Little Moments
1.7k 2 54
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

When Xieren said he wished to 'hang out' with Liang Fei, there were many thoughts on how to spend that time. There were so many ways.

Kissing.

Holding hands.

More private personal activities.

Maybe another 'something' session. (Xieren seemed to like how flustered Liang Fei gets when he says that out loud.)

Yet much to Liang Fei's surprise, he was led to an unfamiliar set of doors. Looking around, he noted a distinct lack of guards though the air was abuzz with energy. While Liang Fei was at a low level of cultivation, even a mortal would feel the hair on their arms rise with tension.

He couldn't help but ask, "Is there a spell in place here?"

"Ah, Shizun noticed?"

"So I was right." He replied, choosing not to respond. He didn't want to lie to Xieren but bringing up his cultivation was embarrassing.

Seriously, what kind of strange world was it that one could gain strength through sex? Why bother training at all then? It was too shameless.

"En." Xieren nodded, barely restraining his grin. "This place is hidden from sight. Only the king is allowed entry."

The pride with which Xieren spoke made Liang Fei want to laugh. It was adorable, for his Xieren to be so chipper while showing off. Had he been holding back before?

"I see." Liang Fei stared at the doors, a bit surprised by how large they were and the ornate design. "Then why are we here? Is it for work?"

Why else would they be here? Liang Fei was eager to help if he could. Eating all day and lying about was getting very boring and perhaps a bit of work could help.

"I told you, I want to spend time with Shizun." Xieren stated, pouting. "It's just that Shizun only likes certain things so I brought you here."

 Why would he want to work when he could spend time making his master happy?

"Certain things?

"Just wait." He said mysteriously, standing behind him to cover the elder's eyes with a cloth. Liang Fei flinched in surprise before relaxing, placing his trust in Xieren as the man led him into the room.

The room smelled dry and gave off a sense of age. Yet with each step, a familiar smell drifted past him, setting his heart racing with excitement.

"Is this..."

"My present to Shizun." Xieren finished, taking off the blindfold and revealing his gift.

A library.

Liang Fei's eyes widened, filled with heavily restrained joy as he looked around the room. Every shelf was filled with books, the contents of which would never be seen outside this room. Row after row of books to read.

He might not ever see the end of it~

Xieren grinned, seeing the joy in his master's eyes as he looked around.

"Do you like your gift, Shizun?" He asked, grasping the man's shoulder and kissing his cheek. "I can see how excited you are."

The elder flushed, not expecting that he could be read so easily. How unbecoming.

"I-it is as you say, Your Majesty." He coughed, looking away to hide his excitement.

"Eh?" Xieren's smile fell. "Why is Shizun being so formal? You should be thanking me properly."

He had done this to make the man happy since he was sure the elder was getting bored yet he dared act so distant. Was he not this man's lover?

"I fear others might misunderstand our relationship if I speak so-"

"Let them do as they wish." He growled, staring down into Liang Fei's bright violet eyes. "My words are still law regardless."

Liang Fei grimaced, thinking about his conversation with Leilian. "But-"

"Must Shizun be so cruel?" He interjected, guessing the man's reasoning. His master was too naive, trusting that snake-like woman's words. "Your lover presents you with a gift yet you speak as if we are strangers. Am I nothing to you?"

"Never! Xieren is very dear to me."

"Then won't you address me properly?" He pressed, smirking as his silly master nodded.

"Fine," The elder mumbled, feeling strangely flustered as he spoke. "but only when we are alone."

"I'm fine with that." For now. "Now my thanks?"

"Thank you, Xieren." He mumbled, pressing a kiss to the man's fingers. It was such a chaste action but still set Xieren's blood ablaze. Especially when coupled with his master's adorable pleading look. "Shall we go then?"

"Anywhere you wish, I will follow."

***

Xieren quickly learned that his master really liked to read. It wasn't a new discovery so much as him learning just how much his master liked the activity.

When he had first shown Shizun the library, the man's eyes were gleaming with such joy, one could feel it radiate from him. His soft words of thanks before he completely ignored the world and dived into any book he could get his hands on.

His only acknowledgment of the outside world was: being presented with food and being carried out by Xieren when it got too late. If left alone, he feared the elder would either starve or collapse from exhaustion before putting a book down.

