Chapter 352: The Strength To Move Forward
269 6 14
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Farah's POV

I turn to Ahma and ask her in a shaking voice.

-Is it really you? (Farah)

An awkward smile formed on Ahma's face as I asked her. She closes her eyes and says with a clear voice.

-It's me...the necromancer in the previous life, Farah... (Ahma)

Ahma shows me her palm.

-I will show you since I can only do this on the full moon. (Ahma)

The dark haze comes out of her hand and reaches out to the surrounding. Some skeletons raise up from the ground and move like a human.

-Urgh... (Ahma)

For some reason, Ahma blocks her hand and cancels her magic. The skeletons look like puppets losing their strings and falling to the ground.

-I'm sorry... (Ahma)

Ahma goes to the nearby tree and vomits.

-Are you alright, Ahma? (Farah)

Ahma waves her hand at me to signal me not to come close to her. It takes a while for Ahma to finish and approach me again.

-I'm sorry to let you witness that, Farah. (Ahma)

-Nooo... (Farah)

Ahma looks at her hand, which is currently shaking non-stop.

-I don't know why...But this happened every time I tried using those magic again. (Ahma)

-... (Farah)

This...This kind of reaction is a little familiar to me. A person I knew also reacted like this in the shelter that I stayed in the past.

-And what happened to you at night, Ahma? (Farah)

-Eh? How do you know? (Ahma)

-Your father told me... (Farah)

Ahma scratches her head and sighs.

-I guess I can hide you after all... (Ahma)

-... (Farah)

-I met nightmare every night since I parted away from you. (Ahma)

Ahma clenches her shaking her hand, and tries to calm herself down.

-I couldn't remember the content of the nightmare. But I... (Ahma)

Ahma's face darkens, and she looks down to the ground.

-I am scared of it. It must be something scary. Something that I want to forget. (Ahma)

I grab Ahma's hand and mutter to her with a small voice.

-It's my fault... (Farah)

Ahma shakes her head and denies that.

-It's not your fault at all, Farah. It's all thanks to you that I can have this second chance. (Ahma)

Ahma looks at the moon and says in a solemn voice.

-This time, I can laugh and stand by my parents' side. I can feel their warmth and their love for me one more time. (Ahma)

Ahma smiles and looks at me.

-And I get to know the warmth of everyone else. It's like what you said, Farah. (Ahma)

Ahma puts her hand on her chest and tells me her story.

-When I first came back, I couldn't manage my emotion properly. I didn't know how to laugh or cry like an ordinary kid at that time. I thought others would look at me with spiteful eyes. (Ahma)

-I... (Farah)

-But the reality was different...My parents encourage me with a warm voice, despite my situation. The villagers always support me and encourage their kids to play with me. (Ahma)

-Ahma... (Farah)

-Slowly...I am able to regain my long-lost emotion. One by one... (Ahma)

Ahma's eyes become a little teary.

-With everyone's kindness, I have the chance to become human again. That's more than enough to me, Farah... (Ahma)

-...(Farah)

-I once wish to forget those memories. What if I could live normally without those unnecessary memories? I may not get those nightmares, too. (Ahma)

Ahma looks down and shakes her head.

-Those nightmares are fittest for a sinner like me. Even if I have started a new life, I can't change what I have done in the past. Those are things that I can't escape from... (Ahma)

So, Ahma must have reprimanded herself for what she did in the past.

-...Ahma. (Farah)

I reach out and wrap my hand around her body.

-Farah...? (Ahma)

Ahma is running away from the other "her." Ahma couldn't stand the fact she was so cruel in the past. It turned into trauma and ate her slowly from the inside.

-It has been a hard time for you... (Farah)

This trauma couldn't be solved in one or two days. And Ahma has no way but to solve this by herself.

-Ahma...? (Farah)

-Yes? (Ahma)

-I know this will be useless advice. But...don't run away from your past, Ahma. (Farah)

-I... (Ahma)

The reason that Ahma was in the little girl maybe not be the work of my power. It might happen because of Ahma herself. She must hate the other-self to stop herself from growing.

-Please accept who you were, Ahma. Otherwise, you couldn't move forward. (Farah)

Ahma looks down and answers me.

-I don't know... (Ahma)

Right, Ahma is not ready for it.

-I don't force you to do right at this moment, Ahma. But please think about it carefully... (Farah)

Ahma weakly nods and answers me.

-If you say so, then I will... (Ahma)

-Even when you witnessed the other me, you still care so much about me... (Farah)

I smile at Ahma and tell her a joke.

-Since you become a part of my life, I won't let you get away from me that easily. I have told you already, right? Believe in me, and I will save you. (Farah)

Ahma can't help but laugh at that joke.

-You are truly a cute idiot, Farah. (Ahma)

I made a proud face as I heard her teasing.

-Ahhaha! (Ahma)

Both of us turn to the moon and stare at it.

-All I have done so far is an act of redemption for what I have done, Farah. (Ahma)

-Is it your way of asking for forgiveness? (Farah)

-Maybe yeah... (Ahma)

-It's not totally wrong, Ahma. But what did you feel after helping those people? (Farah)

-My feeling? (Ahma)

-Did you feel happy? (Farah)

-Happy?! (Ahma)

-Yes, it blooms on your face when you help the other clean the garden or protect the civilians from the criminal. (Farah)

Those were things that Ahma, inside my memories, did all the time. She is an active and positive girl who always tries to help everyone else.

-You always had a smile on your face when you did a good deed. Were those smiles fake? (Farah)

-I... (Ahma)

-You had changed when I compared you with that version in that world, Ahma. You have done so well so far, Ahma. (Farah)

Ahma could no longer hold back her tears and started crying. I hugged Ahma while patting her back.

-Well done, Ahma... (Farah)

Ahma keeps crying for a while until she falls asleep. I sit down on the tree nearby and let her sleep on my lap.

-Hah~ (Farah)

I look at Ahma, then turn to the moon.

-Good night, Ahma. (Farah)

That night, Ahma had a peaceful sleep in my arm. And she has a bright smile while sleeping.

 

Thanks for reading OwO

14