (Farah)

-I don't like to be in the position of being teased all the time, Farah. Let's me pay back at you a little. (Lecia)

-Awawawa~  (Farah)

-Lewd. (Mashiro)

-Everyone is looking at us, Lecia. (Farah)

Lecia winks at me with a cheerful attitude.

-Let leave the rest after you finish everything then. (Lecia)

She talks to me with a serious voice.

-Please come back safely, Farah. (Lecia)

I smile back at her.

-I will. (Farah)

With everything wrap up, we process to the next floor. A big staircase welcomes us to process onto the next floor.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
While we are moving on the stairs, Beleth seems to notice my abnormalness and asks.

-What are you thinking about, master? (Beleth)

-Uhm, I ...? (Farah)

-Is it about Lecia, right? (Beleth)

-Eh. (Farah)

-You must have asked yourself why did that girl act like that before separate from you. (Beleth)

-... (Farah)

-Master also has an aura that makes people around you feel safe. That's why with your help, people can easier get close to Mashiro, and you can calm down people that smoothly. That girl also seems to notice that. (Beleth)

Beleth continues.

-Therefore, Lecia gathers up her courage to separate from you. Lecia doesn't want to depend too much on you, master. (Beleth)

-... (Farah)

-It's doesn't mean Lecia hates you, master. She did it because she wants to stand equally by your side. (Beleth)

Beleth forms a smile.

-You have discovered a brilliant girl, master. (Beleth)

My face becomes bright red because of Beleth's statement.

-But... (Farah)

But is it right for her to like me? Because we are people come from two different timelines. We may not meet each other again after this trial.

-We have finally arrived at our destination, master. (Beleth)

I look up and notice an enormous gate in front of me. We gradually push the gate open and walk inside. What awaits us inside is a man who sits on the throne.

-You have finally arrived, chess pieces of god. (Man)

The man seems to look down at us.

-A pitiful chess piece doesn't know what it is doing. (Man)

-What do you mean by that? (Farah)

-Why should I explain it to you? You guys shouldn't waste my time and die here. (Man)

A tablet float on his hand starts shinning.

-Illusion Cut. (Man)

Dark mist comes out from his body and forms into crescent form.

-Defend. (Mashiro)

The tree comes from the ground and creates a circle to protect us.

-Not good. (Beleth)

Beleth pulls Mashiro and me to the ground and makes us lie down.

*Swirl*

I can hear something was cut when we are lying down.

-Hoh, you three avoid it. (Man)

The man stands up from the throne and laughs at us.

-Not dying in one hit means you three are qualified to entertain me! (Man)

 

Thanks for reading OwO

There will be one more chapter tonight.

38