Xieren also came to realize that his master wasn't the most fastidious person when it came to reading. When he first sat down, the man was like a painting, poised and still as he turned each page. But after many hours, Xieren would walk by to find the man lounging over the chair with the scattered remains of his snacks strewn about.

It was shocking, to say the least.

Seeing the man lying on his stomach, his bare legs swinging behind him, tempted the junior into the room. With luck, the couch Xieren had placed in the library was wide enough for at least 3 people to lie on so when he fell onto it, there was little for the elder to complain about.

"Shizun~" Xieren cooed, lifting his master's hair out of the way to nibble his ear. The elder grimaced, the tips of his ears going red.

"Xieren, don't bother me." He said, though he didn't bother to move his hair back. His eyes were riveted to the book.

Xieren pouted.

"Is it bothering if I want to spend time with my lover?" He whined, nuzzling close to his beloved master.

"No, but..." The elder's brows furrowed, feeling conflicted. He really wanted to finish this book. It was so interesting and he couldn't wait to know what happened next. But to ignore Xieren would also be bad.

What a conundrum~

Seeing his master's expression, Xieren smiled as he kissed the man's cheek.

"It's fine." He assured, sitting up. "I'll leave you to your reading."

He was happy nevertheless. To know his master was conflicted meant that Xieren was somewhere in his heart. Perhaps it wasn't love just yet but it was a start.

As such, Xieren chose to spend his free time sitting with his master in the library. If it didn't require his presence, the king could be found there, doing his work while his human lover sat quietly nearby.

The first time Liang Fei rested his head on Xieren's lap as he read, the junior thought he might very well die right then and there. The air between the two was quite pleasant and left those who saw the two to conclude they were very close.

Who else but Lord Fei could lie on the lap of the Fearsome Demon King and live to talk about it? It was quite admirable.

Those who didn't share those feelings could only bite their lip and silently fume as they watched their beloved king being treated like a pillow.

A certain woman could only smile tightly every time she saw her king leave to go to the library. He claimed it was because it was quiet but everyone knew it was because of the human who spent his time there.

The mysterious Lord Fei.

Meanwhile, Liang Fei spent his time leisurely, unaware of the commotion his mere presence was causing within the castle. How could he when he was so happy just then? Xieren had allowed his free reign of the library, barring no book from him.

It was the best thing ever!

As such, Liang Fei spent every moment he wasn't eating or sleeping there in the library. While he wasn't the lazy type, who didn't want to spend an entire day curled up with a good book?

Only liars and the dead would make such a claim.

The only thing that would make it better would be to have something cute and fluffy to lie on but he came to like Xieren for that role. The man wasn't soft or cute in the traditional sense but Liang Fei found himself preferring to use Xieren as a pillow.

Perhaps it was just because he was warm or smelled nice. Perhaps it was just knowing he wasn't alone. Either way, he found himself leaning on his lover more often than not.

On this day, the two were lying perpendicular to one another, with Xieren lying on his stomach and Liang Fei lying on his back while resting his head on Xieren's lower back. The ease in which the two sat together was comfortable.

Especially with the noon sun peeking through the windows, giving off a relaxed air. The winter months faded into a pleasant spring and blooming in the hearts of both men was a pleasant feeling they could share.

"Hm." Liang Fei frowned, turning to press his cheek against Xieren's back. "Xieren?"

"Yes?"

"It says here your grandfather was quite the strange man." He noted, handing the book he'd been reading over to the junior. "Something about trying to marry over a dozen females just to have them serve his main wife. I'm not sure if that is romantic or just plain silly."

Xieren chuckled, trying to imagine such a sight. He'd read about that as well. His grandfather apparently adored his wife so much that he married all of her enemies just to have them reduced to glorified maids.

He wondered briefly how Shizun would feel if he tried something like that

"I wouldn't know." He replied, imagining such a scene with his master in place of the wife. The smile on his face grew. "I never met him."

"Ah right." Liang Fei hummed as he stared up at the ceiling. "Xuejie said you didn't learn about your lineage until later. You wouldn't have gotten to see such a scene."

Xieren frowned. "How would he know that?"

"Is it not common knowledge?"

It's not that it wasn't well known, it was just strange for that guy to know. Xuejie was strange, knowing things he shouldn't yet never revealing how much he knew. If not for his various acts of loyalty, Xieren might have felt some kind of way about him knowing so much.

