Chapter 319: After The Battle-2
293 2 15
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Farah's POV

I tilt my head and innocently answer Hale.

-Because the skill effect is like that...? (Farah)

Hale smiles and pats my head again.

-There is some misunderstanding in your knowledge, Farah. (Hale)

-Huh? What do you mean? (Farah)

Hale flicks her hand and makes a screen appear in the middle of the black space. I can see the fight between the little girl and me on it.

-Do you understand what skills are, Farah? (Hale)

Well...I don't have an in-depth understanding of the skill.

-I don't know... (Farah)

-Well, of course, you wouldn't know, Farah. Because even I can't understand about skill. (Hale)

-Hey! (Farah)

Then why would Hale ask that question in the first place?

-But I have some assumptions about the skills. Would you like to hear about it, Farah? (Hale)

I nod rapidly and wait for Hale to explain.

-A skill is borrowed power? (Hale)

-Borrowed power? (Farah)

Hale nods and continues explaining.

-We borrow the power from the air, earth, water... (Hale)

Hale creates a ball of water in her hand.

-For example, to obtain water manipulation skills. I have to directly borrow from the water. (Hale)

She holds the water polo and crushes it.

-But of course, you must have the aptitude and talent for it. (Hale)

-... (Farah)

-The water-related skills have high degrees of freedom than water magic. (Hale)

-Does that mean people with skills are stronger? (Farah)

-That's incorrect! A master of water magic can still easily defeat a mediocre person with skill. (Hale)

-Huh? (Farah)

-It will take a while to explain to you about magic. But to make it short, using magic is like borrowing the power of others through a third party. While skill is borrowing power directly. (Hale)

-I see... (Farah)

-The power is not limited to just the surrounding, but also from some existent...like a god. (Hale)

-Hoh... (Farah)

-So, we now come to your first problem. Why could your skills do something like repelling that girl attack? (Hale)

-Uhm... (Farah)

-She is an almighty existent. But her powerful attack of her still got repelled by your skill. (Hale)

Hale puts her hand off and points at me.

-Not to mention, it's a skill that comes from a mortal. (Hale)

-Well... (Farah)

-Because there is only one answer for that... (Hale)

-Eh, what is it? (Farah)

-Your skill is omniscient. (Hale)

-Huh? (Farah)

-No matter what you did, the skill will bring out an expected effect in its description. (Hale)

Hale changed the screen to when I used "Judgment."

-Like this skill of yours. It has the power to wipe out your opponent's existence. (Hale)

-Yeah? (Farah)

Right, that was the little girl who described my skill.

-Normally, these kinds of skills can be easily resisted by high-ranking gods or goddesses. But your skills just ignore that resistance and wipe out that girl's existence. (Hale)

-I don't think so...? (Farah)

I saw the girl still safe and sound after receiving my attack, though.

-You must think she must be alright after the attack, right? (Hale)

-Uhm! (Farah)

-That's totally wrong. You almost extinguish the existence of that avatar. That little must have some skills in the sleeve to avoid that situation.

Hmmmm...Some trick?

-Like leaving a part of her body under the ground? (Farah)

-Yup, that's why you could see her reborn from a tentacle. If the little girl took the entire hit, she would die for sure. (Hale)

-I understand. (Farah)

-And next! (Hale)

Hale changes the screen where I repel the little girl attacking using her shield.

-This is another evidence that your skill works out "Perfectly." Even with an enormous difference in strength, you could push her back with an attack infused with divine power. (Hale)

Hale claps her hand and says.

-That is why I told you that skills have potential. Because it's no different for our skills. (Hale)

-Your skill? (Hale)

Right, the conquer skill can control that little girl's tentacle.

-Right! Regardless of the opponent, our skills could execute their effect perfectly. (Hale)

Hale closes her eyes and says in a solemn voice.

-But nothing comes without a price... Our skill gives us a terrible drawback when we want to use it in full potential. That's why four of us seal most of their function and use only a portion of their true power. (Hale)

Hale opens her eyes again.

-Then, we basically borrowed from that meteorite, right? (Farah)

-That's right. (Hale)

-Do you know about its origin then, Hale? (Farah)

-I have some hints about it. But I couldn't tell you now. (Hale)

-Ehhhh, why? (Farah)

I raise both my hands to show my protest against Hale's decision.

-It's still too soon for you to know, Farah. (Hale)

I pout at Hale's answer.

-Moh, you and Hana always say the same thing when you guys try to keep secret from me. (Farah)

-Ahahaha! (Hale)
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Hale's POV

After sending Farah back to reality, I walk over to the three cocoons inside the black space.

-It's me all alone again... (Hale)

I stare at the cocoon.

-Hmmm... (Hale)

Something like the black thread that comes out from the top of each cocoon. All the black threads are pointing in the same direction. At the same time, invisible energy comes from that direction and goes inside the cocoon through the black threads.

-If Farah paid more attention to this, she could get some hint about the origin of our power. (Hale)

 

Thanks for reading OwO

15