A Different Sky 2: C4 Tone down the Affectionate Behavior?
26 2 1
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

On another floor of the entertainment company, Jinde and Leng Jin Yu entered a spacious room. A man wearing an expensive-looking suit sat behind a desk, glancing up at them over the rims of his glasses.

Jinde sized up the man’s outfit and then turned to give his husband a thoughtful look, making Leng Jin Yu tense. Somehow, he had a bad feeling about this …

The man that had brought them here hurried forward, rubbing his hands. "Boss! Tell me that I didn’t promise you too much!"

The man kept quiet for a moment and then nodded. "Not bad." He got up from his seat and then motioned over at a glass table on the other side of the room, walking over. "Why don’t you have a seat?"

Jinde gave a hum and pulled his husband over, making sure to sit as close to him as possible. Ah, if he didn’t understand what these world’s people were talking about, he’d have to ask Jin Yu.

The man with the glasses gave the two of them a curious look but finally retracted his gaze and picked up a stash of documents from the table. "I am sure Mister Yuan already explained why he brought you here. These are the contracts we’re offering you. As promised …" He glanced at Leng Jin Yu when he brought that up. "One of you will get a contract as a model while the other will have a guaranteed position as his assistant."

Jinde gave another hum and looked at his husband.

Leng Jin Yu glanced at him and then accepted both the contracts, looking through them slowly. Nothing showed on his face but inwardly, he was having some doubts. While getting an employment in this world this fast was good to earn money, it also meant that they weren’t aware of the intricacies of these 'contracts'. He could understand quite a bit from reading but some things still eluded him. He would have liked to take some time to find out more about this world but …

He glanced at his husband, faintly raising his brows.

Jinde leaned in closer, his golden hair brushing Leng Jin Yu’s shoulder. "What is it, my dear?"

The two men with them in the room went rigid and exchanged a glance. That Mister Yuan who had talked to them on the road before, hurriedly cleared his throat. "Uh, that … you shouldn’t do that in public anymore from now on."

Jinde tilted his head in the other direction, looking from Leng Jin Yu to that Mister Yuan. "What might you be talking about?"

"That …" The man looked from Jinde to Leng Jin Yu and back again. Actually, he should have known something was up. Those two had been especially close before. He just wouldn’t have thought that they’d be so brazen to actually still be so lovey-dovey in front of the big boss. "Well, if you sign the contract, you’ll have to tone the affectionate behavior down a notch."

Jinde’s gaze chilled and he turned back to his husband. "Actually, let’s not sign it. I suddenly feel like this job isn’t anything for me." He got up and pulled at Leng Jin Yu’s hand.

Leng Jin Yu sighed and also got up, waving the contract. "Let us think this over for a few days. We’ll tell you how we’ve decided." He wanted to put the contracts into his spatial ring but then remembered that he couldn’t do that in front of mortals. In the end, he sighed and just put them under his arm, turned to Jinde, and walked out of the door with him.

The two men left in the room stared at the closing door in a daze before exchanging a glance. Finally, Mister Yuan leaped to his feet and rushed after them.

"Darling, wait! You can’t just leave us here! Never mind what I said about being affectionate in public. You can do what you — Uh?" Mister Yuan stopped several steps down the corridor, his gaze going in every direction. Where had those two gone in this short amount of time?

He groaned and messed up his own hair before going back to the room. "Boss, they’re already gone. What should we do now? If those two sign with anybody else …"

The boss also furrowed his brows. Naturally, he didn’t want that. Originally, he had thought that Yuan Hua had been exaggerating but after seeing those two, he also understood that they couldn’t let them leave. They had to sign a contract with these two! If any of their competitors did, he’d never get over the losses he’d incur!

Without saying anything, he went back to his desk, picked up the phone, and made a few calls, instructing the people inside and outside of the company to keep an eye out for them. Never mind whether those two really were a couple or not, they would be able to deal with that. And anyway, that type of story could also be sold! He wouldn’t lose out on this chance!

Meanwhile, Jinde and Leng Jin Yu leisurely strolled down the corridor, holding hands.

"Honestly, I can’t believe these guys tried to trick us like that. Just imagine we had signed that thing and suddenly weren’t allowed to show our love anymore. Ah, just how would I live?" Jinde stopped and turned around, wrapping his arms around his husband’s neck.

"Mn, I’m sure you’d have found a way. Anyway, we can disappear whenever we want to and nobody would be able to see what we do."

"True as well. I still don’t think we should accept as long as they have such unreasonable demands. How about letting them wait for a while and get anxious? I’m sure we’ll be able to get a better deal on whatever this 'model' thing is."

Leng Jin Yu nodded without hesitation. "That would be for the best. In the meantime …"

"Let’s go and celebrate our love?" Jinde gave a splendid smile.

"I wanted to say 'Let’s go and learn more about this world'. Otherwise, I really won’t know what we’re actually signing there." With that, he pulled his pouting husband along and back to one of those places with books. He’d have to learn as much as he could or they’d get into even more trouble in the future.

1