Chapter 394: 1000 Versus 1
229 3 10
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Farah's POV

We follow the girl and head toward the fortress. We easily passed through the city's entrance since there was no one to guard the city's entrance.

-Why haven't we seen anyone since we appeared here, Hale? (Farah)

I try releasing the mana wave to check up on the surroundings, but I still find nothing. I couldn't detect any life signal within the city.

-We should go head inside first, Farah. (Hale)

I nod and follow and head deep inside the city.

-This is... (Farah)

I can't really say the city was abandoned. Because I could still see the hints of people who used to live here.

-... (Farah)

When we searched around a few houses inside the city, I noticed the sign of many half-eaten meals. It's like the owner left right before they could finish it.

-It's not just one or two houses, but most of the houses we searched all had the sign of activity abruptly stopped. (Hale)

This means the enemy had launched a surprise attack on them.

-But there is no sign of fighting around the city. That means the opponent is strong and didn't allow these people to defend themselves. (Hale)

-A skill that can be cast quickly with this lethality. Not to mention its wide range since it can affect the entire city. (Farah)

Hale suddenly stops her track while we are checking on the other house.

-There is a fluctuation of the mana in the middle of the city. (Hale)

Hale looks annoyed and curses out loud.

-That idiot is going to do something. (Hale)

Hale picks me up and rushes toward the centre of the city. We find the figure of the girl.

-She broke the restrain on her own, Huh? (Hale)

The dark green energy comes out from the girl and affects the surrounding. Every time it comes out of the girl's body, it will create a wave and blow away the surroundings.

-Give them backkkkk! They are mineeeeee!

The girl glares in one direction and flies toward it.

-This will be troublesome... (Hale)

The dark energy immediately wraps around us...

-You can't escape from me. (Hale)

Hale closes her eyes for a while and stands still.

-What are we waiting for, Hale? (Farah)

-... (Hale)

I have no choice but to stare at Hale while being held by her. It takes a while for Hale to open her eyes again.

-She has arrived... (Hale)

I can feel the dark energy around us suddenly become denser. When the dark energy disappeared, we had already appeared in another place.

-This is... (Farah)

At the same time, I can hear fighting sounds coming from nearby. The girl is using her bare hand to fight a group of monsters.

-Another weird kind of monster appears again. (Farah)

The monster the girl is fighting against has a body that looks like an ordinary human, but it doesn't have eyes or a nose on its body.

-And there are too many of them... (Farah)

More than thousands of those monsters surround the girl and attack her. The girl still handles them easily and crushes those monsters with pure strength.

-But they don't show any sign of decrease. There are just too many of them... (Farah)

And for some reason, those monsters don't pay attention to us.

-Let's watch and see for now. (Hale)

I nod and turn my attention to the little girl again.

-Hmmm... (Farah)

For some reason, I feel something is wrong with the little girl's current situation. I am not talking about the weird energy that she uses, but the tide of the battle.

The monsters surround the girl and form a formation. Every time a monster gets blasted away, another one will jump in and try to hold off the girl.

-Huh! (Farah)

I also find the monsters that stand on the back arrow pull a bow and arrows out.

-Where are those weapons come from? (Farah)

Even the monsters in the front row take lance and sword out of nowhere. They wield the weapons and start a counter-attack against the girl.

-Even though their attack is monotone, it looks really repertoires. (Farah)

They also enhance their weapon with mana and use them to attack the girl. Under the sea of monsters acting like this, the girl has no choice but to retreat.

-They must have someone command them so they can attack like this. (Hale)

It doesn't take long for the girl to lose to the sea-tactic.

-Hale... (Farah)

Hale nods and rushes toward the girl to pick her up. Our sudden chance in the course of action alarms the nearby monsters, and they change their target to us.

-Hold tight, Farah... (Hale)

-Hold them back! (???)

A familiar voice comes from behind my back. I reflexively turn back and find a familiar person standing in the middle of the monster's sea.

 

When I wrote in the middle of this chapter yesterday, I fell asleep TvT

When I woke and it was almost late for work, urgh. Not to mention OT today too, but I luckily to finish this chappy.

Thanks for reading 

    ᐢ⑅ᐢ
꒰ ˶• ༝ •˶꒱
./づ~ ♡

10