Fairy Trap
2.1k 6 70
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Qin Rong froze, hoping he was just imagining things. There was no way he'd gotten so into eating that he failed to notice someone approaching. He was a mercenary!

"U-uh, excuse me?" A small voice called out, making the blue haired boy want to cry. He'd been caught by a damn child! He was a failure. "What are-"

Before another word could be said, Qin Rong jumped onto the table and ran, chicken leg in hand. There was no way he was going to miss out out meat.

"Wait, don't go!" The child called out, his light steps following after him. The two ran for a minute, with Qin Rong scaling the wall in seconds as the child called out to him. He wasn't sure what was said but refused to wait and see.

As the child stood there, staring up at the wall that the intruder had so easily climbed, tears formed in his eyes.

"Please don't leave me here all alone." He sniffed as he dejectedly returned to his table, the silence of the garden his only companion.

***

Elsewhere, Qin Rong was trying to catch his breath. He was relieved to have gotten some food but was disappointed he couldn't finish.

Moreover, he was kind of curious as to why there was such a large estate so deep in the wood like that. The house was western and large enough to house a good couple dozen people but why was it so remote?

Tossing the thought aside, he looked out from the treetops to find somewhere to go. He couldn't hide out in the woods forever and obviously can't learn anything about this land without interacting with anyone.

And he had to get some better clothes than the rags he was wearing.

Sometime later, he found himself in a small town and was a bit surprised. It was busy and dirty but definitely not China.

Was this some European type world? If so, it'd explain how different the buildings looked. They were tall and some had a weird shine to it.

Walking around, Qin Rong was careful to keep out of sight. He wasn't sure if the people after him had come to this town and he wasn't keen on being picked up by them. Who knows what they'd do after the caught him.

Peeking out an alleyway, he spotted some clothes hanging on someone's window sill. Pushing aside the guilt, he nimbly climbed up the wall and snagged them for himself. The food from before had given him some much needed energy.

After quickly changing into a simple outfit, he walked around, trying to find some means to get information. He was munching on the fruit he'd stolen from the house in the woods when he heard a loud crash.

Curiosity won over caution as he rushed over just in time to find quite the sight.

In the middle of the square was a large creature pulling a shimmering white wooden carriage. The creature wasn't a horse however. It was like a horse sized reptilian like creature that stood on two large legs and possessed small clawed arms.

A T-Rex?!

The t-rex was currently hiss-barking at a small child who had apparently gotten in the way of the carriage. As expected, the child was in tears as it did so, curling up into a ball. Before Qin Rong could even ask what was happening, a figure jumped from the carriage yelling profanities.

"Oi, get from there, you little brat." The short, very short, man yelled, his beard catching all the spittle his tirade produced. "I've got places to be."

Checking out the guy, he looked like an adult but his features were strange, as if he was carved from stone. Every step he took could be felt, as if the earth itself was responding to him. As the child continued to cry, the person in the carriage peeked out.

"Will you stop wasting time and just move the child." The person, whose sex was hard to determined since men weren't supposed to be that beautiful and women that beautiful shouldn't be found on earth, said. The voice was melodious and soothing but definitely male. "Just move them aside so we can go."

"Yes, Master Fenral" The stout man said, still looking annoyed as he calmed his mount. The child ran away, disappearing into the dark alleyway. Qin Rong was about to leave to gather his newly shattered thoughts when he felt someone watching him.

Looking up, he saw the beautiful man, Master Fenral, staring at him cooly. As expected, looking at a very good looking person was appealing but he could help but notice how strange he actually looked.

His hair was long and pale, almost white which complemented his slightly darker skin tone. The weird thing was his head. On top, he wore a circlet that looked like branches but some of them looked like they were coming out of his head.

Frowning, Qin Rong failed to notice the gleam in the man's eyes as he gestured toward him. He then saw the stout man turn to him and rush over, calling out to him. He ran, not slowing down until the calls were gone.

Curious thing was that the calls were in foreign language but he could tell they were calling for him.

***

Qin Rong sat on a roof top, munching on the fruit he'd taken, which he'd so lovingly named a Chapple since it tasted like a cherry and an apple. The fruit was purple though so he was a bit on the fence about the name.

He was partial to chapple but his less serious side wanted to name it a Pogole cause it sounded fantasy-y.

As he thought about this, he adjusted his newly acquired cloak that covered his head and shoulders. Watching the crowd, he saw many different hair colors and concluded that blue was not the strangest color.

From what he'd figured out, he was in some kind of fantasy world with magic and mythical creatures. He'd already spotted a couple elves and dwarves most of them were merchants. The town seemed lively and nice but Qin Rong was a wary person but nature. He wouldn't get taken unaware.

Especially since he was still being chased.

"Damn it." He whispered as he sank down to keep out of sight. Just below, Fenral and his lackey were walking down the street, the crowds parting for them. He could hear the whispers even from where he was.

"Ah, how lovely a sight to see."

"Lord Fenral truly is beautiful."

"It's scary how attractive elves can be."

"Yeah, even the men are as lovely as angels."

"Though I wonder why he's out on the street at all."

Qin Rong cursed under his breath, knowing exactly why the man was there.

He'd been following the boy around for hours now. He'd thought he'd lost them but no, they'd just ditched the carriage to follow him on foot. Qin Rong had no clue how he kept finding him but he was getting real sick and tired of this now.

Yet, despite his anger, he couldn't face them. Magic existed in this world and he had no clue what he was up against. For all he knew, Elves could fly and cause hurricanes.

