Ch1. Hunger
1.6k 10 37
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

The familiar pain in my stomach woke me from my slumber, I don’t know how long I have rested but the hunger indicated it’s been a while. I struggled to open my eyes only to be greeted by darkness and stone, I tried to roll over only to find that I was encased on all sides by cold stone. I was too hungry to question it, all I wanted was to devour, with one motion I slammed my elbow against the side causing pieces of stone to explode outwards. Fresh air flooded in and I could faintly smell prey which only caused my hunger to increase. Now with enough room to move my arm, I grabbed the top of my resting place and ripped it off causing it to slam into a nearby wall. The room was just as dark as the box, but I could still easily see through the inky blackness, it was a large room but completely bear with the only feature being a large metal door. I slowly rose and found that the hunger wasn’t the only thing causing me pain, a large dagger impaled my chest. I reached up and unceremoniously ripped it out, it looked more ornate than functional, but it was still causing me some pain which was impressive. I tossed the dagger aside, I had more important things to do. 

I rose to my full height and tried to walk forward only to have my left foot give way beneath me, damn thing had always given me problems, but this was a first. I caught myself and dropped to all fours before rushing at the door, I needed to hurry before the hunger completely consumed my mind. I violently slammed into the wall causing the door to buckle but it still held but the surrounding stone was a different story. The ground shook as the massive door slammed down and I was greeted with a massive forest., joy welled up inside me at the sight of so much greenery, but my mind was quickly back to the hunt after I sniffed the air and caught a whiff deer. I released a roar of excitement as my instincts took over and I charged off into the forest in search of prey.

…….

The peaceful ambiance of the forest was ripped through by a vicious roar that tapered into the cackle of a madman. Fear quickly spread causing prey and predator alike to freeze, for they knew a true monster had arrived. A mother bear silently ushered her cubs into the din, a herd of deer froze in fear, birds took flight, and the insects stopped chirping, not even the wind dared to move. A silent figure dashed from shadow to shadow careful not to make a sound for it was fast approaching its prey, it had found hair and bedding from where a small herd of deer hunkered down and now it was following their frenzied tracks. Soon it arrived at a clearing of stampeding deer, they had sensed its presents and were trying to flee but it was too late.

The figure erupted from the silent sea of trees and like the wind arrived behind an unlucky elderly deer. With brutal efficiency, it decapitated the animal with a single clean stroke, but it wasn’t satisfied yet. As the head twirled through the air a black skeletal clawed hand snatched it by the antlers and slammed it down into an unlucky neighbor, the antler tips easily pierced the deer’s skin and the creature was taken down when it pierced its spine. The herd took this opportunity to run faster while the creature was occupied but before they knew it the figure had already pounced on another unfortunate victim. In a whirlwind of claws and teeth, the poor animal was ripped limb from limb before it could even register the attack. From one deer to the next the figure eviscerated and disemboweled with unnatural speed and brutal attacks. Soon there were no deer intact, and finally, the beast feasted.

A/N- I have a discord if you’re interested https://discord.gg/BkUP7Eg2WJ

37