Chapter 385: The Trip To Find The Non-Existent Ending-3
205 3 13
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Farah's POV

There is no way a temple appears in this place for no reason. I decide to go inside with Hale in the meantime.

-This temple doesn't have many things inside... (Farah)

Surprisingly, the temple looks pretty clean, despite its lack of furniture. We go around the temple and find a broom was put nicely in the temple's corner.

-It looks like someone had cleaned this temple recently. (Hale)

-Right... (Farah)

There is only a sole building lying in the middle of the temple. But I could feel the ominous aura clearer as we came closer to the building.

-Farah, you should stand outside. Let me... (Hale)

I try to refuse Hale's offer.

-No, It's dangerous for you to go inside alone. Let's me go with you. (Farah)

-Farah... (Hale)

Hale puts me down and shakes her head.

-I can't let you do that, Farah. The current me is just a clone. So there is no problem even if this body of mine was destroyed. (Hale)

Hale points at me and continues.

-But it's different for you, Farah. (Hale)

-... (Farah)

Hale's words sound very logical. However, I don't really want to let her go alone.

-Don't worry. I will be back soon. (Hale)

Hale pats my head and says to me.

-Be a good girl and wait here... (Hale)

I nod weakly and wait outside of the temple.

-I hope nothing bad will happen to Hale. (Farah)

After a while, I can feel the aura inside the building become incredible chaotic.

-Hale! (Farah)

I hurriedly run inside the building to check up on Hale's situation.

-Are you alright, Hale? (Farah)

I find Hale is trying to pull a dark sword out of the ground.

-Urgh... (Hale)

-Hale! (Farah)

I run to Hale's side and reach out to her body.

-Graghh! (Farah)

The moment I touched Hale's body, weird energy also started pouring inside my body. I try to resist that energy by using mana.

-Conquer! (Hale)

Hale shouts out and releases the dark energy from her hand. As the two forces contact each other, it creates a terrible explosion and pushes us to the temple's entrance.

-Arghh! (Farah)

In mid-air, Hale grabbed my hand and pulled me to her side.

-Hold me tightly, Farah. (Hale)

I understand Hale's intention and tighten my hug.

-Conquer! (Hale)

Hale releases the dark energy, and this time her target is the ground where we will land.

-Hale! (Farah)

Unlike what I imagined, the ground we fell to is really soft. It's like this is made off pudding instead normal earth.

-Hah, it's dangerous. (Hale)

Hale gives out a sigh and turns to me.

-That thing was more dangerous than I thought, Farah. (Hale)

I turn in the direction of the building and talk to myself.

-That sword probably be the source of the weird aura that we felt... (Hale)

I turn to Hale and ask.

-Why did you try to pull that sword out, Hale? (Farah)

Hale's face darkened as she tried to answer me.

-I don't remember clearly... (Hale)

-What do you mean by that? (Farah)

Hale shakes her head and tells me what happened inside.

-The moment I stepped inside, I could no longer control my body. It's not until you help me that I will completely lose my mind. (Hale)

I frown at what Hale just said.

-If I'm not wrong, that sword can make unstoppable madness to the user. But how can that sword affect my mind when it doesn't have divine power. (Hale)

Hale grasps her hand and stares at the building intensely.

-... (Farah)

-Conquer! (Hale)

Terrible energy comes out from Hale's body and envelopes the entire temple. Some violent shock wave comes from inside the temple. But Hale easily restrained it with her power.

-It's useless struggling. (Hale)

It takes a while for the temple's interior to calm down.

-It will take care of the sword, for now, Farah. (Hale)

Hale takes me inside to see the sword again. This time, I have a better chance to look at the sword.

-A long sword, huh? (Hale)

Hale stares at dark the sword that was pierced on the ground. There is dark mist surrounding it.

-I can't complete dominating this sword. Those mist only acts as a medium to restrain its energy. (Hale)

-Will this mist last for a long time, Hale? (Farah)

-It won't last for a long time unless I supply its energy continuously. And if I'm too far from it, the mist also loses its effectiveness. (Hale)

Hale reaches out and pulls the sword out of the ground.

-This must be the missing piece in our puzzle. Let's go, Farah. (Hale)

We brought the sword with us and arrived at the hut again. Hale places the sword next to the little girl and tells me to touch her again.

-I wonder what would happen this time... (Hale)

Hale turns to me and says.

-I don't think this will end well, Farah. (Hale)

This thing can even make Hale lose her sanity. I don't know if this sword would affect the little girl. And the restraint of the sword may disappear because the time in this world was sped up.

-Let's experiment for now. At least, it would give us some hint even if it failed. (Hale)

 

 

I scraped off the other chappy that I was supposed to post since I think it went in a little wrong direction. I need to fix it a little more before I can post it

Thanks for reading OwO

13