Chapter 183: The Separation
581 7 34
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Farah's POV

-It's the weird staircase again. (Farah)

Our group is walking on the staircase that leads to the third trial. Stolas stares at the stair and tries to investigate them.

-This stair is made of an extremely complex spell formation. (Stolas)

-Right. The one who made this stair must be at least my level. (Beleth)

-And the energy made this staircase seem familiar, Beleth. (Stolas)

Beleth places her hand on her chin.

-Right, I think I have come in touch with this kind of energy somewhere. (Beleth)

To not disturb the conversation between Beleth and Stolas, I turn around to check up on the twin. I can see they are feeling down compared to usual.

-Amy, Mia! (Farah)

-Yes, sister! (Amy)

-I'm here, sister. (Mia)

I stop and reach out to them. I pull the twins to my side and hug them gently.

-Sister! (Mia)

-Sister Farah. (Amy)

I pat the two on their back and appease them.

-We will meet them again. (Farah)

When I am hugging the twins, I can hear the stairs start to rumble.

-Farah, Amy and Mia! We need to go now! (Beleth)

-Eh? (Farah)

I release the twins and direct my attention to Beleth.

-Don't stand there, Farah! Run! (Beleth)

I can't grasp what's happening until I turn back and notice the stair is collapsing.

-Mia, Amy! Go now! (Farah)

-Yessss! (Amy & Mia)

I let the twins run in front of me while I was following right behind them.

-Hurry! (Beleth)

We run to the end of the stair as fast as possible.

-I can see the exit, sister. (Amy)

Beleth and Stolas are the first ones to pass through the exit. The following person who passes through the other side is Amy.

-Sister Farah! Mia! (Amy)

When we almost pass through the gate, many tiny creepy hands suddenly appear and prevent us from passing through the other side.

-I can't move, sister Farah. (Mia)

-Farah! Mia! (Beleth)

The others seem to notice something wrong happens to us. They try to back inside the stair and save us.

-It's too dangerous, don't come back! (Farah)

-But sister! (Amy)

-Master! (Stolas)

I try to cast the magic at those hands, but it seems unscathed after receiving my magic. I'm not sure I can escape these hands use the magical girl form. The only option I can do here is.

-Barrier! (Farah)

I cast a barrier on Mia and me.

-Sister? (Mia)

-I'm sorry, Mia. (Farah)

I cast the spell that I had finished prepared.

-Unique Neutral Magic: Mana Outbreak. (Farah)

I use myself as a centre and create an explosion. With this explosion, I can blow off the platform under Mia and pushed outside with the platform.

-Sister! (Mia)

Somehow, it works according to my plan. The explosion successfully pushed Mia to the other side of the stair.

-Master! (Stolas)

-Sister! (Mia)

Beleth can no longer keep her calm. She takes out her wings and tries to go back inside.

-I will come back to save you, Farah! (beleth)

But when Beleth tries to go through the stairs again, an invisible barrier stops her from entering again. She becomes furious and tries to slash down the invisible barrier.

-Farah! (Beleth)

However, it's too late since I have accelerated the collapse of the staircase when I use that neutral magic.

-Noooo! (Beleth)

The ground beneath me starts to collapse. I can feel I fall to the place created by the collapse of the stair.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
*After the group failed to save Farah.

Beleth becomes angry and stomps her leg on the ground.

-What the hell is that? (Beleth)

Mia can no longer hold back her tear and starts crying.

-It's all my fault that we can't save the sister. (Mia)

Amy can only stand dumbfounded and stares at the gate where they failed to save Farah. Stolas is the calmest person in the group. She speaks out and tries to calm everyone down.

-Everyone, you guys need to calm down. (Stolas)

-But we failed to save Farah, Stolas! (Beleth)

Stolas glares at Beleth and tells her with an icy voice.

-Get a hold of yourself, Beleth. Master is still alive, you know? (Stolas)

-How can you be so sure about that, Stolas? (Beleth)

Stolas utters a sigh and replies to Beleth.

-That's why I told you to cool your head, Beleth. (Stolas)

Stolas points at herself and Beleth and says.

-We are still over here, Beleth. That means the contract between the master and we are not broken yet. (Stolas)

-Right, I forget about it. (Beleth)

Stolas bends down and pats Mia's head.

-It's not your fault, Mia. (Stolas)

-... (Mia)

Mia wipes her tears and stands up.

-Right, I can't sit here and cry forever. If my sister is still alive, I will save her. (Mia)

-That's the spirit. (Stolas)

The group gain back their spirit and starts to move. The first thing they do is investigate the surrounding area.

-This area looks like barren land. (Beleth)

-Everything is dying here. (Stolas)

After a while, the group comes across many dead bodies on the ground.

-There is the sign of battle over there. (Stolas) 

Beleth bends down and checks up on the dead bodies.

-These bodies don't seem to belong to a human. (Beleth)

These bodies that Beleth found on the ground have their head looks like a bat. The group keeps searching around, but they can't discover anything besides the dead bodies.

-Mia? (Amy)

-Yes, sister? (Mia)

-Did you receive the mission for this trial? (Amy)

-No, I didn't. Did you receive one? (Mia)

Amy shakes her head.

-I didn't receive any mission too. It's so unusual since we usually receive one right at the start. (Amy)

-... )Mia)

-Hey!

The twins shift their attention to Beleth's shouting.

-What's wrong, sister Beleth? (Mia)

-I found a person. (Beleth)

Beleth pulls out a person who was buried under the mountain of the corpse.

-Hoh! (Beleth)

-That person is... (Amy)

-A Lamia! (Stolas)

 

Thanks for reading OwO

34