Chapter 161 – Rewarding the soldiers
283 2 2
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Vol.3 - Chapter 8 - Rewarding the soldiers


Listening to the old man mentioning how important supporting Faust was for their own progress, he could just smile at him, fully knowing how Faust's ideas could be detrimental to his plans.

From the time he met him almost 4 years when he acted as Aldenis's jewel checker and had a brief conversation with him, Vlad could observe that he wasn't normal. His type was similar to the geniuses who created significant inventions in his world.

Later he talked a bit with the nobles, asking about their losses, and offering his condolences making the nobles respect him even more, sensing that he was genuinely affected by the news that they lost some of their close aids in the war.

"Sigh, what I can do now is to offer their children and families a bright future. Something that would be worth the sacrifice of those men." said Vlad with a sigh before turning to look at Rohan and ask him and the rest of the nobles something casual.

"Count Rohan, Count Arden, Viscount Brune, Baron Dalt,  Baron Belmore, I heard from Aldenis about your intentions of advancing your reforms, in the same manner I did with Sol, correct?"

Count Rohan, who was the leader of the nobles forming around Vlad, nodded his head, mentioning calmly.

"Indeed, we have learned from our visit to Sol that our approaches are too backward and that we can offer our citizens a better life by reforming our system. We just lack enough funds to build grand buildings as you have done, Your Highness."

"Don't worry, step by step. I will distribute the wealth I recover from the nobles killed in the war and plan for the reconstruction of the kingdom along with my grandfather and the rest of the councilors. You are in luck, I guess, by being in front of the line, but you will also act as an example for the rest of the nobles."

"Understood, Your Highness. We will attend the council meeting in two days."

"Indeed, you have to attend that one because I will share my entire vision for the kingdom."

After talking for a bit more, he walked outside the palace, only wearing some trousers on his body which was left uncovered.

The patrolling Black Army soldiers who saw Vlad exit the palace looked surprised and walked toward him, doing a military salute.

"Commander, do you require anything from us?"

"Who of you is called Quintus?" asked Vlad, casually getting a seat on the stones dropped from the palace towers, acting casually with his soldiers.

The soldier wearing soldier clothes that were of a dark green color with a different design compared to the officer's outfit, a man in his mid-twenties with black hair and a relatively tall body, being head to head with Vlad, stepped forward, bowing at him.

"Reporting Commander, I am Quintus of Company S021, Regiment 001."

"Glad to see you. I heard from my assistant that you handled the journalist rather well. Come here, step forward. I want to see your potential."

The soldiers next to Quintus looked shocked, and the same could be said for Quintus himself, who never expected something to happen even if he gave his name to Oliver. He heard from his officers what happened when they would be summoned by Vlad, and gulping his saliva, he walked closer to him.

With a calm expression, he brought his arm forward and started to create a 'Blood Puppet' scaring the shit out of soldiers who saw for the first time Vlad's devil powers.

"Getting your upper clothes off, you will get to sweat for how long I am in the mood to instruct you personally. Hmmm, you 4 also tag in since I feel better because my love woke from her long sleep and that she is healthy."

"Commander, what should we do?" asked Quintus, who took his upper clothes off, remaining only in his military boots and trousers, followed by the other 4 soldiers who were in his patrolling team."

"It is easy. Take your swords and fight against my puppet."

"This… Will it be fine, Commander? Wouldn't it be disrespectful?"

"Kid, I want to instruct you. Does someone walking half-naked in front of his soldiers should be afraid of his image? I've selected you guys myself, I, or how you knew me, Blood, trained you. So draw your swords and get prepared."

Nodding their heads, the soldiers with Quintus in the lead took their swords and entered a basic sword stance taught to all of his first recruits before waiting patiently for Vlad to make the first move.

The 'Blood Puppet' created a blunt sword without a cutting blade and moved slowly toward them with the sword left hanging down.

With each second Vlad was approaching those soldiers, they could feel their backs sweating a lot, and they didn't even make any effort or started the fight. Quintus was first to move to attack, not giving Vlad a chance to approach them, and using a standard team combination, the others took the flank to attack him.

Stepping forward, Vlad countered Quintus by sending a punch enough for the soldiers to feel it, sending him to the ground, almost puking, while the others he blocked easily two on his right side while the ones on his left side were dodged, disappearing from their vision, getting to their back kicking the back of their knees.

