New Horizons
57 0 1
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

With aching bruises Jackson heads towards the city gates. With his newly aqcuired sword he finally built up the confidence to leave, to become a hero. To make everything right and to make everything better. That piece of trash won't be happy when he notices that his sword is gone from his collection but Jackson doesn't care, it's not like the trash would be happy with him around anyway, the sword was just a prize to show off with.

You have gained the skill Thievery! Level 1

No matter how bad this skill seemed, he wouldn't trade it for the world if it ment more suffering for that trash.

Error! You have lost your last name!

Surprised Jackson opens his info page and to his delight, finds his last name is gone.

Name: Jackson
Age: 13
Species: Human
Afflictions: bruise, bleeding (petty)

He must have found out I took the sword. At least that's one less thing connecting me to him.

Now reaching the gates the guards let him pass, they know who he is, they know why he is leaving, they don't care, no-one ever seemed to. No words are spoken just a knowing look of pity.

I don't want the pity of those that don't deserve to give it.

Jackson looked back at the village that raised him, not feeling any sorrow in his heart, no love lost because there was none to begin with.

I may always try to be optomistic but there is a line and this place crossed it long ago, good riddance.

Jackson looked towards the boundary that seperated his life of torture to the unknown, which one was scarier was a mystery and crossing the line was a risk. Knowing what was behind him made the decision easy. 

Jackson crossed the boundry.

As he was walking down the road to Licentia, home of the free goddess Libertas, Jackson made a vow.

From here on out I won't lie to myself, I will do what I believe is right, and I will be respectable because of it. I will be a hero!

1