Chapter 167: Interlude 63/ The Heart Once Closed-3 ✔️
613 13 35
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Stolas's POV

My first impression of my current master is only "Cute" with a unique soul. I unconsciously admire her beauty, both inside and outside.

-I never think my new master is this cute. (Stolas)

If I look at her current appearance, I almost mistake her for a beast woman. There is a type of energy that covers her body and makes her change.

I move close to my new master and start checking on her body.

-Your muscle power is really in a different realm. Your current muscle power is enough to fight against other demoness in close combat. (Stolas)

However, I find out that she doesn't have much muscle, despite her current muscle power.

-It's a temporary boost, right? Since I can't think of you as a fighter, master. (Stolas)

-Uhm, yes. (Farah)

A unique power that can temporarily transcend the race is the first time I have ever seen it. I turn toward the current master of mine and wait for her order.

-What do you want me to do, master? (Stolas)

What would the command be? Slaughter and destroy are the commands that I am most familiar with.

-Can you help me defend the camp and protect twins called Amy and Mia? (Farah)

It has been a long time since I have had this kind of command. I activate my racial skill and look into my master's thoughts. After I confirm the appearance of the person I need to protect, I reply to master.

-Very well, please leave it to me, master. (Stolas)

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
My current master is really unusual. She doesn't demand much from me and only asks me to protect other people.

-Am I not good enough? (Stolas)

I try to approach the master to confirm her hidden motive. I want to make sure she doesn't possess any wicked thoughts about the people in my country and me. After finishing my confirmation, I try to take the distance from her by patrolling around the camp.

-Why did I set that criteria instead of a criterion that stops my new master from harming my country? (Stolas)

I shake my head and try to ignore those thoughts. To calm my heart and kill my emotions, I must continue doing that. I jump off from the owl and approach the monsters in the forest.

-Only the battlefield can calm my heart. (Stolas)

Kill, destruction can make me forget the pain in my heart. What pain? You are still not a perfect ruler at all, Stolas.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Until one day, my master finds out about the slaughter of mine in the forest. Because of the darkness, the master tries to confirm my identity by asking me.

-Stolas, Is that you? (Farah)

Will she fear this appearance of mine? Will she run away and never look back again? They are all assumptions I make in my head.

-Are you alright? (Farah)

She reaches out to me, despite the blood of monsters on my body. The master tries to wipe the blood with the handkerchief she brought along.

-Why? Why are you not afraid of me, master? (Stolas)

My master answers me with eyes full of determination.

-Do I have any reason to be afraid of you, Stolas? (Farah)

The master gives me an answer as a matter of fact. I come to understand my new master from that moment.

I thought she would be someone ignorant of life and only know to be kind to everyone. But the determination in her eyes when she looked at me tell a different story.

-You need to take a break, Stolas. You have patrolled a lot lately. (Farah)

-It's unnecessary, master. I have more than enough strength to continue patrolling.

-I order you to take a break today. (Farah)

It's an unreasonable order come from my new master.

-I know you are strong, Stolas. But you need to know that you are not alone. (Farah)

She looks at me with worried eyes.

-Don't try to do everything by yourself, Stolas. (Farah)

-... (Stolas)

I wonder how long I have tried to deal with every problem by myself.

-Right. (Stolas)

The warmth that comes from her kindness reminds me of how Beleth helped me during the war.

-Have I always been the one wrong? (Stolas)

What if I share my burden with others? Will it change the result? Will it make my relationship between Beleth and me better?

-Nothing would change. (Stolas)

-Stolas? (Farah)

My master can only say that since she hasn't gone through my experience. She is still too pure and naive.

-You should go back, master. I will come back once I have finished. (Stolas)

-Alright, but you need to take a break probably once you finished, okay? (Farah)

I nod at her statement and let the master go back to the camp with one of my summons.

-If I carry every burden by myself alone, then "she" won't die. (Stolas)

I stare at the place where the master just left.

-Some kindness once in a while is not really bad. (Stolas)

I grasp my hand and look at the sky.

-But I can't let this kindness hinder my goal is to become a perfect ruler. (Stolas)

The goal is the promise of me with the most important person.

-Mother. (Stolas)

 

Thanks for reading OwO

There will be one more chapter tonight. Stolas's POV will last for a few more chapters.

35