Chapter 425: Are You Really Tia?
175 0 7
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Farah's POV

The blond sister turns to me and asks.

-How can I thank you?

I awkwardly shake my head.

-It's nature to help the people in need. You don't need to repay me by any means. (Farah)

The sister holds her head as she has a headache.

-Little girl.

-Yes? (Farah)

-I know that it's your choice to do a good deed. But it's not a good idea to do it for free.

-Yes? What do you mean by that? (Farah)

-It's easy. I will give you an example. If you help someone without asking back today, those people will tell their friends about that.

The sister points at me and asks in a gentle voice.

-What do you think will happen after that?

-... (Farah)

-They will become more and more dependent on you.

The light inside the sister's eyes dies down.

-They will demand you to help them when they need. It will eventually become more frequent until those people can't live without your help.

-That... (Farah)

-Do you think that will be a good thing?

-I don't...? (Farah)

-The trust you build up like that can easily be broken. Once you fail to save one of those people, they will put all the blame on you.

The sister takes out a liquid bottle and gives it to me.

-This elixir can temporarily enhance your mana for a short time. Please take it as a reward for your healing. And please remember my advice...Do not try to be a hero.

The sister reaches out to pat my head.

-I don't want to see that repeat again.

As I listen to the sister's advice, I nod since she just wants the best for me. After I receive the elixir, I resume the tour around the basement. But I still don't find anyone else on the above floor. I also can't even find Kagehina.

-Where could she go? (Farah)

I can only find the squad of maids guarding outside of the church. They look shy as they can't protect me in the last battle. It's not their fault since the barrier appeared too suddenly.

-But where was the girl I defeated? (Farah)

One of the maids steps up and speaks to me.

-We got the sister's permission and took her back to our base, master.

-Eh, why? (Farah)

Another maid steps up and answers my question.

-We find very familiar energy coming from the little girl. Based on the database, this kind of energy once appeared in the past. The head maid was the one who registered this data after she came back from back to save you, master.

-Is that so...? (Farah)

Then the girl who just met was a pawn...

-There is only a goddess who comes to my mind when I think about the possessed girl.

A very dominant ancient goddess I encountered in the past.

-She would be a tough enemy in my current state. (Farah)

When I have no more things to check, I go back to my room and get some rest. The last fight still put a torn on my body and soul. I think I need one more day to heal completely.

On the following morning, I get up and try to depart from the church. However, I meet an unexpected person before my departure. A beautiful girl with platinum hair stands at the church's entrance.

-Oh, is it you? The one who treated me.

-Sister Theresa... (Farah)

-Eh, you have also known my name. That girl must have told you my name.

I shake my head and reply to sister Theresa.

-It's not it, sister. (Farah)

-Yes...

I scratch my head and say in a small voice.

-It's me...Tia. (Farah)

-Ehh...

When I finished that statement, sister Theresa looked at me with a surprised face.

-What...? I can't hear you...

Sister Theresa rushes toward my place and holds my shoulder.

-Are you telling the truth?

-Yes-s???! (Farah)

For some reason, there is a hint of dubiety inside her voice.

-It's not the first time someone showed up in front of me and claimed to be Tina. I can't believe you in a few exchanges.

Ehhh? Why would someone do something like that?

-How can I believe you that you are Tia? Answer me...

 

Thanks for reading OwO

I am so busy recently TvT. The company forces me to attend a lot of group events so we can "somehow" improve our unity.

 

7