Chapter 240: Her Story-2
505 3 27
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

After Grimm runs away from Farah, she runs toward the gigantic tree in the middle of the forest.

-Ahhh! (Grimm)

The girl kept shaking while she was running. Even when Grimm doesn't need to breathe like an ordinary human, she still has to inhale and exhale loudly.

-I can't touch her. (Grimm)

Grimm can easily interact with Farah from afar. However, it's a different story to let her new master touch her directly.

-Argh! (Grimm)

Grimm puts her hand to block her mouth. In the current situation, she wants to vomit everything inside out.

-No, I need to keep calm. (Grimm)

The real reason that Grimm becomes like that is not because of Farah but her past. The past which haunting her and is her trauma until now.

-Why can't I? (Grimm)

Her current emotion is in a mess right now. For all these years that she was a book, she was yearning for a master that could ease her loneliness. But the moment she direct confronted the current master, she found out she couldn't truly accept her as the new master.

-Pathetic. (Grimm)

Grimm falls on her knee and stops running. Tears come out of her eyes.

-As usual, I run away from my past. My new master is not like that "guy." (Grimm)

She uses her hand and holds her head.

-But what if? (Grimm)

Grimm stares at the void while asking herself.

-What if everything was a lie? (Grimm)

Because of unstable emotion, Grimm unconsciously releases an enormous wave of manas from her body to the surrounding.

-Ahhh! (Grimm)

She falls to the ground lifelessly after that. At that moment, a shadow appears and picks Grimm up from the ground. She holds Grimm in her arm and brings her toward the tallest tree in the forest.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The next time Grimm opens her eyes, she finds herself in an unfamiliar place. The first thing that hits her eyes is a beautiful girl with green hair. It seems like Grimm is currently lying on the lap of this mysterious girl.

-Where? (Grimm)

When Grimm tries to raise her body up from Mashiro's lap, Mashiro pushes Grimm back down.

-Take...break. You... wounded. (Mashiro)

-I'm fine, for now. Let me go now. (Grimm)

-You...not... fine. (Mashiro)

Grimm agitated and shouted at me. Grimm knows the girl doesn't have any fault, but she still throws a tantrum at her.

-You...not...okay. (Mashiro)

-What are you talking about? I have no wounds on my body! Let me go! (Grimm)

Mashiro shakes her head and tells Grimm softly.

-No...wound...outside...but...inside. (Mashiro)

-I don't know! What are you talking about? Release me! (Grimm)

Mashiro kindly bends down and hugs Grimm tightly. Grimm can no longer hold back her tears and starts crying out loud.

-Uwaaa! Uwwaaaa! (Grimm)

For all those years, she was in her book shape. She has no one to share her thinking with. She is just lonely by herself, holding back her emotions for more than a thousand years.

-There...there. (Mashiro)

Mashiro copies the action of a certain person. She reaches her hand out and pats Grimm's head.

-Everything...eventually...fine. No... more...negative. (Mashiro)

Grimm keeps sobering inside Mashiro's embrace for a while.

-Please release me. (Grimm)

After confirming the negative energy inside of Grimm reduced, Mashiro releases Grimm from her hug.

-Okay...now? (Mashiro)

Grimm nods and replies to her.

-I'm fine now. (Grimm)

Both of them start staring at each other without speaking a sentence.

-Ah! (Grimm)

Grimm is the first one to break the silence between them. She bends her head down and says.

-Thanks for saving me and sorry for being unreasonable. (Grimm)

Mashiro nods and replies.

-No...problem. (Mashiro)

Then the twos stop talking again.

-Uhm? (Grimm)

Mashiro tilts her head and waits for Grimm to say.

-Are there any deep reasons that are you saving me? (Grimm)

Mashiro wonders why the person in front of her saves her for no reason. Is there any reason to go that far for a person she never meets unless she has a hidden motive?

Mashiro pondered for a while. It seems like she is thinking of the answer and try putting them into words.

-You...same... me! (Mashiro)

-Huh? (Grimm)

-We...both...not...human. (Mashiro)

Grimm froze because the opponent noticed she was not human at first glance.

-How could you know? (Grimm)

Mashiro lightly smiles and points at the chest of Grimm. Mashiro holds her breath and tries to express her thoughts as clearly as possible. The words this time come out smoothly and do not break like other times.

-I can feel...the will of your creator. (Mashiro)

Grimm could feel a shock run through her body when Mashiro mentioned "creator"?

-She wishes you... to always give the other happiness. It's the same as... my duty. (Mashiro)

Tears once again came out from her eyes when Grimm heard that statement.

-I'm sorry, Elizabeth. I have gone against your wish. (Grimm)

Grimm stares at her hand.

-These hands have become dirty. I can no longer fulfil your wish, Elizabeth. (Grimm)

Grimm clenches her hand and looks at Mashiro.

-Should I just run away from the past again? I don't want to. (Grimm)

Grimm asks Mashiro with her low voice.

-Can... you hear my story? (Grimm)
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

There is a girl with blonde hair who stands in the middle of the town square. Surrounding her is not just kids but also adults. All of them are staring at the girl with sparkling eyes.

-The dragon stands on the top of the castle and haughtily challenges our hero. (???)

In the middle of the air, a scary dragon hologram appears.

-But our hero doesn't retreat. He took out a spear, which he received from the goddess trial, and threw it at the dragon. (???)

A small human hologram appears and throws the spears at the dragon hologram.

-The dragon doesn't stand a chance against the hero. The dragon falls to the ground lifelessly. With the help of the hero, the peace return to the kingdom once again. (???)

-Ohhhh! (Villager A)

With the brilliant show happening in front of them, the villager help choice but clapping her hand.

-Another story, miss Elizabeth. (Villager B)

-Please tell us another story, sister Elizabeth. The dragon is so awesome. (Villager C)

The fairy tales may have a happy ending. Unfortunately, the story of Miss Elizabeth as the protagonist is not like that.

 

Thanks for reading ʕ •ᴥ•ʔ

27