Chapter 309: Interlude 114/ The Battle Inside The Capital City-1
329 2 17
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

The group of angels successfully passed through the barrier and arrived at the capital of Athor's country. The leader of the angels' group ordered his soldiers to land at the edge of the city.

-Let's land here! (Commander)

-Roger, commander. (Angel A)

The group safely land in the area with many buildings surrounding them. The leader looks around and finds the current situation is weird.

-Why don't they come out to meet us? (Commander)

The group had destroyed the barrier and made it inside. However, the other side doesn't make a single move.

-They must notice our presence already. But not a single soldier comes out to fight us. (Commander)

Because of the enemy's abnormal activity, the leader has no choice to make the entire group land here to investigate more about the current situation.

-Commander? (Angel A)

-Hmmm? (Commander)

-I feel the air around here is a little bit weird... (Angel A)

-Weird, you say? (Commander)

The commander looks around to confirm the situation.

-There are only two-storey or three-storey buildings around us. (Commander)

One angel starts shaking and points in one direction.

-Huh? (Dohert)

The group follows the direction and sees a pair of eyes looking at them from inside the building.

-They just keep staring at us... (Dohert)

The angel standing next to the shaking one hits him in the head.

-Why the hell you are scared of that as an angel? (Angel B)

The other angels laugh at the cowardice of that man. Even the commander said with a sarcastic voice.

-You are unqualified as an angel, Dohert! (Angel A)

-Uhmm, I... (Angel B)

The shaking angel, Dohert, can only shut up because of that statement.

-Calm down, everything is just fine... (Commander)

-Yes...But still, there is something wrong with that pair of eyes. (Dohert)

The commander sighs.

-Hah, if you are still worried about it...Fonhart! (Commander)

-Yes! (Fonhart)

An angel with blond hair steps out and is ready to receive the command.

-Check up on that building! (Commander)

-Roger, commander. (Fonhart)

Fonhart flies toward the building that has a pair of eyes. But the moment he comes near the building, the windows immediately shuts as if that person wants to hide from Fonhart. The commander has no choice to tell Fonhart to come back at that situation.

-You see, Dohert! It just belongs to an ordinary person. (Commander)

Fonhart laughs out loud and ridicules Dohert.

-You are such a coward, Dohert. I don't even know why our goddess chose you as our commander disciple. (Fonhart)

-Yeahhh! Fonhart fits that position better. (Angel A)

-He should be the one who receives the goddess's grace instead. (Angel C)

Even the commander nods as if he agrees with that statement. Dohert bites his lip and says in a low voice.

-I think we should leave as fast as possible...Something is not right! (Dohert)

Commander shouts at Dohert.

-Enough! If you still have that kind of feeling, then go out and scout alone. (Commander)

Dohert has a bitter face at the commander's order.

-Fine... (Dohert)

Dohert turns away and leaves the formation. After Dohert goes out of sight, Fonhart lets out a comment.

-That cowardice is finally going away. (Fonhart)

-Ahahaha!(Angel A)

-Right! (Angel B)

The commander became annoyed at their playful attitude and shouted at them.

-Leave it for later! (Commander)

-Roger, commander! (Angel B)

-Roger... (Angel C)

-Huhm? (Commander)

When the group calm down, they notice something strange is happening.

-What? (Angel B)

From the nearby building, not just one or two windows are opened. But all those windows from the nearby building open and have a pair of eyes staring at them.

-What the hell? (Angel C)

-So creepy? (Angel A)

-Should I just hit them? (Angel B)

The commander shakes his head and tells them.

-Don't! You can't hit the innocent for no reason. Let... (Commander)

Before the commander can finish his sentence, something comes from the shadow and flies toward him.

-Huh! (Commander)

The commander barely reacts in time and let that object scratches his face. That object leaves a minor wound on the commander's face.

-Who? (Commander)

The other angels become cautious at the sudden attack. They turn in the attacked direction and are ready to cast magic.

-Hohoho! I never thought you could avoid that! (Weird Man)

A man wearing a tattered robe that fully covers his head walks out of the shadow.

-You? Who are you? (Commander)

-You don't need to know about it. Because you will die soon~ (Weird Man)

The commander laughs at the man's provocation.

-You have a big mouth for a weakling! (Commander)

The commander has already scanned through the man's body.

-You barely have any mana inside your body! What could you do to us when your sneak attack failed? (Commander)

The commander commands his subordinate to fire the magic at that weird man.

-Get rid of him quickly! (Commander)

The commander thought he would get rid of the weirdo soon. However, the thing that happened next was not like what he expected.

-Ugahhhh! (???)

The commander could hear a scream...from his side.

-Ehh? (Commander)

He turns around and finds the man appearing in front of his people. The weird man takes out the knife and cut one of the angel's throats.

-Ahhhhhh! (Angel B)

-What? (Angel C)

The commander froze, since he couldn't understand the situation.

-How can he teleport with that little amount of mana? 

Before the commander can reach out and catch the weird man, he has already appeared in the place far away from them.

-No... (Angel B)

-Hinart!!! (Angel C)

The angels become panic at the sudden loss of their friend.

-Calm down! (Commander)

-Urghhh! (Angel B)

-But! (Angel C)

The commander can only sigh because his soldier is too inexperienced.

-In a peaceful era, they don't have much chance to fight in an actual battle. (Commander)

The commander turns to the weird man and stares intensely at him.

-There are no oscillations in the surrounding mana. That means you don't use mana to teleport! (Commander)

He only knows one kind of power that doesn't use mana.

-Authority!? (Commander)

It's a power the goddess granted to their servant and disciple.

-Correct! (Weird Man)

The man disappears in front of their side again.

-Let me give you a reward for a correct answer~ (Weird Man)

The weird man makes a swift cut at the throat of the blonde angel.

-Fonhart! (Commander)

The commander shouts out loud to alert Fonhart. Unfortunately, Fonhart can't react in time.

-Huff~ (Weird Man)

The knife passes through Fonhart's throat as if there is no resistance. The head comes out of his body and lets his blood come out of it like a fountain.

-I am the disciple of pride. Welcome to my playground~ (Weird Man)

 

Thanks for reading OwO

17