Chapter 318: After The Battle-1
308 8 15
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Farah's POV

-Umuuuuu! Where am I? (Farah)

I open my eyes and notice the familiar scenery.

-The dark space? Does that mean... (Farah)

Before I can finish the entire sentence, something suddenly hits the top of my head.

-Uwaaaaa! (Farah)

I reflexively reach out to the top of my head and hold it. Someone sneak attacks on me from behind. I immediately turn around and try to rebel against that person.

-Moh, Hale! Why did you hit me on the head? (Farah)

Hale, who looks so angry, hits me on the head again.

-Awuuuuuuu! (Farah)

I become teary and stare at her.

-Why did you hit me again? (Farah)

Hale laughs lightly and grabs my head.

-Did you just ask for more? (Hale)

I pout at Hale and use my hands to hit her chest.

-You need to put more force to hurt me. (Hale)

Hale smirks and uses her hand to grab my head.

-Aiiiii! At least you must tell me a reason you are behaving like this? (Farah)

-Hah! (Hale)

-AAAAAA! Don't tighten your grab! My head is going to explode like a watermelon. (Farah)

-Whenever I don't look at you, you will immediately jump into the danger by yourself. (Hale)

-It's not like I want it to become like that... (Farah)

This time was totally an accident. I didn't know that girl would be so hostile to me at first.

-Haiz... (Hale)

Hale releases her grip and pats me instead.

-Well, you are surely unlucky this time. I never thought someone like that little girl would appear here. (Hale)

I look up and ask Hale.

-Do you know about her, Hale? (Farah)

Hale shakes her head and replies to me.

-I don't... (Hale)

-But you sound like you have some understanding about her. (Farah)

-Well, it's not the first time I encountered her kind. (Hale)

-Heh? What do you mean? (Farah)

Hale puts her hand down and says.

-That kind of eerie presence could only belong to the "Outer" ones. (Hale)

-Like the bat monster I fought in the past.

Hales nods and affirms my answer.

-Yup, it's like the one you fought when I was in asleep! But this one is much...much stronger. She must be one of the oldest and strongest ones. (Hale)

-... (Farah)

Right, I have only witnessed a part of her power. But she had already overwhelmed me with that kind of strength.

-But you are so lucky this time too, Farah. (Hale)

I tilt my head at Hale's statement.

-What do you mean? (Farah)

-You became stronger thanks to this incident. (Hale)

-Am I? (Farah)

-Yup, increasing in your Divine power is equal to an increase in your overall strength. But you almost turn into an outer one because of that. (Hale)

-Ehhh? Ehhhh! (Farah)

That means I was in a dangerous situation.

-If not for the gift that goddess gave you, you would have already turned into an outer one. (Hale)

-That means I almost turn into a monster? (Farah)

Hale lets out a big laugh and answers me.

-Well, it's just a part of it, you know. In exchange, you could gain enormous power. (Hale)

-Heh? (Farah)

-You could so create an avatar and act independently like that girl. (Hale)

-It means I can still have my humanised form, right? (Farah)

-Yup. (Hale)

But Hale had only told me about the advantages of becoming an outer so far.

-There must be disadvantages to it too, right? (Farah)

Hale nods calmly and explains to me.

-Many unknown effects will happen if one becomes an outer. For example, your character will be alternate as influenced by it. You could become a cold murderer that would kill anyone standing in your way. (Hale)

-... (Farah)

-But that goddess predicted this would happen and gave you that ball of light. (Hale)

Hale's eyes become serious.

-Just don't believe in her too much, Farah. Unlike the naive you, those goddesses wouldn't do a good deed for no reason. (Hale)

-I understand...Hey, Hale? (Farah)

-Hmmm? (Hale)

-If you lend me your full strength, will I be able to win against her? (Farah)

Hale shakes her head and replies.

-There are many uncertainties. The outcome of the battle would be unknown if we fought. (Hale)

Even Hale can't be so sure about winning against that little girl.

-I have one more question, Hale. (Farah)

-Hmmm, tell me about it. (Hale)

-What is my power? The magical girl's power and that rainbow scythe! (Farah)

-... (Hale)

Hale looks at me silently with a bitter face.

-Why do you suddenly ask me about this question? (Hale)

-Because...of the new form that comes from the skill. (Farah)

I look at her in the eyes.

-And all those weird dreams! I could see many memories that didn't belong to me. (Farah)

-... (Hale)

We keep looking at each other in silence.

-The scythe was something you used on earth, Farah. (Hale)

-Then... (Farah)

-But for your magical girl's power... I don't even know what it is. (Hale)

-Huh? (Farah)

I got a really unexpected answer from Hale.

-But I know that the current you are only able to use a small part of it. (Hale)

-Ehh? (Farah)

-I feel like that mysterious power would be on par with our power in the future or even surpass us. (Hale)

-That... (Farah)

-Like that skill, "Judgment", it's not something a person without divinity could do. And that "Reflection" skill too... (Hale)

-... (Farah)

-Have you ever asked yourself how a skill could interrupt the attack of a terrible opponent like that little girl? (Hale)

 

Thanks for reading OwO

15