Chapter 418: Interlude 141/ Betrayal
182 1 8
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

After successfully saving the wild girl from one of the revolutionary's bosses, Theresa once again returns to her hideout.

-Are you alright with going with us? (Theresa)

The kidnapped girl mutters in a small voice to answer Theresa. She is the victim who is almost becoming the plaything of a goddess.

-I have nowhere to go...If I return to the restaurant, everyone will have trouble because of me.

Elana follows silently behind the two and listens to their conversation.

-But our place is pretty dangerous for an ordinary girl like you. (Theresa)

The girl shakes her hand and raises up one of her hands. She tries to show her non-existent muscle to Theresa.

-I can be pretty strong by myself. At least I can protect myself and run away.

Then she gives Theresa a depressed look.

-Please...I don't want to fall into that man's hand again.

This time, Elana voices up and interrupts their conversation.

-Our church won't be able to hold much longer if you keep adding more people, sister Theresa. (Elana)

Theresa shrugs helplessly and answers back.

-But we can't leave people in need, Elana. (Theresa)

-I know about that... (Theresa)

Theresa sighs and tries to reassure Elana.

-Your brother would send us enough funds to continue our activity, Elana. (Theresa)

-... (Elana)

Elana knew that already, but she still voiced her opinion. For her, it's better to concentrate on finding Tina rather than saving people.

-Are you fine with just that, Elana? Would Tina be disappointed if she found out you gave up on others just to find her? (Theresa)

-I'm ok with that, though. It's enough to save people like her from danger and let them survive by their strength. (Elana)

-...Haiz. (Theresa)

The girl steps aside since she knows the current mood results from her appearance.

-I...

-You don't need to care about her...She just missed her little sister a bit too much. (Theresa)

The girl immediately seizes this chance to continue the conversation.

-I know that feeling since I also have a brother. I have to go to the city, so I can send the money back to my family.

-You also got it tough, hah... (Theresa)

The two continue having a lively chat for a while. And Elana, Theresa and the girl eventually reach the neighbourhood city.

After they pass through the guard smoothly, they arrive at a small church inside the city.

-Is this it...? 

The girl looks at the church in front of her and finds something wrong with it. It's too small and can't contain too many people like what she heard in the conversation.

-Are you sure that you are not lying to me?

-Just come in first, and then you will know... (Theresa)

Theresa reaches out to the door and tries to unlock it.

-Huh? v(Theresa)

-What's wrong, sister Theresa? (Elana)

-The door has already been unlocked... (Theresa)

-This... (Elana)

Elana becomes cautious and kicks the door open. She looks inside and finds the door leading to the secret passage next to the goddess statue.

-They have found it... (Elana)

-Ehhh? Ehhh? What's the problem, you two?

-We don't have time... (Theresa)

Before Theresa can end her sentence, she feels like something pierced her stomach.

-Arghhh! (Theresa)

-Sister Theresa! (Elana)

Elana turns around and finds the culprit just attacked Theresa.

-Youuuuu! (Elana)

It's no one but the girl that they had just saved who suddenly attacked Theresa out of nowhere. Elana takes out the gun and points it at her.

-Dieeee! (Elana)

She shoots at the girl until she empties all of her magazines.

-Huh... (Elana)

But something that looked like a barrier protected her from her attack.

-What...? (Elana)

Now, Elana pays attention to the current state of the girl. There is only white in her eyes while something like a dark spirit comes out of her mouth.

-What the hell are you...? (Elana)

-You don't need to know because you guys will die soon...~

The girl turns her attention to the passage with a cheerful voice.

-Then I will enjoy a happy feast down there~

-You... (Elana)

While the girl didn't pay attention to her, Elana had already finished reloading the magazine and took out a smoke bomb.

-Huhmmm! (Elana)

Elana threw the smoke bomb at the ground and tried to escape with the wounded Theresa.

-Hide and seek, I love this game~

Elana didn't know that the moment the girl found the passage, she had already created a barrier surrounding the church.

 

Thanks for reading OwO

8