Chapter 395: Interlude 131/ A Fake Reason To Exist
178 1 10
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

???'s POV

I killed everyone inside the village, including my mother. I will never forget that incident...

-Hahhh! Hahhh!

I wake up and find myself staying inside an empty room. The usual twin swords are right beside me.

-That was just a dream...

I reach out to the two swords and hang them around the sheaths on my hip.

-Let's go...

I go out of the room and leave the basement. I rent this place at a cheap price.

-This is all I need...

The moment I leave the basement, I can see the usual lively city in front of me.

-...

I grab my swords tightly as I see this scene.

-I will continue to protect this.

Before I head to the workplace, I drop by the usual shop.

-Miss, you are here again.

-Apple...

The shopkeeper laughs and takes an apple from the shelf.

-As usual...

He throws the apple and lets me catch it.

-And the money...

-No need! The charge is on our house.

-But...

-Hear me first...We all know you are the most active soldier that actively protects our city.

The man picks two more apples and gives them to me.

-It's alright for me to give you a few apples.

-...

-Do you want something else, miss? I don't understand why you can hold just by eating apples every day.

-I'm fine...

-How about...

I shake my head and leave before the shopkeeper can finish his sentence.

-This girl...Why does she be hard on herself?

-...

It takes me a while to arrive at the guard station. The moment the other soldiers see me, they click their tongues and say with a scorn voice...

-Head in! The leader is waiting for you.

I ignore them and pass through the door. The soldiers chatter as soon as I disappear from their sight.

-Is that girl one disciple of the sword saint?

-Yeah...The rumour said she was the one who killed the sword saint.

-No way...How could she kill her own master?

-Hey! I even heard some other rumours about her. Some said she even killed all the people inside her village. She even killed her mother with her own hands.

-Woah, so ruthless.

-We need to take a distance from her...

I quickly arrive at the leader's room. I knock on the door and wait for a reply.

-Come in!

I step inside and find an enormous man sitting inside. He seems to do his paperwork.

-Code 000 here...

The leader glances at me and then returns to his work. I have no choice but to stand still until further instruction. After 30 minutes, the leader turns his attention to me.

-"Subject" is sighted on the north side of the city. Get rid of it.

-...

I nod and leave the room. Before I go outside, I can hear the leader's sneer.

-What is the purpose of the headquarters sending her here? A sharp blade-like her is unnecessary in this area. Not to mention, she is a crazy one on top of that.

I don't really feel anything as I overhear that statement. It's not the first time I was belittled like that.

-All I need is just to protect the citizen...As redemption for what I have done.

If I fail to do that, the monster inside me will break free again.

 

 

Thanks for reading  ଘ(੭*ˊᵕˋ)੭* ੈ♡‧₊˚

And good night, I am too tired since I have OT today ( 。 •̀ ᴖ •́ 。)

10