Chapter 349: A World Where Her Smile Existed-1
276 2 12
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Farah's POV

The moment the light died down, my entire surroundings have changed.

-Huh? (Farah)

The forest is no longer what it looked like a few moments ago. I look down and try to check my body.

-There are no wounds...I am completely normal, aside from the tattered clothes. (Farah)

I feel a little weak physically than usual. But overall, there is not much change on the outside. Meanwhile, I can hear the sound of birds from the nearby trees.

-This is just an ordinary forest. (Farah)

>Your familiars are forcibly returned to the crest.

-Urgh... (Farah)

I can feel the pain in my tattoo's hand. However, it quickly dies down after a few seconds.

-Are you alright? (???)

-Huh? (Farah)

Suddenly, I could hear a voice inside my head. The voice seems to belong to a middle-aged man.

-I'm over here, little girl! (Middle-aged Man)

This time, I could hear the voice from behind me. I turned around and found a middle-aged man standing there. He laughs while walking toward me.

-Is this the first time you are here? The voice in your head just now is my village's speciality. (Middle-aged Man)

-Ehhh? Ah...? (Farah)

-Are you alright? Are you lost or....? (Middle-aged Man)

The man puts his hand on his chin and looks at me.

-Did you just recover from the virus? (Middle-aged Man)

The man puts his hands on his hips and laughs out loud.

-The magic of the saint works so well. (Middle-aged Man)

-Saint? (Farah)

What is he talking about?

-Hmmm... (Middle-aged Man)

He reaches out and pats my head.

-Don't worry about that, little girl. Just follow me and get back to our village. (Middle-aged Man)

-Oh...Okay. (Farah)

I have no choice but to follow the man in front of me. I hope I will collect more information while following him.

-What should I call you, little girl? (Middle-aged Man)

-You can call me...Farah. (Farah)

-Ahahah, Farah. That's a good name. (Middle-aged Man)

The man takes a glance at me and says.

-It's not the first time I found a victim like you, Farah. With the newly developed magic of the current saint, many people successfully return to ordinary humans. (Middle-aged Man)

Is that even possible? Even Hana has no way of turning them back to humans.

-Urghh... (Farah)

I feel a little tired because of walking for a few metres.

-Huhm? Are you tired, Farah? (Middle-aged Man)

I shyly answer the man.

-Yes...I'm sorry. (Farah)

-No! No! That's fine. (Middle-aged Man)

That's right, I become much weaker because of the new curse. Let's open the status screen and have a check a little.

STG: 1 (45)
CON: ∞
DEX: 1 (40)
INT: 350
CHA: ∞
LUK: 1112
DIV: -10
FOB: 40
Curse: Weak Body.

Huh? Is my DIV supposed to be at least -400? How could they be -10 like now?

-Farah! (Middle-aged Man)

-Ah, I'm sorry for losing in thought. (Farah)

-Ahahah, you don't have to say sorry all the time. (Middle-aged Man)

The man sits down and shows his back to me.

-Just get on, girl! (Middle-aged Man)

-But... (Farah)

-Don't worry! You are too small, so it wouldn't make any difference. (Middle-aged Man)

-Urhgm... (Farah)

I reluctantly let the man carry me on his back since I don't have enough strength to walk now. While I'm on his back, the man speaks to me.

-This reminds me of my daughter. She used to let me carry like this when she was young. But now she refused to let me do it all the time. (Middle-aged Man)

-Is that so...? (Farah)

-Yeah, she is too cute! She has become an excellent mage and studies abroad in the neighbouring country. She just got back home for her vacation. We would be able to see her soon! (Middle-aged Man)

-Ohhhhh! (Farah)

Mage school? Would she study in the same as my school, then?

-Mah, If she didn't have that disease, I would have the grandchildren by now. (Middle-aged Man)

He looks down and says with a sad face.

-It's too bad even the saint couldn't cure it... (Middle-aged Man)

I worriedly ask him about that disease.

-What is that disease about, mister? (Farah)

-Well...At first, my dear daughter became void of emotions when she was born. It was not until 5 years old for her to be able to express her emotions like other children. (Middle-aged Man)

The man rubs his nose and continues.

-It also made my daughter stop growing after she reached 8 years old. And... (Middle-aged Man)

Before he could have finished the sentence, a sight of a village came into my view.

-Oh, we are here! (Middle-aged Man)

The village in front of me is lively.

-Huh? (Farah)

I can see the few soldiers and priests standing at the village's entrance. But their coat of arms on their armour look a bit weird. When I try to examine it, the soldier calls out to us.

-Did you just find another victim, head villager? (Soldier)

-Right! It's all thanks to the saints that I could save many people. (Middle-aged Man)

-But head villager... (Soldier)

The soldier grabbed the man's shoulder and complained.

-But you should stop hoarding all these works. Otherwise, your daughter would be angry at us again. (Soldier)

-Ahahah, she is such a worrywart.  (Middle-aged Man)

-Well... (Soldier)

-FATHERRR! (???)

An angry girl's voice suddenly interrupts their conversation. I turn to the voice direction and find...

-Ehhh? (Farah)

It's a little girl with black hair and red eyes. She looks so familiar to a person I knew. She also has something that looks like a birthmark on her cheek.

-You are hoarding all the works again! (???)

She approaches the man and angrily hits the man's leg.

-Aiii! Aiii! Please forgive your father, Ahma. (Ahma's Father)

Did I hear it wrong? The man called her...Ahma?

-I... (Farah)

-Moh, you overwork yourself again...(???)

Ahma looks up and finds me on her father's back.

-Junior!!?? You are here, too? (Ahma)

When Ahma called me her junior, some unfamiliar memories suddenly flooded into my head.

-... (Farah)

-Oh, did you know her, Ahma? (Ahma's Father)

Ahma smiles and replies to her father.

-There is no way I couldn't know her, father. She is my cute junior in the school. And she is the famous mascot in the school? (Ahma)

Ahma looks in my direction and asks me. Ahma blinks her eye at me.

-Right, Junior? (Ahma)

-Aha... (Farah)

That's mean...I succeed...

-Jun... (Ahma)

The tears start coming out of my eyes.

-Little girl!? (Ahma's Father)

-Why are you crying, Junior? (Ahma)

 

Thanks for reading OwO

The next few chappies will explain the rest of the mystery. Ahma's arc is going to end soon UwU.

The next arc will be back to Yua/Half-elf knight leader X Sora/Aya's sister and our cute Farah.

12