But now he just felt curious about what that annoying guy had told Shizun. Yet when asked, his master gave him an odd look.

"I don't know much." He replied, sitting up. "I wanted to ask you about it but I thought it might be intrusive."

Xuejie had already told him about Xieren, apparently feeling overjoyed with having found an ally. This left Liang Fei feeling out of sorts for a while. Learning just how much he had changed the plot through his ignorance alone was quite the experience.

"Shizun and I aren't strangers, even before our 'lessons' started." Xieren moved in close, rolling onto his back and pulling the elder on top of him. "How could I think such a thing about you?"

"You don't mind?"

From what he knew, Xieren had been orphaned and left to fend for himself for years before being found by Shao Liang Fei. Countless injustices had been done to him before and after that point. The novel had apparently been pretty vague about the details but Liang Fei saw the wary look in Xieren's eyes when they first met.

His life had definitely not been simple before he arrived.

Xieren watched his master's expression and easily read his thoughts. His master truly was a kind man and that made him love him all the more.

"Couples are supposed to share their burdens, right?" He retorted, stroking the elder's cheek. "Easy or not, I have Shizun to make sure I don't fall apart."

"I..." Liang Fei flinched, looking as if he wished to run away before relaxing in his partner's arms. "Yes."

***

Xieren was born from the former demon king and his human bride, hidden from his enemies at the edge of the Darklands. He had been hidden among a human clan that had sworn loyalty to the demons for generations. His mother had dropped him off at their doorstep before passing and left him nothing but a name. He was raised as one of them, unaware of his demon blood.

Yet things changed when he turned five. Somehow, cultivators had learned of the clan's affiliation with the newly defeated demon clan and attacked. There was no telling what was hidden among them so they killed everyone.

Everyone but a young Xieren, who had been hidden away and protected by the person he thought was his mother.

After that, he wandered about, trying to find a means to survive on his own. His naive trust in people and the world was slowly chipped away as those around him cast him aside and betrayed him. He lost his innocence and quickly learned not to trust others lest they harm him. He took advantage when he could and stole as he wished.

That is, until the day he attempted to rob a certain cultivator.

It felt strange to hear Xieren's backstory this way. Xuejie had mentioned it but spoke about it the same way a book would. Very vague and focusing on the bigger events.

Xieren, on the other hand, told his story in such a way that made it clear it was not just a story. It was his life. There were no nebulous phrasing or poetic descriptions to shield the implications of his words. It was raw and every word cut him deep.

Xieren truly was a tragic person.

“I’m sorry you had to go through all that.” He said at the end. Knowing what happened and hearing it from the one who lived it made it feel all the more real.

No, Xieren was real. His suffering wasn’t just words on a page anymore.

Xieren chuckled, holding Liang Fei close to his chest. While he felt a bit bare after confessing so much, he didn’t dislike the feeling. He knew his master wouldn’t betray his trust so he was free to give it.

“There are times I can’t remember certain things.” He whispered into the elder’s hair, his eyes looking well past the present. “I still can’t recall what my mother looked like, though I imagine she was beautiful.”

“I’m sure she was.”

Xuejie didn’t mention her, so she must not have been very important narratively but Liang Fei felt that was a shame. Such a woman, who took in a child and raised him as her own, how could she have been seen as unimportant? She was the reason Xieren was in his arms right now.

A moment of silence fell between them as Xieren looked down at his lover. There were still things unsaid between them.

“There are also times I don’t recall how Shizun was like before.” He continued, watching the man flinch and look away. He waited, wanting Shizun to tell him the truth.

Yet he said nothing.

Xieren sighed, showing a sad smile. “I hope Shizun will share his burden with me one day.”

“I-” He tried but stopped, unsure how to respond. What was he supposed to say to that? He knew what Xiren wanted. It was obvious but it wasn’t something he had ever experienced in his previous relationships. He had certainly heard his girlfriends woes but he’d never spoken about his own.

If it was just fear of being called crazy, he could manage it. But it was terrifying to take such a chance. He liked the time he spent with Xieren. He didn’t want it to end just yet.

Xieren stared up at the ceiling for a minute, sighing as he came to accept his current position. He still wasn’t close enough to acquiring Liang Fei’s heart. Perhaps he should have been more patient but he couldn’t be.

