Chapter 79 – A Flying Head Message
269 0 5
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Chapter 79 - A Flying Head Message


Time passed since the fight with Dethel Blokted, and one week passed since Vlad, and his group stopped at the Island of Picodras to recover from their wounds.

The group received great accommodations and welcome from the citizens of the village. It seems that their story, especially Vlad's, was spread out in the entire island by the young sailors who were itching for a good story at the tavern.

When Vlad would go around the city with Patrick, he would be welcomed by almost all the citizens. The women of the island were turning shy when seeing Vlad, who just calmly smiled at them, but this created a sensation in the girlish circle, while some guys were dissatisfied with how well Vlad was received by the women of the island.

Even the Lord Admiral would throw a jab in his direction, saying with a sly chuckle.

"Young Prince, what do you think of the women of the island? There are some beauties here, why don't you let this old man introduce you to them. You're getting close to the age you should be engaged to a fiance."

"Hmph, I'll rather you don't. My fiance has already been selected for when I become Crown Prince."

"Ohh, who is it, a noble lady or a commoner? This girl must be a stunning beauty to make you a dull person say that."

"She's indeed a beautiful girl, but if I would choose my future partners on only this principle I would just lead an annoying life. Heck, probably I would just choose to become a mercenary and leave home."

"You're doing that thing again young man. Dodging my question. Go on tell this old man from which family is this young lady from."

"Selentes."

"Ohhh, that brat Jan actually managed to have a child. Those Selentes guys sure are nice looking with their white hair and green eyes. Heh, you really got lucky kid, the old Duke dukedom is really significant, if you also gain his support taking the kingdom back will be an easy walk."

"Forget it sir Patrick, the Selentes House seems to be on a rapid decline since the Bloody Massacre and  the death of the old duke son."

"Damn it. Don't remind me about that story. So I wish I was there and killed those noble bastards."

"Let's be real Lord Admiral, even if you were there, nothing would be changed. Even Nius got beaten by those people the nobles hired. Let's move on, the past should be left alone, and only learn some things from it. Now, let's move toward the port I want to see those ship you guys have here."

"Sure little Vlad. Are you really going to sponsor the building of the fleet? Is the position of Admiral still open?"

Chuckling as they moved toward the port, calmly passing the citizens, Vlad only said to Patrick.

"Lord Admiral, if you want to lead the army of my kingdom again. You will always be welcomed with open arms by me and my subjects. Forget about grandfather exile, just take it as the drunk words of an old man."

"Hah your words are tempting me, but if I don't see my fleet with the flagship and frigates there I might pass the offer."

"You're greedy old Patrick. I think your flagship is still anchored in the Shipbuilding Guild Dock and with other heavy ships.

"Ohhh, my baby is still waiting for me? Prince, if you can get me my flagship back and the rest of the ships who used to be part of my fleet, I'll take on the waves again. When I think about coming back, I instantly think of messing those Brissians and Sorbetians."

"You'll get the chance old Patrick, just have patience and wait until I solve all the problems."

Then they arrived in front of the port and looked around the young guys as they repaired the damaged ships, from one of the two heavy ships Lagos used to fight against Dethel to some merchant ships.

"You really got some talented people here. Do you still have enough wood to build ships here without being noticed by other traveling merchants?"

Hearing Vlad's comment, Patrick looked around the shore and said to Vlad with a grin on his face.

"Obviously I got such a place. I taught Lagos one of the techniques the shipbuilders in Kaysang used, to build the ships in a hidden place so enemies could see our progress. "

"Good, then you'll have nothing to worry about. You'll see the funds needed to build ships coming in one year's time. You better have your men trained by that time. I might also require you, lord, to go with me and teach my people in the art of sea warfare.

I'll soon have to go since I've missed the capital for one week. It's unknown yet if those nobles are trying to pull something when I'm away."

As he said that, he walked back to Patrick's house and had Robert and Aerius prepared to leave. When moving out and arriving at the port, Lagos and Patrick, and some other sailors guys prepared for his leave.

Old Patrick walked forward and patted Vlad's shoulder while only saying.

"I can only wish you good luck on your way back, and hope to hear from you again."

"That's for sure, you'll soon see some of my representatives bringing a plan for a trade negotiation and other mischievous things I don't bother remembering. Take care old Patrick, Lagos."

As they finished their farewells, Vlad extended his hand, and blood began flowing quickly toward the caravel, forming a stairway.

After he and Robert climbed the stairway, he canceled his [Blood Manipulation] ability and turned to look at the people who began gathering at the port. Following that, he walked to the steering wheel and yelled at the pirate ship.

