Chapter 169: The Battle Of Ice And Rose ✔️
1.1k 84 34
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Farah's POV.

Stolas and I arrive at the forest nearby.

-I'm sorry for disturbing you in the middle of the night, master. (Stolas)

-Don't worry about that, Stolas. It's rare to see you ask me for something. (Farah)

Stolas stares at me and brings her hand near her chest.

-What's wrong, Stolas? Are you hurt somewhere? (Farah)

Stolas shakes her head and tries to deny it.

-Nothing, master. (Stolas)

-Uhm. (Farah)

Stolas tells me to take a distance and be ready for battle. After we complete our preparation, Stolas asks me.

-Are you ready, master? (Stolas)

-Yes! (Farah)

-Alright. (Stolas)

Stolas closes her eyes for a moment.

-Stolas? (Farah)

After Stolas opens her eyes, the atmosphere surrounding her suddenly changes. It becomes much colder compare to normal her. She replies to me with a monotone voice.

-Shall we start, master? You can make your first move. (Stolas)

-Right. (Farah)

I concentrate and release the first spell.

-Advance Fire Magic: Inferno (Farah)

A wave of fire appears and heads toward Stolas' place.

-The rose that eats fire. (Stolas)

Vines raise from the ground and construct a wall to defend against the fire barrier.

-Huh? (Farah)

The moment my fire touches the vine, the red flower starts blooming from the vine.

-Rose dragon. (Stolas)

The flower falls off from the vine and turns into the magnificent rose dragon. I can't help but admire the dragon in front of me.

-It's so beautiful! (Farah)

The rose dragon flies toward me.

-It's coming this way. (Farah)

-You will be hurt if you don't defend against it, master. (Stolas)

-Advance Ice Magic: The Ice World~✩ (Farah)

The surrounding temperature drops and causes everything around me to start to freeze. The movement of the rose dragon also becomes slower because of that.

-Advance Ice Magic: Absolute Zero~✩ (Farah)

The rose dragon in front of me instantly turns into a giant iceberg. Stolas has already carried out the next move once I finish dealing with the rose dragon.

-Arise, my golemss. (Stolas)

Many golemss whose bodies are made from colourful gems rose from the ground.

-Advance Ice Magic: Ice Lance Rain~✩ (Farah)

Hundred of Ice lances fall from the sky, and their target is Stolas.

-You are still naive as always, master. (Stolas)

The rose dragon breaks free from the ice and heads toward those lances that are falling.

-All kinds of magic are made from the mana of users. I can break the spell by turning them to mana again. (Stolas)

The rose dragon swings its wings and lets the rose's petals spread to touch those ice lances. Once the rose petals touched the ice lances, they instantly melt them.

-Eh! (Farah)

Stolas points her hand at me and says.

-Raise. (Stolas)

The vines grow from the ground under me and try to assault me.

-Barrier~✩ (Farah)

However, the vines pass through the barrier and reach out to the place where I'm standing. I instantly retreat backward from those vines.

-Advance Ice Magic: Ice Coffin~✩ (Farah)

-Attack her, rose dragon. (Stolas)

The dragon breaths out the fire at me and melts the ice coffin I just created.

-Nanomachine: Smoke! (Farah)

-Huh? (Stolas)

The nanomachine follow my order and spread the smoke to hinder Stolas's sight.

-Intermediate Ice Magic: Ice surface~✩ (Farah)

I can hear the voice come from outside the smoke.

-What is your purpose of turning the ground into ice, master? (Stolas)

I ignore her and transform half the nanomachine into the gun. And I turn the rest nanomachine into the ice skate shoes.

-Body enhancement~✩ (Farah)

I skate out of the smoke while holding the gun in my hand. I aim the gun at Stolas and start shooting.

-Not bad. (Stolas)

The golemss move to the front of Stola and form a wall to defend her from the barrage of bullets.

-Rose dragon, break! (Stolas)

The rose dragon once turns its attention to me.

-It can't hit me with the current speed. (Farah)

Stolas denies my answer.

-I never tell the dragon to aim at the master in the first place. (Stolas)

The dragon breathes out the fire and destroys the surface that I'm skating on.

-Tchh! (Farah)

I also find out the vines are coming from behind and ready to strike me once my speed drops.

-Unique Ice Magic: Air Skating~✩ (Farah)

I jump toward the sky and use the air as the foothold, so I can continue skating.

-Really creative, master. (Stolas)

I skate toward the golems and turn the gun in my hand into a sword.

-You can't cut down the golems of mine with a typical sword, master. (Stolas)

-It's not a typical sword, Stolas.  (Farah)

The current sword of mine is vibrating with insane high speed. I wield the blade at the golems and slash them in two.

-I told you, Stolas. (Farah)

I skate toward Stolas at high speed. Somehow, I can't slow down and skate past the place where Stolas is standing.

-Eh? (Stolas)

Air skating is the spell that I just invented recently. Therefore, I have little time to practice this skill.

-I can't stop! (Farah)

Stolas seems to notice the problem. She turns toward my place and jumps toward me.

-A jump? (Farah)

In just a few seconds, Stolas arrives right behind me. She reaches out her hand and hugs me. At this rate, we will crash into the nearby tree.

-Rose dragon. (Stolas)

Stolas has commanded the rose dragon to situate at the place we are going to crash.

-Rose cushion. (Stolas)

The dragon uses its body to cushion us from the impact.

-Argh! (Farah)

Fortunately, we successfully land without receiving injuries. I turn toward Stolas and try to apologize.

-Stolas... (Farah)

Before I can complete my sentence, Stolas looks up at me with a face on the verge of tearing up.

-I'm sorry. I almost hurt the master because of my selfish desire. (Stolas)

-No, Stolas! It was all my fault trying out a new skill. (Farah)

-If I didn't ask you to the duel in the first place, this wouldn't happen. (Stolas)

Stolas is always like that. She always tries to take responsibility for everything.

-It's our fault, Stolas. Stop taking all the blame as if everything is your fault. (Farah)

-Do I have the right for that? (Stolas)

-If no one gives you the right to do that, then I will grant you that right. (Farah)

I heard a small laugh come from Stolas.

-You are absurd, as always, my master. Thank you. (Stolas)

-Stolas? (Farah)

I can feel her temperature is slightly increasing. I stop hugging Stolas and check up on her.

-Stolas has fainted! (Farah)

I stand up and hold Stolas in my arms.

-I need to bring her back and ask Beleth! (Farah)

 

Thanks for reading OwO

34