“Shizun?”

“Hm?”

“Do you... like me?” He said through clenched teeth. Liang Fei blinked at him. 

“Yes.”

Of course, he’d say that. Xieren thought with a sigh. So he tried again.

“Do you trust me?”

“Of course.”

Xieren stared down at Liang Fei, trying to see past his stoic expression. He could see his master was curious about his line of questioning but that was it.

“I won’t ask that you bare your heart or your secrets to me,” He started, taking the elders' hands in his own. “but could you at least let me take a peek? I want to know more about you.”

“I…” Liang Fei looked away, feeling flustered. Xieren truly… didn’t mind? After a long time, he spoke. “I once had a sister. Her name was Liang Mei. She… would have really liked you.”

No, it was better to say she really liked you. If she knew their relationship, he was sure she would lose her mind. He could almost hear her cries of outrage that her own brother had seduced her ‘Xiao-Ren’.

As if Xieren belonged to her. He inwardly huffed at the thought.

“Do you miss her?” Xieren asked as he watched the elder, feeling relieved his master had opened up to him. He briefly wondered if this was the person his master used to cook for, the one who liked spicy food.

“She’s moved on.” He thought of the man she had seen with her. She had gotten married and was happy now. “She doesn’t need me anymore.”

“That's not what I asked.”

“I wish…” He started, suddenly feeling self-conscious. Could he truly speak his honest thoughts? He knew Xieren wouldn’t judge him but saying it out loud was… it was terrifying.

“I wish I didn’t have to leave her.” He rushed out, his words spilling forth. “After our parents died, I promised I would take care of her.”

He recalled the day he got the news. Liang Mei didn’t understand what was happening and just cried. Liang Fei had wanted to as well but held it in, taking his sister's tiny hand and comforting. He’d promised that day to make sure she was always taken care of. That he wouldn’t leave her behind.

“Yet I died.” He finished with a mild tinge of resentment.

The weight of those words hung heavy in the air.

“You came back though.” Xieren assured, pressing a kiss to his lover's hair.

“I can’t see her ever again.”

Xieren frowned, not really understanding but sensing there was more to this than just a matter of distance. A choice had been made and it had been the sister to lose out.

“Do you… regret it?”

Liang Fei blinked, unsure how to respond.

“I… don’t know.”

Did he regret it? Had he not made the choice he did, he would never see Xieren again. Yet he also ended up hurting his sister. 

Did he have to choose between them?

Wouldn't that just be too cruel?

***

Their heart to heart was short-lived, as Xieren soon had to return to his duties. Yet the man was reluctant to leave.

“Shizun~” He cooed, pressing fervent kisses onto the elder, basking in the soft moans he earned for his efforts. “Shizun, you are too cruel to your partner.”

“H-how am I cruel?” He cried, wanting to smack this man. How dare he try and hold a conversation while actively seducing him?! W-wait, no! D-don’t kiss him there~

Liang Fei melted under Xieren's expert touch.

“I never got a proper thank you for the library.” Xieren whined, his hands trailing down the man’s chest.

You’re bringing that up now, months after the fact!? Liang Fei thought, shivering even as his mind raced to scold his willful lover.

“I did thank you.” He panted, pressing against Xieren’s chest as he struggled to regain his senses. Yet Xieren had learned most of his weak spots and was merciless when teasing him.

“No,” He continued, grinning at the frantic look in his lover’s eyes. “you acted cutely and made me want to ravish you right then and there.” 

Much like how you are now.

“And you did.” The elder snapped back, recalling that time. His lips had barely lifted from Xieren’s fingers before they were captured and ravaged by Xieren. If not for the couch being nearby, he was sure he would have been eaten right there on the floor.

He did not get a chance to read that day.

“True but that was because you were being cute.” He argued, sliding the elder's robes from his shoulder. Clear fragrant skin peeked from beneath the fabric, tempting Xieren to bite into it. “Considering this is Shizun’s favorite spot, how about we fulfill my wish?”

“Here?!” He wanted to do this here again?! He had already had to get rid of the other couch because it held way too many sultry memories for him to bear. Why condemn another couch to such a fate?!

“Where else?”

“Y-you have to get back or-” He tried to argue but was silenced by the intense look he received from Xieren.