"You guys prepare to sail, end what activity you were doing, and get to your stations. You'll follow after my ship. Hmm, you did well to clean those pirate skulls on your sails. Now you'll not be mistaken as a pirate crew."

"Yes, boss." responded some men from the pirate ship, wherein no time some of the guys rushed to climb the rat-lines toward the mainmast and foremast to unfurl the sails.

Similarly, Vlad also used his blood powers to raise the anchor and unfurl the sails. As the caravel began to take off on the sea, he heard the citizens of Picodras say a final farewell, but what stuck the most were the ladies' voices, which made the guys angry and even curse Vlad.


Hours passed since Vlad, and his new sailors entered the deep sea. The journey back to Sagletius was slightly longer than what Robert told him. They had to sail for about 4 hours to get back to Sagletius.

Looking around the silent sea while on the steering wheel, Vlad saw in the distance a larger ship around the size of the pirate ship he now had. The ship's sails had a blue seagull sign and a written "MARINE" on the upper sails, and from all the signs, Vlad could see that ship was moving right in his direction.

"Robert, look over there. Is that a marine ship?"

"Wait, let me see. Ohh, that's right. Just act normal, as if you're a merchant. They will not attack you for no reason, especially if you don't sail under a pirate flag."

"Good to know. Then I'll let them get closer."

As if the marine ship was faster than his caravel, Vlad and Robert, even the pirates who now wore cleaner clothing from Picodras, looked closer to regular civilians, just looked toward the marine ship.

"Hello sirs. We're marines from the 15th branch stationed in Kaysang. I'm Captain Vebro belonging to that branch. Do you mind if we ask you some questions?" asked a man of average build wearing a white coat with the word "justice" on it and with the golden stripes that had a blue circle.

"There's no problem sir. We hide nothing from you marines." responded Vlad collected and with an easy-going expression when looking at the marine guys on the ship, numbering approximately 100 guys from what he could see when staring at the ship.

"Glad to have your cooperation. We're looking for the pirate ship of a dangerous pirate called Dethel Blokted who was spotted sailing around those parts of the sea. Have you seen this type of pirate flag when you were sailing or heard any news." asked the Marine Captain while having some of his men show Vlad a pirate flag that looked exactly to what Dethel was sailing under.

When the former pirates saw that flag, they gulped a bit but kept their calm since they removed all evidence that the ship they were sailing was a pirate one.

"Hmm, you're referring to that Dirty Money Dethel?"

"Indeed, have you heard anything about him."

"If you're looking for him. I heard some news about him being on the hunt, around the islands of Esvir and Lathast. But who knows exactly, maybe he already raided those islands."

"Sir, excuse me if I ask an offending question. But from where are you coming?"

"I'm moving with those cargo ships from Picodras toward Sagletius, Kaysang. Is there any problems sir?"

"No, no. Take it as a curiosity of mine if you may. Well, thank you for your time sir, hope you good luck in Sagletius. Also, lookout for a criminal staying in Sagletius called Blood. From my information, he's a very dangerous criminal who killed 2 trading organizations from Sagletius."

"I understand. I'll keep in mind your advice sir."

As he ended saying that quickly, the marine ship left, moving toward Esvir and Lathast islands' direction. After the Marines left,  he continued his journey, but this time he said to Robert with a colder voice.

"We will sail close by to Valent this time. I got to leave a gift for those corrupt marines. Hmph, listen to those hypocrites, I killed 2 trading organizations. Those criminal syndicates now suddenly transformed into saintly organizations only doing trade."

"Are you sure big brother? What if someone sees you?"

"No problem, I'll cover my face and throw Dethel's head from great distance. And we'll keep to our business, leaving as fast as I sent the head."

After 2 more hours passed, Vlad saw from a distance, when using his blood powers, the port city Valent. The ship kept approaching Valent, but as soon he had a perfect view of Valent from where he was, he stopped the ship for a moment. Climbing the mainmast, he stared at a larger building that seemed to be the marines' base.

Taking the bag that held Dethel's head, he enhanced his body to the limit of his ability, and when he found a room that had its windows opened, he threw the pirate head with all his force toward that room.

Seeing that the trajectory was good, he looked down and said to Robert.

"You can now move toward Sagletius. Don't worry about being found out, from this distance not even binoculars can see me."

"It's fine by me, but don't you want to check on Inorra and Kipset? They are right in this city I think."

"Let them live their lives and go towards their dream. If I come now and influence their choice what kind of friend I am? If they want to be marines and catch pirates let them become that. When I'm a king I can just ask the marines to have them visit me."

"Tsk, are you sure they would listen to a backwaters kingdom such as yours?"

