PROLOGUE
526 2 7
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

My name is Violet Carlisle and I was born as a daughter of a Duke. When I was young, I would often get weird dreams of a world so different from mine. In that world people couldn’t use magic, but they had something called technology that made life much more convenient. Although it was fascinating, I didn’t pay it much mind when I was young. After all, they were just dreams. But, recently, I’ve been seeing myself in these dreams of mine. In those dreams, I was in a little box with texts scribbled on a glass screen. It wasn’t just myself that was there. Familiar faces like my fiancé, Prince Dominic and his close aides were also in it.

What surprised me the most was how these scenes from my dreams were manifesting itself in reality. My fiancé got charmed by a commoner girl just like in the game. Although, unlike the game, I had only warned the girl in question on slight occasions and never once mistreated her. Things still turned out for the worst for me just like in the game. With several men at her fingertips backing her, this so-called heroine had put on a hysterical one-man act and accused me of several absurd charges.

A heroine with an innocent pure heart looking for true love? How laughable. In reality I could only see a cunning vixen busily trying to pursue her make-believe happily ever after.

If only I had remembered everything much more quickly. If only I hadn’t thought of them as just dreams. Then maybe, could I have changed my fate?

Honestly, why did my fate have to be dictated by a stupid game?  It was just ridiculous. That’s why,

“Miss, it’s time. The carriage is already outside.”

I won’t let them use my Bad End to attain their Happily Ever After.

“I’m ready.”

 

 

7