Chapter 186: Current Situation
603 33 35
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Beleth and Stolas continue interrogating Stheno.

-How did you end up here? (Beleth)

Stheno scratches her cheeks and replies to Beleth.

-We encountered the apostles under the devil's outer god. They are too strong for us to go against them at the same time. (Stheno)

-So you guys divide the army to run away from those apostles, right? (Beleth)

-You can say so. (Stheno)

Stolas seems like she can't understand the situation and asks.

-If the opponent is stronger than you guys, is it much better to fight together and defeat them? )Stolas)

Stheno can merely laugh and answer.

-Because we didn't stand a chance against them. (Stheno)

Stheno continues with a grave voice.

-Those apostles are in a different realm compare to us. They are too strong and can easily crush our army. (Stheno)

-... (Stolas)

-That's why we choose a method to reduce our casualty and wait for our master to finish the devil god. (Stheno)

Beleth nods and says.

-It's a wise choice indeed. (Beleth)

Beleth releases her blood lust and asks Stheno.

-Do you hide anything from us? (Beleth)

Stheno can feel an invisible pressure come from Beleth.

-No, I... (Stheno)

-What? (Beleth)

-I have nothing to hide from you guys. (Stheno)

After Beleth heard the answer come from Stheno, she looked in Stolas's direction.

-She is telling the truth. I found nothing weird when I read her mind. (Stolas)

-Is that so? (Beleth)

Beleth retracts her bloodlust.

-I'm sorry, Stheno. I merely want to test you for a little. (Beleth)

Stheno can't help but relive when Beleth retracted her bloodlust. Because at the moment Beleth released the bloodlust, she thought Beleth would kill her for real.

-Don't worry, we won't harm you for no reason. (Stolas)

The sentence can also be interpreted as you will die the moment you try to harm us. It's the warning that Stolas gave to Stheno.

-I understand. (Stheno)

-That's good. (Stolas)

-Ah, I almost forget to ask you, Stheno. (Beleth)

-Yes? (Stheno)

-Where are your people? I thought at least some soldiers would come along with you, right? (Beleth)

-... (Stheno)

Stolas looks at Beleth and shakes her head.

-Well, cheer up! (Beleth)

-Thanks. (Stheno)

Beleth reaches out to Stheno and gives her a hand.

-Let me take you to our tent. You must be tired after a long battle. (Beleth)

Stheno grasps Beleth's hand and stands up.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Inside the tent, Amy is hugging Mia on the bed. Since the disappearance of Farah, Mia has once again returned to her timid self.

-Sister. (Mia)

Amy continues patting Mia on the back.

-Everything will be okay, Mia. (Amy)

Many sudden things happen continuously to make Mia unable to keep her calm. The most recent thing they discover out the truth about of the disaster in her homeland.

The first thing the twins felt when the twins heard the truth was hatred. At that moment, they wanted to revenge on their parent. But they soon notice they aren't his opponent.

If the opponent can easily toy with a planet, then the twins do not differ from ants in his eyes. Therefore, the hatred inside the twins gradually turns into fear. The fear is emphasized even more with the missing of Farah.

The twins kept hugging each other until they heard a voice come from outside.

-You can take a rest here. (Beleth)

-Thank you. (Stheno)

After that, Stheno comes inside the tent and finds the twins.

-You two are here, too. (Stheno)

The twins only nod without giving her a reply. Stheno goes to the opposite bed of the twins and sits down on it. Since the Stheno's tail is too long, she must put the rest on the ground.

Stheno looks at the twins and asks them with an anxious voice.

-Are you two alright? (Stheno)

The twins answer in a monotone voice.

-We are fine. (Mia & AMy)

Stheno feels she can't leave them alone and strikes up another conversation.

-Whenever I look at you two, it will remind me of my daughter.  (Stheno)

The twins were surprised when they heard that. They never thought Stheno would have a daughter because she looks so young.

-Do you want to see her? I have a picture of her with me. (Stheno)

-Eh? (Amy)

Stheno takes off the necklace she is wearing and shows it to the twins.

-I can't see it. (Mia)

-It's too far. (Amy)

Stheno smiles and tells them.

-Please come closer to me and see it. I promised I wouldn't harm you guys. (Stheno)

In the end, the twins can't beat their curiosity. They go to Sthenos's bed and sit on it. Stheno shows the picture to the twins.

-Is she cute? (Stheno)

On the image is a small lamia with a beaming smile.

-She is so cute~ (Mia & Amy)

Stheno smiles and replies to them.

-She is my only treasure. (Stheno)

-You must treasure her a lot, Stheno. (Mia)

Stheno nods and reaches out her hand to pat Amy, Mia. The twins let her pats because they couldn't feel any intent come from her.

-Right, children are the greatest gift of life. (Stheno)

Stheno continues talking.

-You guys shouldn't worry too much. Let adults do that job for you guys. (Stheno)

-But! (Amy)

-There is no but. You can't do anything if you are overthinking. (Stheno)

Stheno pulls the twins near her and hugs them.

-You two have suffered too much. (Stheno)

The twins no longer can hold their tears. The twins start crying out loud. Stheno only watches over them while patting them on the back. It takes a while for the twins to calm down.

Stheno proposes the twins sleep with her. As if the twins can feel the motherhood come from Stheno, they agree to sleep with her.

-La~ La. (Stheno)

Stheno sings a graceful lullaby and makes the twins fall into sleep.

-You may come out now, Beleth. (Stheno)

-Hoh, so you noticed my existence. (Beleth)

-It's just my instinct. There is no way you leave these two children to stay alone with me. (Stheno)

-Ahaha, you got me. (Beleth)

Beleth stares at the peaceful face of the twins.

-You seem to be good at dealing with children. (Beleth)

Stheno laughs and replies to Beleth.

-It's a necessary skill to become an excellent mother. (Stheno)

 

Thanks for reading OwO

There will be one more chapter tonight~

The next chapter will be in Farah's POV

35