"Decent. You have improved since the last time I saw you. It seems you didn't neglect your training or the teamwork. Again, get your feet and start round two." called Vlad from the side, watching with his crimson eyes the soldiers struggling to get on their feet.

Nevertheless, they got on their feet, beginning another round which taught them another lesson they would find a blessing in a real fight. Like this, Vlad instructed them for 15 rounds, making even the other soldiers who passed gather around Vlad and the soldiers forming a human circle.

"Wow, look at the Commander's moves, how easily he crushed those 5 guys from Company S021." commented one soldier, closer to Vlad at his side, which had other soldiers talk about.

Turning his gaze on the one who talked with a louder voice, he calmly said, targeting him.

"Big Mouth, enter the dance. I want to see how much you improved."

"Big Mouth? Commander, do you remember me? It is a pleasure, but I am called Vincent! Ahh, my apology, I forgot the procedures! Right away!!" called out a young man whose hair was of blonde color, being in his late teens, but with a developed framework, taking off his black coat with small ornaments on it, along with the white shirt having some blood on it.

"Ohh, Big Mouth entered the ring. Let's see how much he has improved since last year." commented other soldiers, looking with interest at this young lieutenant officer.

The moment Vincent got next to the initial 5 soldiers who were worked like dogs taking deep breaths of air, he took his sword out, and standing in the 'Long Point' stance, he waited calmly for Vlad to move at him.

Looking calmly at the young officer, he controlled his 'Blood Puppet' and started walking him down with heavy pressure, but this didn't flinch, Vincent, who began to talk smack.

"Your Highness, I will show you my new techniques I created with my buddies. I call it 'Splendor Swordsmanship' and is based upon your basic, boring style."

"Really now, Big Mouth? Then show me what you got in store for me. You have all my attention."

"Heh, good luck, Commander. It will be a swift one."

Coming from his stance, he tightened his grip on the sword where some aura could be seen, which had all the soldiers watching, expecting something interesting. Something that Vincent delivered, by using a swift footstep arriving in Vlad's puppet range, from there one calling out, hyping himself.

"Splendor Swordsmanship - Sunshine"

He went with a piercing attack releasing the aura along with the sword blade toward Vlad's side. He looked with a broad smile on his face, but then his expectations were crushed by Vlad turning rapidly to block the strike, breaking the blood sword casually made.

"Big Mouth did it, guys!!! He managed to shatter the sword."

"Bah, can't you see that Commander just built another one instantly? Big Mouth just fucked up right now."

.

On the battleground, things looked more clearly, with Vincent giving off a bitter smile, saying to Vlad's puppet.

"Tsk, Your Highness, can't you just do me a favor to boost my presence with the other guys?"

From the puppet that never spoke a thing to the soldiers, he responded like it was Vlad talking.

"You are still young. Nevertheless, good strike, continue on. What else have you prepared for me?"

Vincent saw Vlad move to slash at him, scaring him away into jumping out of range, as if that strike would probably have killed him, which was later confirmed by Vlad.

"Good reactions. That strike would probably blast your entire rib cage."

"Damn, Commander, are you some sadist?"

"A bit."

Slowly Vlad gave Vincent his chances to shine, showcasing his sword style, which didn't prove to be dangerous for him, yet at the same time, it was something interesting which he told him in his face after withdrawing the 'Blood Puppet'.

"Vincent, the take on the swordstyle I taught you all are interesting. However, there is a big flaw in it. You are dependent on what your enemy movements would be like. I will not tell you what you are doing wrong, but know that you can improve this sword style of yours furthermore."

"Come on, Commander, tell me what I am doing wrong. You simply wrecked me and made me look pathetic."

"I will give you the chance of finding out what you are doing wrong in the near future because I have plans for you guys. A manner of which you can improve yourselves and also test for those worthy of further attention."

"Fine, knowing you, Commander, you would do something wicked."

"Maybe. Anyway, you guys can disperse and contemplate on what you have seen and felt." said Vlad having the crowd go in their own directions with him walking back to the palace, walking to check on Sofiya.

.

.

She was looking to be sleeping, but when he went to her face, he saw her emerald eyes opening and her wrapping her arms around him, dragging him on the bed.

*Sniff* *Sniff* "You are sweaty, did you go train yourself again? Aren't you supposed to recover too?"

"I didn't train myself. I just trained some interesting boys outside the palace. I guess using my 'Blood Puppet' really takes a tool on my energy."

