Chapter 165: Interlude 61/ The Heart Once Closed-1 ✔️
626 13 34
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Stolas's POV

"Never let emotion hinders your judgment" is the thing I have told myself since I was young. To lead the fairy tribe to success in the rebellion against the chaos elves, I had to put aside the thing called emotion.

The emotion inside me gradually disappeared because I hid them for too long. For a long time, I have wondered if the action of absorbing souls is the real reason that makes me lose my emotion.

The ordinary fairy needs to absorb the mana from nature to become stronger, and that process is quite time-consuming. To start the rebellion, I need to become stronger without consuming too much time. I found a method to become stronger by absorbing the sinister soul of others beings.

-It's a fair price for gaining the power to protect your people. Without power, we will forever remain as the slaves under those chaos elves. (Stolas)

However, because our people absorbed sinister souls to become stronger, other fairy races started to look at us with contempt eyes. They despised us and called us "Corrupted Fairies" and deem us to have turned our back on the nature goddess. But the people under me never blame me for that.

-I must become the queen that fits everyone's expectations. (Stolas)

Under my governance, our race gradually became prosperous. The size of our race started with a small village that now had become a vast kingdom. The days kept passing slowly until one day, "He" suddenly appeared out of nowhere. "He" was the person who had the most sinister soul I have ever seen.

-Look at his soul directly can make me feel nausea. (Stolas)

How much crime has he committed before he met me? On top of that, he is much stronger than me. That "Man" has been stripped of all the rights to use this grimoire, so he can no longer control us again. The contract sounded really favour and tempting to me. But I knew that man wouldn't fulfil his promise. There is no reason for a disgusting man like him to follow a mere contract.

-I have to accept his offer even I know It's a trap. (Stolas)

Because I knew he would destroy my kingdom once I declined his offer. The people under me become anxious when I signed the contract with that "man."

After that, I found out not only me but 71 other people had contracted with that "Man." I have found my first friend among those people. And the thing that I was afraid of having finally become true. That "man" had tricked us and escaped from the contract he signed with us.

However, the contract of us with him didn't end. That "Man" stored all of our contracts in the thing calls grimoire.

-That "Man" has been stripped of all the right to use this grimoire. Therefore, that man can no longer control us again. (Stolas)

However, the grimoire still held the power control over our freedom. To not let the grimoire fell in the wrong hand, each of us has set a criterion for the person can become our next master. As my part, I demand my next master wouldn't betray us.

As the day passed, I continued governing my kingdom as usual until the summoning circle appeared in front of me again.

-My next master, what kind of person will you be? (Stolas)

 

The next  chapter will be about the meeting between Stolas and Farah in Stolas's POV

Thanks for reading OwO

34