"Hmph, they will. If I make it so they don't control the entire South Blue, they would gladly to as I say. Don't forget little Robert, the marines are controlled by the World Government, which is formed by world nobles and the king's assembly."

"Sure, but you're just one member on that assembly, only a vote. What can you do with a vote?"

Laughing heartily next to Robert, Vlad only said. "That remains to be seen Robert. You'll just have to watch as the chess pieces are played out in real time to get the feeling of what I will do."

Not long, Vlad's caravel and the larger ship sailed by the former pirates passed Valent city and moved toward Sagletius, who was about a 20 to 30-minute journey.

Meanwhile, as the ships gained distance from Valent, a man inside a large building, seated on a luxurious chair and a well elegant office, suddenly heard moving toward him an object. Quickly as if his senses were exquisitely trained, he looked at the object moving toward him from the sky, and when he caught it, he was surprised to see the force the object was thrown.

Feeling in his hand the bag, he had a feeling that he knew what it was. To confirm his guess, he opened the bag and saw a familiar face. Looking a bit angry at this gift that could hold an untold message, he took some wanted posts from his desk and quickly find who this men's head was exactly.

[ Dethel Blokted -  Dead or Alive - 75.000.000 Bellies ]

"Which cursed idiot dared throw in my office the dead head of a criminal. Hmph, why not come and get your money instead of throwing this bastard's head. Whatever, more money for me, I guess. I'll report to the Headquarters that I was the one who killed this bastard.

Chore boys, get this dirty head and clean my office immediately! "yelled the man seeming to target the people outside his office.

After some minutes since he ordered this, two boys who had tanned skins entered the office. One was a slightly handsome boy who was almost 1,80 meters with a black colored hair and a pair of hazel eyes, while the second one was shorter, being 1,76 meters, similarly black-haired and with a set of brown eyes. From their uniform, they were clearly the marine chore boys.

When they arrived inside, they said with a loud voice and standing in order.

"What do you wish us to clean Commodore Kirin?"

"Clean my desk and floor, also take that bag containing the head of a pirate and place it for a shipping directly to the headquarters."

"Yes, sir. We'll clean the room right away."

"Good job boys. If you keep going this way, I might write a recommendation letter for you to try the Headquarters test. Since you've come and joined this base you've been the most efficient and disciplined young prospects I've seen join this base. It would be a shame for you two brothers to not be able to achieve something great in the future."

"Thank you sir for the kind words. We're only trying to act on our orders and complete them as quickly as possible." replied the two boys.

"That's what you should keep doing young Kipset, Inorra. Now go on, I'll take my leave for a while, when I get back I hope everything is sparkling."

Ending that, the Commodore left the office and walked out of the base, leaving the two young men to stare at one another and begin the cleaning process.

"Well, you've heard him brother, we're getting closer to achieving a part of our dream. Now let's get to cleaning the sir Kirin office."

"Tsk, this type of petty jobs sure are annoying brother Kip, but it seems we'll only have to do those types of jobs for a little bit more."

As they began cleaning out the desk and floor, Inorra walked toward the bag and opened it out of curiosity to see who this pirate was. He could recognize this pirate, but thanks to the wanted poster on the desk, he read the name of the pirate.

However, as he did that, he remembered a distanced brother's stories, who acted more like a parent to them, and said to Kipset, who cleaned around the room.

"Kip, look at this pirate head and later read this wanted post."

"Wait, let me finish here. Fine, don't stare at me like that. Let's see what bastard we got here. Wow, so this is the infamous "Dirty Money" Dethel Blokted."

"That's right, but do you remember Vlad's stories? About how he got captured by a pirate called Dethel Blokted when he was young. Doesn't this feel a bit weird for a head to fly towards sir Kirin office, as if it was intentional, a message?"

"Hmm, if you say that. I also remember Vlad tell us that story, about how this Dethel guy would be one of the first guys he would hunt down when he gets out. So you're saying that this is Vlad's doing?"

"I'm willing to bet that Vlad found that pirate and chopped his head, and probably heard some nasty stuff from the marines and sent this head as a message. Remember, he's the legendary Masked Blood from Sagletius."

"Sigh, you're right Inor. But you better don't tell the other recruits, this will remain between us. It's good to hear that Vlad is doing great so far since we left the mining camp."

"That's right. So we better keep working harder to get to the Marine Headquarters and start our marine carriers."

"Let's finish cleaning the room and send this head to the mailing station, then start training our body and sword as Vlad taught us."

Support me also on webnovel if you enjoy my story so far (THE SAME NAME)

Discord:  discord.gg/CMsHqJVDVD

5