Book 1 Epilogue: Effinshia’s Letter
79 0 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Epilogue (Effinshia's Letter)

 

Hey Vomit Girl,

Realise it by now? I’m sure you would have after reading that greeting. There is only one other person who would call you by that name after all. The oh so secret identity of ‘Requester’. Don’t tell the others about it though. Let this be our little secret eh? I want the others to find out for themselves one day. 

Let’s get to the chase, shall we? I’m going to be honest, by the time you are reading this, I would have already been in a far far away place. I’m sorry for leaving you so suddenly and in the hands of these jokers, but I think they are trustworthy enough. Don’t you think that way as well? They have a long way to go though. You as well.

I’m not satisfied with this. I wanted to stay a while longer and watch over you all for a little bit longer, just to make sure that everything is wrapped up and all of you can go on with life. I wanted to. I really do. 

But time is of the essence. The longer I stay here and do nothing, the more I risk letting more children die from the purple skin. Destroying the statues is my utmost priority. However, there was another thing that I never did tell you or anyone else. Is that these statues are coming from somewhere. That conversation with Morello probably tipped you off. The identity of a black shrouded figure, an Oni and Arachne statues. Tons of Arachne statues. 

I think I got a lead that will bring me to these people responsible for the emergence of the purple skin. You could say that this is my extended revenge I guess. It was business before. I was just going around finding clues and trying to find the culprit because it was the right thing to do, I guess. But now… now it’s personal.

Now now, before you talk back to me about this. I just want to let you know that revenge was never and will never be my top priority. Sure, I may be angry about it, but who doesn’t get angry when someone they care about dies? I just… don’t want more people to die. When you are as powerful as me(not bragging or anything) and people die… they die because of you. Especially when you are the person that knows everything that’s going on. Especially when you are one of the few people who could actually make a difference.

Not to say that I am a saint or anything. I realise that I can’t save everyone so it doesn’t bother me when people die around me. Nor do I go out of my way to save everyone that I know off. Not too much at least. But it does hurt when the people that you DO want to save dies. All because I was too full of myself. Too stupid to see the truth and too… well, you get the point.

It may come as a shock to you why I care so much about this. I did care for Korva. Only been with him for a few weeks but he had touched my heart. Just like how you touched my heart. I don’t want more people like you to get hurt anymore so that’s why I’m doing this. And if you think that I’m projecting myself and you think that I’m just doing this to protect myself. If you think that I’m using you as an excuse then so be it. I don’t really have a good defence anyway.

Despite my happy attitude and my careless behaviour, Korva’s death did hurt me(Shocking I know). Hurt me much harder than I thought. Hit me harder than falling from a ravine and into the depths of hell. I haven’t quite gotten hurt like that for a long time. I can only imagine how much more it must have hurt for you. But that’s exactly why when I saw you smile. Like an actual genuine smile with these guys, I know you’ll be alright.

You both are very alike do you know that? Korva always told me that he’ll be the best adventurer ever. I dare assume that your dreams are the same as his.  Space-time magic and all that nonsense bullshit. Peh. Your real dreams are probably to explore the world ain’t it? To have the adventure of your life. To become a great wizard and adventurer.

Or witch. Whichever designation you prefer vomit girl.

Chase your dreams Vidya. Chase his dreams too. I don’t know if that is what he would want of you. But it’s definitely something that I want. 

 

You know… people always tell me that wherever I go, disaster seems to follow. I disagree with them.  I go where disaster goes. That’s why I go alone. So people I care don’t hurt themselves following me. I’m sure we will meet again Vidya. Because who else better to venture into disaster-ridden places than adventurers.

 

Mai Aiya bis Valesta
-Effinshia

 

PS: You can keep the platinum coin. Go buy yourself a real witch outfit.

 

 

 

0