As such, he ran from town, even though he wanted to stay to gain more information. He'd only learned a little bit and now, because of that bastard, he'd have to come back later.

Fucking pretty boy bastard!!!

Down below on the street, Fenral stopped, frowning as he looked up at the nearby rooftop.

"Master?" Salgut, his Dwarf companion/servant called out, standing behind the beautiful man. Despite being close in age, both over a hundred years old, Fenral was twice as tall as the slightly older man.

"It would seem that he'd ran away again." He sighed, a bit disappointed. Salgut laid a comforting hand on his masters arm.

"Don't worry, we'll find him soon enough." He assured. 

***

Qin Rong stayed in the forest, thinking it was safer than town. There were a lot of things that could go wrong there so he chose to sleep in a tree.

Despite his better judgement, he decided to go back to the house in the forest again. He wasn't sure why it was there but surely it was a better place to reside near than just anywhere.

He snuck in, tiptoeing around. The sun was setting and as expected, the yard was empty. Still, Qin Rong was wary so he moved quickly.

Like before, there was a plate of food on the table, covered but warm to the touch. After looking around, he uncovered it and ate quickly, not sure when he'd get another chance to eat. Halfway through however, he heard a branch snap and he ran, ignoring the calls to stop.

That night, he slept with a full stomach and a smile.

Elsewhere, that same night, a small boy hid under his covers, sniffling. He was disappointed he could talk to the pretty haired person.

Over the next few days, a pattern had developed. Every morning, Qin Rong would wake up, bath in the river and look for food. Most days he'd fail to catch anything in the forest and got to the forest house.

He always found a plate of food waiting for him. Despite knowing he was being watched, he'd walk in and eat, happy to eat some good food. He never managed to finish his meal though, since the child living there always tried to get close or talk to him.

Like a bird, he departed as soon as he was approached.

This day, Qin Rong noticed the plate was sitting on the third floor window sill. Curious as to why, he climbed up, eventually finding himself sitting on the sill. Just as he was about to dig in, he saw the inside of the house.

It was the first time he'd actually seen the interior of the house. The room was a large bedroom, with a large bed dominating the room. Sitting beside the bed was a familiar form.

The child, a boy about the same age as him, sat there reading a book. Curiously, the boy had black hair, a first since arriving in this world.

(AN: This world is apparently an anime where people have every other hair color but black or brown.)

The sight was assuring, making Qin Rong feel a little less out of place. While he looked like everyone else, seeing someone who looked normal was a comforting sight.

Somehow, the child seemed to feel his gaze, cause he looked up and caught sight of Qin Rong. For a moment, they stared at one another.

He even has black eyes! Qin Rong thought happily.

The boy slowly stood up, as if worried he'd scare Qin Rong away. The action was amusing. Deciding to play the part of a flippant cat, he jumped from the window sill, rolling so he could land safely on the grass below.

Looking back up, he saw the boy staring down at him, concern clear on his face. Qin Rong wasn't cruel so he show himself off by stretching, assuring the child that he was fine before running away.

The boy watched the blue haired youth run off, wishing he could get him to stay just a bit longer.

A few hours later, Qin Rong was walking back to his camp, tired from a day in town. He hadn't gotten anymore information than the day before since that Fenral bastard kept following him around.

One of these days I'm gonna figure out why he's so keen on stalking some kid. He thought as he walked through a bush. Brushing a shrub aside, he stopped to see a curious sight.

In the middle of a small clearing was a large basin of still water. It was not at all hidden though someone had clearly attempted to do so since there was some branches and leaves on it. The person hadn't even bothered to bury at the very least.

Whoever had but this here clearly doesn't know how to hide a... a trap?

Staring at the basin, he briefly wondered what it was doing there and why. Just then, he heard a sound and soon found the answer to his 'who' question.

A short distance away, a child was crouching behind a bush, watching the basin.

Or at least he was trying to. From where he stood, Qin Rong could very easily spot him and stared straight at the kid. After a second, the boy noticed Qin Rong staring and flinched.

With a frightened expression, he curled up, covering his eyes as if doing so would hide him from sight.

If not for the fact that that was probably the single most adorable thing he'd ever witnessed in his life, he might have felt offended by it.

Still, he was curious as to what was going on and perhaps playing along would help solve the mystery of all the weird stuff going on. So with a quiet huff, Qin Rong jumped into the basin and waited.

The wait was short.

"A-ah! I caught you!" The boy cried out, jumping to his feet. He looked ecstatic, as if all had gone well. "It worked! I caught a faerie!"

A faerie? Is that what the kid thought he was? Was it the blue hair? Or perhaps when he jumped from the third story window before? Whatever the case, he was apparently now in a faerie trap or something.

"Oh human, please release me and I'll grant you a boon." He deadpanned, a bit curious as to this child's reason for 'catching' him. His tone was flat but being a child, the boy didn't take notice.

"A boon?" The boy frowned, a bit unfamiliar with the word. "What's that?"

"Uh..." Qin Rong wasn't expecting such a situation so explaining was a bit of a hassle. "It's kind of like a wish, I guess?" Apparently, he said the right thing, cause the boys' eyes gleamed with curiosity.

"A wish?" He gasped. "You grant wishes?"

"Within limits, I guess." He shook his head, hoping this child didn't try and wish for something unreasonable. Maybe he shouldn't have called it a wish...

The boy stared at the ground, shuffling about shyly. The sight softened his heart, making him want to pet the adorable little bun.

"Then..." He mumbled, his cheeks a bit flushed. "W-will you stay with me and be my friend?!"

70