"I will not let you get away this time. No more training or running away. You will accompany me around. Should we return to Sol and check on how everyone else is doing?" asked Sofiya, gazing at Vlad's face lovingly.

"You recovered even down?"

Pinching his cheeks while her face turned a bit pink, she said angry.

"You really haven't cheated today, using your powers on yourself and on me? Compared to the other times, this one felt unique."

"No, I told you I will not cheat using that ability. Still, I think I know what changed around, my love. You used my ability to enhance your body, and because of some possible side effects, which in this case look to be positive ones, your body changed a bit."

"Wait what?? What happened to me? Don't tell me I can no longer give birth to a child?"

"Well, not that. Our reproductive functions are in pristine conditions, actually, you might turned even better than any other normal human. Your tissues and organs got improved because of my powers. This is the reason you were so active even in bed and it felt better."

"Are we connected by something?"

"The dream you had, looked similar to what inside my mind looks like. So, we might really be bound by an invisible blood string. Bound to never be separated, not even in death."

"From which book did you stole that line?" giggled Sofiya bringing her head closer to his chest, while Vlad caressed her snow-white hair.

"None, I am not into those romance books of yours Sofi. Also, change…" before he could continue Sofiya placed her hands on his mouth, stopping him from talking, saying to him.

"Haven't we agreed we will not discuss literary tastes? You read those anatomy books talking about all sort of creepy things, and I can't even some tender romance?"

Taking her fingers in his mouth and bitting them gently, she brought them back home, hearing Vlad say calmly.

"Haven't you achieved your love? What's the reason for filling your head with those things?"

"Don't you know? Well, I will keep it a secret."

.

.

.

Standing there cuddling with each other, the couple got off from the bed, starting changing in their clothes, and moving holding hands toward Sol.

The soldiers stationed at the bridge greeted the couple respectfully, and when they arrived inside Sol, they could feel that the people on the streets were simply happy.

"Haha, our people sure are delightful. I have never seen them so happy, not even when we kicked that dirty noble out from the district. Ahhh, It made me want to see the girls back home. Let's go home, dear."

"We'll visit Aldenis and the boys first, and later we will go see the girls. Deal?" proposed Vlad while moving his hand for a handshake with his lover.

"Hmm, you got a deal right there, lord." chuckled Sofiya, handshaking Vlad and continuing on walking on the streets like a love-struck couple, wearing their average-looking clothes which didn't draw many eyes to them.

Only the soldiers noticed them, but seeing their leader with his woman, they chose to not butt in and continue acting like they never saw him. Sofiya placed her head on his shoulder and thought to herself while noticing the changes inside her body.

'My hearing and vision is better than before? But how? I wasn't like this in the morning at all. Could it be that what Vlad told me is correct? My body is no longer how it used to be? I am turning like him?'

'Sigh, I hope I don't grow those bulky muscles. Please, no bulky muscles. I couldn't bear looking in the mirror in such a case.'

"Something is wrong, my love?"

'Well, apart from my body turning strange because of your powers, no. Nevertheless, having you alive and healthy is all I care about.'

"Everything is fine. Those songs just feel melancholic to me. I could only listen to them only one time of a year. In the grand festival where even those syndicate bastards would be on break from extorting people."

"I see, then is all good. As long as my Princess is fine, I am also alright."

.

Minutes later, walking like your average loving couple, they got inside the 'Administrative Palace' which was not guarded whatsoever. From upstairs, the sounds of people celebrating and having a good time could be heard, making Vlad stop in place.

"You are worrying you would disturb their happy time?" asked Sofiya, who also stopped following in Vlad's footsteps.

"A little. I feel they respect my status as Prince and future ruler more than our friendship, so to speak."

"Heh, to think you arrogant jerk would think of your entourage like this. Come, let's see them. We will greet them for a bit before going home." said Sofiya with a serene voice, taking over the helms and being in charge in those moments Vlad was not sure.

Nodding his head, he climbed the stairs side-by-side with Sofiya entering inside the council room, which was wide open. Inside the room, all of Aldenis bodyguards, numbering at 20 guys, with Faust, Johan, Kavos, the bureaucrats inside Sol system, having some gorgeous ladies which Faust flirting with, were drinking alcohol and having a good time.

"Greetings, guys." greeted Vlad, the group of drunkards who were having their fun.

