Chapter 253: Interlude 89/ The Origin Of Twins’ Parents
539 3 25
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Amy's POV.

After the meeting with sister Stolas last night, I cannot focus on anything from that moment.

-Sister! (Mia)

-... (Amy)

-Sister! (Mia)

Someone suddenly shakes my body and makes me return to reality.

-Eh! (Amy)

I found out Mia was the one who shook my body.

-Sister! (Mia)

-Ah! Yes? What's wrong, Mia? (Amy)

Mia sighs while staring at me.

-Your food is turning cold, sister. You have spaced out for a while. (Mia)

-Ah! (Amy)

I used the spoon to take a sip of the soup I was eating.

-Cold... (Amy)

-Do you need me to ask the canteen lady to warm it up for you, sister? (Amy)

I give Mia my soup plate and answer.

-Yes, please. (Amy)

After Mia finished heating my soup, she brought it back to the table and gave it to me.

-Here you are. (Mia)

-Thank you, Mia. (Amy)

I receive it from her and resume eating.

-Huh? (Amy)

While I'm eating, Mia keeps staring at me.

-What's in your mind lately, sister? (Mia)

-Huh, what are you talking about, Mia? (Amy)

She keeps staring at me.

-You have acted weirdly since the moment you woke up. As the instinct of twin, I could guess you were hiding something from me. (Mia)

I dropped my spoon in my right hand at the sudden statement of Mia.

-Am I right, sister? (Mia)

-Uh...m (Amy)

I can't look into her eyes and answer her.

-Fine! I won't ask you anymore. (Mia)

-Eh? (Amy)

Mia picks her plate and stands up.

-I feel you would tell me when the time comes. Therefore, I won't ask anymore. (Mia)

-... (Amy)

Mia leaves me behind and goes out of the cafeteria. I have no choice but to eat alone.

After finishing breakfast, I go to the training ground to exercise my body.

-Oh, are you also here to practice, Amy? (Euryale)

-Yes! (Amy)

The one that calls out to me is Euryale. She wields a gigantic axe to cut the scarecrow in front of her. I go to the place a bit far from Euryale and take out my claymore.

-... (Amy)

I stare at the scarecrow in front of me and swing my claymore.

-Huh! (Amy)

On the first swing, I missed the scarecrow and hit the ground.

-Amy? (Euryale)

-Yes? (Amy)

I turn to my left and find Euryale is standing there.

-Your strike looks a bit dull. Is there something on your mind? (Euryale)

I never thought even a stranger could notice something was wrong with me.

-Yeah... (Amy)

Euryale reaches out and pats my shoulder.

-Kid like you should take a rest. You should come back once your mind is stable. Otherwise, you could hurt yourself while training. (Euryale)

-... (Amy)

Euryale sighs.

-If you have something that hard to talk to others about, I can be there and share your worries. (Euryale)

-Thank you, Euryale. (Amy)

Should I tell her about "that"? I haven't told Mia yet since I am afraid of giving her false hope.

Before Euryale could return to her training, I called out to her.

-I...I have something to tell you. (Amy) 

Euryale puts her axe down and looks at me with a calm face. I slowly tell her about my family situation.

-I understand. You didn't want to hurt your sister again because you thought your parents' survival chances were low, right? (Euryale)

-Yes? (Amy)

-I think you should tell your sister, Amy. (Euryale)

-Why? (Amy)

-It's for your own sake, Amy. You will keep feeling guilty if you hide that secret from her. (Euryale)

-... (Amy)

-Furthermore, I think your sister has the right to know about it. (Euryale)

Euryale continues.

-You two are sisters and twins on top of that. You should not keep a burden on yourself alone, Amy. (Euryale)

-But... (Amy)

-I don't think your sister is weak as you think, Amy. (Euryale)

I know that since Mia had grown after she went through the trials. She is not crying as much as before.

-I will tell her then. (Amy)

Euryale smiles and says.

-That's good! Even as the second sister of the trio, I often rely on my big sister since she is smarter than I. (Euryale)

-Right... Family needs to rely on each other. (Amy)

-I almost forget to ask about it! (Euryale)

-What's wrong, Euryale? (Amy)

-You told me that your parents left some hints to you guys, right? (Euryale)

-Ah, yes! (Amy)

I open my pocket and start finding that "thing."

-My parents seemed to give that "thing" to a survivor and told him to give it once they met us. Luckily, sister Stolas met that person, and he told her to give this to us. (Amy)

I take out a black coin from the pocket and show it to Euryale.

-Euryale? (Amy)

The moment Euryale saw the coin in my hand, her face darkened.

-Can I borrow it a little bit, Amy? (Euryale)

-Yes? (Amy)

I gave the coin to her. Euryale picked the coin and looked at it with a stiff face.

-Amy! (Euryale)

-What's wrong, Euryale? (Amy)

-I think your parents may come from "Chaos." (Euryale)

 

 

Thanks for reading OwO

25