Chapter 190: Interlude 70/ The Third-Party
571 7 35
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

-What are you talking about, Athena? (Perseus)

The man shouts at the woman in front of him.

-... (Athena)

-Why did the "Order" allow them to join our side? (Perseus)

Athena shakes her head and replies to the man.

-I can't overturn their decision, Perseus. (Athena)

-... (Perseus)

After Athena finished talking to Perseus, she went out and left Perseus behind alone. Perseus bites his lips until it bleeding.

-Why did they allow them to join us? (Perseus)

Terrible blood lust comes from Perseus.

-I can't have my revenge on them if they did that. (Perseus)

After a while, Perseus decides to return to his room.

-I'm back. (Perseus)

However, no one inside the room replies to Perseus. He walks to the stone of a woman placed carefully in the room's corner.

-Andromeda. (Perseus)

Perseus takes a wine bottle out from under the bed and drinks it. He sits down at the statue and starts crying.

-I miss you so much, Andromeda. (Perseus)

If the others look at the current Perseus, they will not detect a trace of a mighty god. All they can find here is a depressed and lonely man.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Since the day Perseus received the news that Jormungandr's army joined the "Order." He spent days and nights drinking.

-Justice, they say. (Perseus)

He throws the bottle at the wall nearby.

-Where is my justice, then? (Perseus)

The man angrily curses the "Order" out loud.

-Those jerks forgive their crime because they joined "Order."What kind of bullsh*t is that? (Perseus)

-How about taking revenge on them? (???)

-Who's there? (Perseus)

But no one replies to him when he asks out loud. He scratches his head and sighs.

-Maybe I have drunk too much. (Perseus)

If there is nothing happens, Perseus's daily life will remain like that without changing. Until one day, her sister knocks on his bedroom.

-Perseus. (Athena)

The man answers in a drunk voice.

-Yes? (Perseus)

The man lazily raises his body and walks toward the door. He opens the door and finds his cousin Athena is standing on the other side.

-Why are you here? (Perseus)

-I need you to do something. (Athena)

The man replies to her with sarcasm.

-Do you think I can help you in this state? (Perseus)

-I think you can. (Athena)

Athena smiles and answers him.

-There is a help signal that comes from a force that belongs to "Order. " (Athena)

-Then what? I'm not in the mood to rescue anyone. (Perseus)

-The signal comes from Jormungandr's army. (Athena)

The moment the man heard that name, he turned sharply and stares at Athena.

-... (Perseus)

He lets out a sigh and turns back to the room.

-I can't do anything after all. In "Order", we can't harm people in the same faction. (Perseus)

-... (Athena)

The girl places a crystal on a table in his room and turns around.

-I will leave the guide crystal here. You can find Jormungandr's army using this stone. (Athena)

-... (Perseus)

Perseus sits down and stares at the crystal lying on the ground.

-Hah! (Perseus)

He makes up his mind and picks the crystal up.

-I will use my own eyes to judge them. If they are devils, I will slay them even if I have to go against the "Order." (Perseus)

Perseus opens his wardrobe and takes out a shield and winged sandals.

-Where did I leave my sword? Is it nearby? (Perseus)

It takes a while for Perseus to find a sword in the corner of his room.

-I feel something wrong with the sword. (Perseus)

He wields the sword and tries swinging it.

-Maybe it's just my imagination. (Perseus)

Perseus leaves the room and heads to the battlefield. However, he doesn't notice the mysterious energy is lurking inside his sword.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Athena came out from the shadow of the room and watched over Perseus figure leaving the room.

-Hahahaha. He took the bait. (Athena)

Another shadow appears from right behind the laughing Athena and speaks.

-You are playing with those gods again, sister. (Yoso)

-Oh! (Athena)

Athena turns around and replies to the shadow.

-What are you doing over here, Yog-Sothoth? I thought you would spend your time and play with your favourite mortal right now? (Athena)

-I'm just passing by. (Yoso)

-You have a lot of time on your hand. (Athena)

Athena glares at Yoso and says.

-I don't know what you are planning, Yoso. But don't you dare to ruin my game. (Athena)

Yoso replies to the girl in a monotonous voice.

-I won't. (Yoso)

-Good. (Athena)

-How long do you want to wear that fake skin? (Yoso)

-Right, I almost forget about it. (Athena)

Athena takes off her skin as if it is made from clothes. What appears from inside the skin is a dark shadow with a human figure.

-That man couldn't notice the difference between his actual cousin and me. (Shadow)

-Your disuse is perfect as always, sister. (Yoso)

-Right. (Shadow)

The shadow turns to Yoso and tells her.

-I'm going to leave now, Yog-Sothoth. I want to witness his massacre directly. (Shadow)

-Okay, sister. (Yoso)

The shadow disappeared and left Yoso behind.

-I can't directly intercept with the battle to help Farah. (Yoso)

A faint smile suddenly forms on Yoso's face.

-However, the future me likely know what to do. (Yoso)

 

Sorry for the late TvT. There will be one more chapter tonight.

Thanks for reading OwO

35