Chapter 419: To Survive
138 1 7
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Farah's POV

I can't help but decide to enter the church along with Kagehina. However, when I touch the church's door, I immediately feel a strange sensation on the door. I can't move the door in front of me at all...It's like I am touching a hard wall.

-A barrier, huh? (Farah)

It's not a too complicated barrier since I can unlock it after a while.

-Sorry for the intrusion! (Farah)

Unlike last time, I can easily open the door this time.

-I wonder what is inside? (Farah)

I take out the nanomachine I store in my body and command them to turn into flies.

-Please explore the inside for me... (Farah)

Those flies motionless fly through the slit in front of them and reach inside. After a while, the flies return safely and transmit what they saw into my brain.

-An ordinary church? (Farah)

It's so weird that I find anything from a statue of a goddess and a few chairs. I have no choice but to walk inside by myself and check the situation with Kagehina.

We search throughout the church and hope I can find the trace of the people I detected.

-Master? (Kagehina)

-Yes? (Farah)

-It's over here. (Kagehina)

Kagehina calls out to me and points at the place under the goddess statue.

-Sorry for this... (Farah)

I use the magic to move the statue out of the way. I eventually find a door leading down under the statue.

-They probably stay down there. Let's check on those people, Kagehina. (Farah)

Kagehina nods and moves along with me. Following the stair lead downside, we find a basement underground.

The basement is not built cheaply like the church, but a high-tech shelter that looks almost like Hana's spaceship.

-Woah... (Farah)

We open the first door and find it leading to a room full of wounded people.

-Master... (Kagehina)

I darken as I see the people in front of me. They all have a symptom like the people I just saved recently.

-Radiation symptoms...? (Farah)

But it doesn't look like those people are used for the experiment since I can bandage cover them neatly. If those maniacs want to stop them from escaping, they won't let them free like this.

-Let's me check up on them. (Farah)

Since most of them are in pain and groan...I don't think I will not get any meaningful information from them anyway.

-Sister, are you here again?

A patient suddenly calls out to me.

-Yes? (Farah)

He coughs like crazy when he wants to say the next sentence. I arrive by his side and try to pat his back.

-Sister...? Who are you guys?

I immediately try to make up a situation inside my head.

-I am the doctor that sister hired! (Farah)

-Are you too small for a doctor?

-... (Farah)

-Just believe in what the master said. (Kagehina)

-And who are you? (Farah)

-Master's assistant? (Kagehina)

The man has a pokan face as he hears my explanation.

-Well, I am going to die, anyway.

He doesn't seem to believe me at all.

-I am not lying, though... (Farah)

I smile at him and start treating the man.

-Huh?

After a minute, the man stands up and moves around as if he is perfectly normal.

-What??

He turns to me and bows down at me.

-I am sorry for all my rudeness...But please, save other people too!

-It's what I plan to do... (Farah)

The man looks at the teary eyes while holding my hand.

-Thank you...

It doesn't take long for me to heal everyone in the basement. I eventually learnt about the man's identity.

-So you used to be a commander? (Farah)

-Yes, but not anymore...That bombing kills all of the people in my squad.

-Do you hate them? (Farah)

-You mean the revolution?

-Yes... (Farah)

The man looks down and says with an exhausted voice.

-It's impossible to say that I don't have a grudge against them.

-Then...? (Farah)

-Will I take revenge? You mean?

-Yes...? (Farah)

-I won't!

-Eh?  (Farah)

The man scratches his head and says.

-Looks at your expression. I can guess you are not from this planet.

-What do you mean by that? (Farah)

-Because if you have that kind of healing magic and are born on this planet. You will never use it to save us.

-... (Farah)

-Even when I am a citizen of this planet, I can agree with the revolutionary one fact their treatment is so terrible.

-This... (Farah)

-The discrimination is the thing that fuels this war. I must admit, it's a mistake coming from our side.

The man grasps his hand and continues.

-It doesn't mean that I agree with their action.

He points at himself and roars.

-It's fine for them to kill us. But to slaughter every single innocent life is far too cruel.

I nod as I hear the man's statement.

-Let... (Farah)

-Master? (Kagehina)

-Yes? (Farah)

-I can smell something familiar coming from the surface. (Kagehina)

 

Thanks for reading OwO

7