Chapter 396: Change Of The Plan
185 1 10
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

???'s POV

How can I live with nothing to protect? How can I redeem everything that I have done in the past?

The moment everything that I was supposed to protect suddenly disappears, something inside me has broken. I find the nearest camp of those who used divine power. They must be the ones responsible for the city's disappearance.

-I must kill and destroy them...

I rush to their camp and kill everything in front of me. Kill...Kill...Kill...

-Arghh...

But their number doesn't show any sign of declining. At the rate of consuming my power like this, that sword will soon control me.

-Arghhh...

At this moment, I seem to calm down and realize my current situation. If I keep going on berserk like this and lose my mind. The tragedy in the village and the capital city will reoccur one more time.

-I...

While I am cutting off these monsters, I feel like their skill in handling weapons progress at an incredible rate. They surround me in a big circle and are ready to attack me every time I make a mistake.

-Get out!!!

I have no choice but to absorb more energy from that sword. My body is full of power again.

-Dieeeee!

I release the energy and create an energy wave to blast away all the nearby enemies. But those monsters quickly regain their formation and surround me again.

I breathe hard as I witness the current situation.

-Two more shots are my limit...

If I try to make my third shot with the sword's energy, I think I will lose my own sanity. At the same time, a red light comes from afar and wraps around all these monsters.

-What?

Before I can understand the situation, all these monsters have already made their next move.

-Get...

I absorb the energy from the sword one more time...

-Urgh...!

Before I can swing my sword, both of my arms become incredibly heavy. I look down and find some monster of small size had already locked my arms tightly.

-You...

I try to throw them away, but they don't look like they will out anytime.

-Moveeee!

Even though I am slowly pushed back by them, I never thought I would lose them in the battle of pure strength. This must happen because of the abnormal red beam.

-You guys...

Before I can finish my sentence, those monsters suddenly explode. I hurried to draw more power from the sword to protect myself.

-Garghhh!

The monster also seizes this chance and launches a sneak attack on me. They fire many arrows, imbued with mana from the back line, and one of them successfully pierced through my shoulder.

Blood keeps coming out of the wounds with terrible pain. To escape this desperate situation, I have no choice but to draw the energy from the sword one more time to blast them away.

-No way...

However, those monsters don't show any sign of bulging in front of my attack. The red light seems to increase their defence by several folds.

-Ha...Ha...

I tire and fall on my knee.

-I will lose consciousness soon...

Should I draw more power from the sword?

-No...

At least I will die as a human at this rate rather than being a monster that destroys the nearby city.

-Just kill me...

"Vrummmm" A cyclone of light sweeps through all the monsters and blasts them away.

-Huh?

A little girl with a colourful dress flies toward me at an insane speed.

-You...?

-I will explain later! (Farah)

She catches me and decides to fly out of the camp immediately. By looking through the should of this little girl, I can see a wave of dark energy burst out behind her.


Farah's POV

I successfully rescue the girl from the horde of monsters. In the meantime, Hale has the mission to keep their leader behind.

-But that voice... (Farah)

That voice seems really familiar to me. But since the leader stood and looked at the battlefield from afar, I had no chance to see their appearance.

-Hale is different!  (Farah)

Hale actively engages in the fight with their leader. There is a high chance Hale will be able to see the leader's face.

-But I wish it won't be the one I think of. (Farah)

If it was the truth, this trial would be several more complicated. I remembered the soldier I met before going inside the first stage.

-If everyone at the camp was sucked into this dungeon, it would be my fault. (Farah)

Once again, we arrived at an empty place far from the monster's camp. It takes a while for Hale to appear by my side through her teleport skill. She has a serious face when she reports the news to me.

-Their leader is Sora! (Hale)

 

Thanks for reading    
꒰ ˶• ༝ •˶꒱
./づ~ ♡

10