Ch17. Interruption
505 4 22
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

POV shift---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I sat there and enjoyed the night until the wolf started to walk to the camp, looks like she was done with her conversation. I sat up into a more serious posture and waited for her to arrive. I wanted to get to know my new neighbor and maybe get some information out of her. I brushed off the blood and had my cloak, which had taken the form of a thick coat with a furred collar and a pair of jeans, to repair the four gaping holes where the fledgling struck me. After I made sure to look presentable, I poured some of the wine she gave me into a small cup and waited by the fire.

3rd person--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

A woman dressed in pelts of previous hunts and wielding a crude wooden spear slowly walked through the abnormally dark forest. She was lost in thought thinking about the day’s events once again, it was almost too much for her to take in, so she decided to bring her mind back to the present. In front of her were a couple of inky black threads of magic that seemed to beacon her towards their master. She was nervous to encounter the ancient monster again especially since it's their third encounter, which is usually the deadliest, but she knew running would only anger it. She soon emerged into the camp and found the man, no, monster sitting by the smoldering campfire with an inhuman smile stretching ear to ear.

She stopped briefly at the edge of the fire's light observing the creature, it was smoking a pipe that was seemingly made into a hatchet-like weapon while gazing intensely into the fire. From the smell, it was the herbal mix she had gifted. She waited there for a minute until finally walking into the light and sitting opposite to the entity. They sat there with no words exchanged until the man waved his hand and pointed to a spot beside her where a cup of wine had suddenly appeared. She showed no surprise on her face and only grabbed the cup before taking a drink. They continued to sit in silence until the wolf realized something strange was flickering within the flame. The more she looked the clearer it became, figures made of fire moved busily within, doing all sorts of tasks, plowing, smithing, hunting, and building, as well as many other jobs.

Unknown to her the creature had moved his gaze away from the fire and now was watching her every minute movement. After watching the figures in the flame, she was confused, why was he showing this. A question maybe? She looked up for any indication and found that she was being closely watched. Unnerved and confused she looked back down and found the figures had changed, they now looked to be doing different things, the farmer now sat on top of a large cart that was moving on its own, the smith was no longer using a hammer but used some sort of machine, the hunter no longer used a bow but a metal cylindrical object that spat fire and metal, and the builder no longer used wood and mud to build a small shack, but used liquid rock and metal to build tall towers.

She didn’t know what she was looking at, but the wolf knew it was profound, so she watched on with fascination. Abruptly space started to distort and warp until flowers emerged from the cracks in space. Instead of the beautiful appearance, they usually held they were malformed and unnatural with a single bloodshot eye in the middle of each. The creature's smile disappeared and was replaced with one of confusion and rage, with one quick movement its hand passed through the cracks of reality itself and grabbed the roots of one of the flowers, and sent a concentrated wave of curses and magic causing the surrounding twenty flowers to wilt. Seemingly realizing the danger, the rest quickly retreated into the cracks.

The wolf had a delayed reaction, but she too soon noticed the abnormalities accruing around the camp but only saw the last few flowers retracting. She was stunned, the simple figures in the fire were considered forbidden knowledge, but that wasn’t even the biggest surprise. She knew the creature was powerful but didn’t think it was this powerful, making the heralds of insanity to disperse is almost unheard of. She looked over to the creature and saw his smile was gone and was replaced with a cold expression, the world suddenly got a lot dimmer and the ambient magic was starting to freeze in place. Soon the darkness was so prevalent that the moon was no longer visible. The wolf was barely able to hide her panic and promptly got up and bowed before quickly walking into the forest to not get caught in the crossfire of the beast’s wrath.

POV shift--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I was very much unhappy with this new occurrence, how dare those little narcissistic invertebrates dare to claim that they have domain over my magic and even tried to threaten me. My aura was starting to leak out in droves and my rage was still mounting the more I dwelled on the subject. I was present before they were even a concept, yet they still claim that only they can know of such knowledge. My disguise started to crack and slowly started to wear away, but I stopped myself from losing control any further and started to boil my rage down into something more concentrated. My smile returned, I did show one of them a lesson they will never forget because it more than likely killed them, but I wanted something more thorough. I placed a hand down to the ground and connected to the massive web of magic that belonged to the forest and quickly found the needed materials. I was going to claim this space as my own and if they ever dare to pull something like that again they will be removed from existence.

A/N Tell me what you think. Also, any theories?

22