“Just a little, Fei-er?” He pleaded, his finger slipping under his robes to tease his soft skin. “Just touch me a little and I’ll behave. I’ll make you feel good too~”

“You!” He cried, shivering with anticipation. Damn him for being so good at this. “F-fine, but only a little. Then it's straight back to work!”

“Absolutely~”

Liang Fei didn’t move for a while, too nervous to do so. Sex was fine but now that Xieren was on top, it felt a lot more embarrassing.

“Nervous?”

“No, I-”

“There's no need to be.” He assured, kissing the elder's exposed neck. “Anything you do makes me feel good, darling.”

With a trembling hand, he reached down to rest a hand on Xieren’s shaft. He knew this shape well. It had taken him apart many times already and still made him wonder how much he could take.

“Don't just tease me, Shizun.” Xieren moaned, rubbing up against his hand. “It wants more than just a tap. Hold it more firmly and-”

Ah, did he have to make so much commentary?! This was embarrassing already without it! Yet Liang Fei wasn’t the type to leave things as is. Despite his embarrassment, he clenched his fingers around the hard shaft, trying to ignore the husky moan that echoed in his ear.

Xieren was never quiet. He moaned and growled endlessly in his ear, his words barely coherent as the elder stroked him through his robes. Clawed hand clenched and relaxed beside his head, heating Liang Fei’s blood despite his best intentions.

This was for Xieren, not himself.

“Shizun!” He cried when the elder's grip tightened. Liang Fei wasn’t concerned though. He knew Xieren liked it rough, whether it was him receiving or giving the treatment. Still, the junior's hand grabbed hold of the elder's shoulder, his labored breath drifting in his ear. “Ah, don’t be so rough. I don’t want it to end so soon.”

“You have to go…" He swallowed, distracted briefly by Xieren’s pleading gasps. “back to work so kindly hurry up and-”

Liang Fei’s wrists were taken and pressed down against the couch. Xieren loomed over him, his face flushed and hungry look in his eyes.

“What are you-” He tried to speak but his words were lost as he felt Xieren press down on him, their mutual erections slotted together. The elder couldn’t help but moan as he thrust up against the man.

Xieren smiled.

“Shizun is teasing me too much.” He whispered as he leaned down so there was no space between them I can’t cum with just this. I need to hear you too.”

Liang Fei’s mind was drifting away just then, his focus being on how nice it felt having Xienre between his legs. Unbidden, his leg drifted up, hooking around Xieren’s hip and pulling him closer.

“Then don’t keep me waiting.” He snapped, though it was a lot less threatening since his tone was less fierce and more a gasping plea.

Xieren trembled, falling even more in love with this wonderful man.

“Anything you wish, my love.” He then pressed a long and deep kiss onto the elder and time fell away.

***

“Shizun~” Xieren cooed spooning his partner as they basked in the afterglow. They had done a lot more than just grinding and the junior was over the moon.

His darling looked absolutely gorgeous when he was flushed red and covered in his marks.

Liang Fei, on the other hand, just felt tired. Really, who was he to try and keep up with a demon? A young one at that! After the first few times, surely he would know his limits but his Xieren was like some kind of fantasy hero.

Limits? What limits? I can go as far and as long as I believe.

It was really just too much for this old man~

Xieren was just in an affectionate mood, his hands stroking any patch of skin he could reach, pressing kisses to the already reddened neck. The elder pushed him away, his weary body futilely trying to get hard again.

“If you don’t behave,” He snapped when his younger partner tried to help his drained shaft get hard again. It was way too much. “I will tie you down and have my way with you myself.”

Yet damn this energetic man for getting excited again.

“I freely give myself to you, Shizun.” He hummed, nipping at his earlobe. “Everything, all of me, take it all.”

“Save such honeyed words for your lover.” He huffed, barely able to keep his eyes open. He yawned. “Surely she would prefer-”

Yet Xieren cut him off, pressing a kiss to the sleepy man’s cheek. “Shizun is my lover right now,” And forever. “So please accept my sincere words."

Liang Fei had no time to respond, exhaustion hitting him like a truck and knocking him out. His last coherent memory was Xieren covering him with his non-soiled clothes. It was warm and smelled like Xieren.

Liang Fei slept soundly.

54