Chapter 209: The Quarrel
578 7 32
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Beleth's POV.

After Stolas and I had heard the story from Stheno, we went out of the tent and let the twins and Stheno take a rest. The moment I am alone with Stolas, Stolas turns to me and asks.

-Why do you agree to go with her, Beleth? (Stolas)

I scratch my head and reply to Stolas.

-I think it's better to help her while finding Farah. (Beleth)

Stolas stares at me and says.

-Your old habit hasn't changed, Beleth. You will reach out and help the person right in front of you. (Stolas)

-What's wrong with it? (Beleth)

-Well, there is nothing wrong with it since it was your decision. (Stolas)

Stolas continues with a solemn voice.

-But if it were me, I wouldn't help that Lamia girl. (Stolas)

-Eh? (Beleth)

-I may save her life on a wimp, but I wouldn't go that far to save her clan. (Stolas)

-I merely want to save as many people as possible. I don't want to repeat that "mistake." (Beleth)

Stolas sighs and replies to me.

-I already gave you so many hints, but you still don't understand. (Stolas)

Stolas points at me and says.

-You are acceptable as a person, but failure as a servant and girlfriend. (Stolas)

I couldn't rebuke Stolas since everything she had said so far was true.

-... (Beleth)

Stolas asks me with a suspicious voice.

-Don't you want to save our master? (Stolas)

I clenched my fist when I heard Stolas said that.

-Of course, I want to save Farah, Stolas. (Beleth)

Stolas looked really annoyed when I said that.

-Then why don't you focus on finding our master only. (Stolas)

-I am doing that, you know. Don't be unreasonable like that. (Beleth)

-But we will waste a lot of time when you decide to help that Lamia. What happens if we are not on the master's side when she needs us most? (Stolas)

-... (Beleth)

-Have you ever thought about it, Beleth? (Stolas)

-I... (Beleth)

-Have you ever thought that the master would die if we were not by her side? (Stolas)

I can't reply to the girl in front of me.

-It's good to follow your justice, Beleth. But remember that one day the fate will force you to choose between your loved one and justice. (Stolas)

Stolas turns around and says to me.

-I'm not like you, Beleth. This time I will never lose the one important to me again. (Stolas)

I can only watch Stolas walk away.

-Hah. (Beleth)

I sigh and sit on the ground.

-"All lives are equal" is what I learned before I became a fallen angel. (Beleth)

I look at the hands, which are bleeding because I clench too hard.

-I still haven't overcome that teaching even when I quit that organization for a long time. The ghost of the past still haunted me. (Beleth)

The question Stolas asked me does not differ from forcing me to choose between master and other people.

-Farah holds an important place in my heart. If I lose Farah now, it's no different from losing the colour of my life. (Beleth)

But I also don't want to see Stheno kill herself by going back to her army alone.

-These hands had killed more than thousands life and I am still afraid of letting a person die. (Beleth)

I close my eyes and lie on the ground.

-I'm an idiot. (Beleth)

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
On the next day, everyone finished packing their stuff and was ready for the trip.

-Stolas? (Beleth)

I tried to reach out to Stolas, but she ignored me completely.

-Haiz. (Beleth)

Stheno seems to notice something is wrong.

-What's wrong, Beleth? (Stheno)

-Nothing, Stheno. (Beleth)

-... (Stheno)

Stheno goes to right beside my sides and whispers into my ear.

-Is it my fault? (Stheno)

-It's not your fault, Stheno. It's my fault that Stolas acts like that. (Beleth)

-... (Stheno)

I try to avoid the current topic and tell her.

-Let's go, Stheno. (Beleth)

Stheno, with a troubled face, replies to me.

-All right. Let me lead the way. (Stheno)

Stheno leads us to a pile of bat monster's corpses.

-What are we going to do here, Stheno? (Beleth)

Stheno uses her bow and shoots at the pile of corpses. The moment the arrow touches a pile of corpses, the fire comes out of it and burns down a pile of corpses.

-I seal the dimension gate under these corpses. By using this gate, it can lead us to my army place. (Stheno)

What beneath the pile of corpses is a dark hole that has chains cover on it.

-Break! (Stheno)

Under Stheno's command, the chains break and reveal the entrance of the hole.

-Are you guys ready? (Stheno)

The twins' nod and reply to Stheno.

-We are ready. (Amy & Mia)

-Me too. (Beleth)

The only one who doesn't answer Stheno's call is Stolas.

-... (Stolas)

-All right, let's go. (Stheno)

Stheno turns to the hole and jumps in first. Then the twins are the second to jump into the hole.

-Stolas... (Beleth)

Stolas ignores me and jumps into the hole.

-Haiz. (Beleth)

I follow right after her and jump inside the hole.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
What waits for us on the other side of the hole is a battlefield.

-There are many bat monsters corpses over here. (Beleth)

Stheno bends down to check the corpses.

-These monsters had died for a few days already. (Stheno)

-Is that so? (Beleth)

Stolas suddenly shouts at us.

-Enemy is coming! Ready for battle. (Stolas)

Stheno instantly becomes cautious and takes out her bow. Mia takes out her teddy bears golem and makes them ready for battle. Amy also wields her claymore and is ready to receive the enemy.

Stolas points in a direction and says.

-They are coming from that side. (Stolas)

In the direction that Stolas pointed, I could see a lot of bat monsters and Lamia.

-This will be a tough fight. (Beleth)

I take out my sword and make the mirror float around me.

 

Thanks for reading OwO

32