"Ooohhhh, brother Vlad, goddess *hick* you two are alive. Great!!!  Bring more alcohol, Pedro! We have to celebrate our future king and queen!" said Faust, moving toward Vlad and Sofiya, greeting him with a hug, and when Faust turned toward Sofiya he moved to give her a kiss on her hand.

"Buzz off Faust. Do you want to get your ass kicked again, making you transcend and see the Devil?" asked Sofiya coldly

"Right, I think he will greet me well, and even praise me for getting sent in by you, goddess."

"Dear, are you going to break his bones?"

"No, why should I punish a frog wanting to eat the swan when it is something unachievable."

Nevertheless, before Sofiya had time to kick Faust, who was staring at her trying to pull off some creep things, a leg kick sent him crashing on a table, later revealing the figure of Kavos.

"Vlad, congratulations, our plan worked as we have planned." said Kavos, who remained fresh, not smelling of alcohol or cigarettes at all.

Doing a handshake with Vlad while with Sofiya, he simply smiled at her a bit before calling her directly.

"Likewise Kavos, likewise. Why aren't you celebrating like the rest? It will probably be the only time you can do this because we will get busy with reconstruction."

"I know. I am just waiting watching over those idiots before seeing my beloved."

"Ohh, you are seeing someone? Interesting. I thought you weren't interested in having a family."

Sofiya just smiled at Kavos, which made him cough a bit embarrassed, at which she whispered to Vlad.

"He has been seeing Eli for some months."

"Elisabeth?"

"Ahem, I am sorry for keeping it a secret from you Vlad. Eli told me to keep it a secret, fearing you might have had her signed out from her job at the orphanage."

"That little damsel, we know for three years, she is like a little sister by now. Sofi, why didn't you told me?"

"Well, would you even care?"

"Yes, if some bastard like that rat who threw her on the streets would fool her into a relation, I would normally react more to it. Yet with Kavos here, welcome to the family."

Laughing a bit awkwardly, Kavos told Vlad, not knowing how to put his words together.

"Vlad, you don't have to do anything for me that might influence Elisabeth into choosing me. The same is for you, Sofiya, since I know your relation with Eli is something akin to blood sisters."

"Haha, fine, I will not talk with Elisabeth about you, Kavos."

"Same, Kavos, if Eli wants to talk about you, I can't do much about it. Women talk a lot about men when they are alone."

"Thank you, you two. If you want to check on the old man, he went to sleep. I'll put those idiots to clean the council room after they had their fun and prepare it for the meeting in two days."

He, too, didn't stay long to talk with Vlad and Sofiya because he walked down together with them and split up, moving toward the grand square of the city.

.

.

The couple returned back home and could see that Fay had the new kids who Tomas brought to stay at the orphanage checked together with an old man, Opheltius, that was like an old kind keeper.

When Fay saw Vlad and Sofiya return back, she wanted to dash and hug them, but being on the job, this stopped her. Ordering other older orphans to take a part of the newcomers, she split them up, and only after everyone was taken care of, she dashed, jumping into Vlad's embrace.

"Big brother!!! I am so glad you are alright."

"Easy now. Haven't you grow into a beautiful young lady by now? Is this something a young lady should do?"

"With someone similar to their father? Always!"

Placing down this young girl after patting her head, the girl who was 14 years old, had a long raven colored hair, with a mesmerizing pair of purple eyes making a contrast with her milky-white skin. She went to hug, Sofiya too, similar to Vlad.

The couple filled the role of father and mother for her, and the other orphans, guiding her in her new life when she was just a skinny little girl living at the mercy of people.

Nevertheless, this young girl was the brain behind the military clothes Vlad's men were wearing. She, along with her fate sister, Alicia, with their mentors, Elisabeth and Sofiya, worked in designing the clothes wore by all soldiers of the Black Army.

She wasn't the only one to walk up to the couple. Opheltius looked with a worried gaze, and when he got to Vlad and Sofiya, he grabbed them into his embrace.

"Children, are you two alright? You Sofiya, I heard from Tomas that you got wounded in that fight with the opposite faction."

"I am alright, grandfather. Not even a scratch, so don't worry."

"Old man, no need for benign words. I did what I had to do to carry a larger legacy from the ancestor himself."

"Indeed, you are the shining star who would place the Vermilion back on the right track."

"There is something you are wrong old man. I've read a newly rediscovered work from the grandmaster resting in some garbage piles by my book searchers, which discusses this aspect."

"Stars die off into big explosions. I will not be a star. No, my legacy will be something of my own, outshining ever Louis."

2