The 3 and 5 act structure of lemme strangle you
705 0 16
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Two days passed by fast with Eric just lazing in his bed and watching TV. No one, except for Mak bringing him food, bothered him. His students most probably, hopefully, started to work on their stories and Del was busy as the Demon Lord.

So, Eric had all the time by himself to sort things out again. He gave up on escaping knowing that only death would await him.

"What a pain," Eric sighed as he got out of bed and prepared to go to the second lesson with these demon breeds. Eric, to be honest, really didn't want to see them again, especially not after that, cough Eric still refused to face reality, nightmare.

But Eric had no choices. His choices were as slim and ungrabbable as that one single butt hair that can't be grasped or eliminated no matter what. In other words, Eric's chances were so slippery that their existence couldn't be removed. Basically fucking useless!

What's the use of a fucking chance when, no matter what, it couldn't be taken?

So, that butt hair would forever grace the hole and tickle it. Unnecessary existence yet can't be erased! That's how Eric felt about everything! Nevertheless, Eric still made his way to the ground floor while he with much suave, walked around, his heart anxiously wanted him to look around and see if there wasn't Del and his sons co. Co. referring to the other noble demons.

Co. Completely originated from the same ass the others came from or more like completely unoriginal. Eric was glad he didn't come across any of them but that didn't mean he wouldn't get to see them because... because they were all obediently assembled right in the classroom! What fuckery was this?

A classroom obviously!

"Morning everyone," Eric smiled happily as if he really loved, loved, being a teacher and teaching his wonderful students.

Eric looked at the pissed dipshit, the smug witch, the brazen fiery, the annoyed prickly and sighed. He wanted to read their minds but was too afraid to do so. Why? Isn't it fucking obvious?

"I can see you're all excited and I hope you're working on your stories!" Eric clapped his hands and looked into the unimpressed round.

Only Lyna, Tino and Lav gave warm welcomes, while Fil just roared whatever gibberish he came up with Eric couldn't bother to decipher.

"So to help you with your stories we'll be starting with the basics. The 3 act structure or as I'd like to use the 5 act structure. Does anyone know what this means?" Eric still held the tiniest bit of hope towards these wannabe authors that they knew what the basics of the basics yet absolute requirement of all stories was.

However, he was deeply disappointed, no one knew.

"Does this refer to the body? If so, teacher I have it all," Nadi pointed at herself. From her face, to her boobs and then cough, her back. Eric shook his head and pretended not to understand the implication.

"Ok, I'll-"

"It's this," suddenly Nol spoke up and had an air of elegance around him, "First act- this human became my teacher and I have to accept him, second act- this human turns out to be a vile shitstick I have to defeat, third act after many ordeals I manage to eradicate the personification of a shitpile off this world and become a hero."

When Nol's words echoed in the air, Eric's face blanked. Technically what Nol said wasn't wrong but what he said made Eric want to pick up the table and slap him against the ground for a few times.

You know, just to let him dig with his body his own grave 6ft deep. Eric quickly pushed these thoughts away as he praised Nol warmly, "Yes, that's about it. Every story has a beginning, a middle and an end. That's the basic and a three-act structure elaborates on it. Everyone take notes!"

Funnily, he didn't need to say it twice. These students really wanted to become authors so they were eager to learn what they could. Soak it up like a sponge. Muah- water was knowledge. Yes, sense and logic weren't present. Thank you.

"The 3-act-structure also has different turning points. 1st act beginning- that's where the Inciting Incident happens, basically what happens to the protagonist and sets the story. Then the 1st act turning point- Protagonist has to make a decision which ultimately forces him into his new world. The second act- the middle- It's a point where the protagonist comes to realise his (inner) flaw and the antagonist force and where things are starting to get worse towards the second turning point- the all-or-nothing where the protagonist is at the lowest point but then forces themselves to continue.

The third act is the climax and resolution. The climax is whatever finale your story builds on. This is simply explained and general, understood?" Eric seriously taught them and was met with serious reactions. For once, Eric was glad to see them being so studious.

"Any questions?"

"Teacher, what about the 5-act-structure then?" Tino asked, "Is the structure completely different then?"

"No, it's basically the same but just with more turning points, so to say it helps you navigate the second act, after all the second act- the middle of a story is always the biggest problem.

The five-act structure has Inciting Incident, second turning point, 3rd turning point, Midpoint, 4th turning point, climax and resolution. It's basically 3-act-structure drawn out. Act 1 consist of the inciting incident which is the first turning point in this case. Act 2 is the rising action with the second turning point which, in the 3-act-structure, is the 1st turning point. Act 3 has the 3rd, Midpoint, act 4- 4th turning point which is the second act in the 3-act structure, then finally act 5 with the climax. The 5-act structure helps you to plot better. Does this make sense?"

"Very much so," Lyna excitedly said. This was actually very helpful to all of them but Nol and Van refused to admit while Leon couldn't be bothered to say anything.

However, all hopes were crushed by a simpleton.

 "What are turning points? And acts? I don't understand," Fil started the train of 'me too' 'me too' 'me twice' 'me third' like Fuck!

If you don't understand then don't say it's helpful in the first place! A few veins wanted to pop on Eric's forehead but because his appearance and temper were always impeccable, Eric calmly smiled, "Ok, let's go over everything in detail and ask immediately if you don't understand."

 

 

 

-----------------

I apologise if the explanations of the structure were weird and complicated, just brush over it and look up proper explanations by professionals if you're interested lol

16