Chapter 68: Lady Layla
2.4k 14 79
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

The tiara was quite annoying. For one, it wouldn’t leave Kotori’s head even if she tried to pull it off. It would stay stubbornly stuck to her head.

Despite being technically a spirit, Kotori couldn’t use [Status] on it. She assumed that was because the tiara and wand weren’t exactly “alive”. Their stats were determined by the amount of mana in them so it didn’t make sense for it to have a stat page in the first place.

Despite this they still did have a personality, the tiara was quite mischievous and also proud. Kotori was able to get the tiara off her head while she slept or took a bath. She did this by use reverse psychology using phrases such as

“Such a beautiful tiara like you wouldn’t want to be on my dirty hair right?”

Or

“I toss and turn quite a bit in my sleep and this pillow might be quite dirty”

She gave a name “Hikari-chan” she thought that it would be a fitting name for a wand that a magical girl would use.

It was actually quite loyal to Kotori. She didn’t quite understand its motivations, but the tiara actually was quite useful in battle. When she went hunting with it she found that the tiara had quite a few uses. For example, the wand could grow in into a massive shield that would float in front of her and protect her from attacks. It would also be able to split itself into multiple small bullets and shoot itself at it’s enemies. The bullets would recollect themselves back into wand form. Thanks to this Kotori rarely had to do any fighting anymore.

Kotori found that she should keep feeding the tiara Manatanium and it wouldn’t lower in size. In fact, it was a good thing because the more Manatanium she fed it the larger the tiara and wand could grow. It had gotten to the point where it would make itself into a floating palanquin and carry her around. With Shu and Umi walking near her she felt like a princess followed by her attendants.

There was one more thing the tiara did that was its best feature

It could become a mirror.

What?

This is very important for a growing girl.

I need to see myself

[I didn’t realize it now but I’m a little too pretty for my age right?]

Kotori hadn’t often seen her own image and rarely was there in any mirrors in this world. Most of them were polished metal which would blur her feature. Kotori looking at her face now realized that she had a doll-like appearance. She wasn’t a beauty but something that felt otherworldly? Perhaps inhuman would be a better way to describe it. She still looked like a mix between her parent but there was almost another factor added. As if she had another thing influencing her appearance. She also had a face that was nothing like her 9 years of age would suggest. If anything she looked liked she was in her early teens.

[Kotori didn’t think too deeply on it since her appearance was mostly irrelevant to her goals after all, but she still felt satisfaction knowing that she was at least prettier than the average girl.]

On another note, the tiara was very vain and cared about it’s appearance a lot

Incidentally, this reminded Kotori of one of her other party members.

Layla had been thoroughly unhelpful in the search for metal slimes and although Kotori could forgive her for not participating considering it was something for Kotori’s use only. Now Layla was ordering Kotori to make her a tiara as well.

“You are all my servants so when I say make me a tiara you make me a tiara!”

Layla had been asking Kotori to make her a tiara all week and to be quite honest Kotori was fed up with her.

Kotori looked at the spirit girl in front of her who was radiating a posh attitude.

“I refuse” Kotori answered

“Why?” Layla said indignantly her face scrunched up in anger.

“You won’t even help me collect materials,” Kotori said.

When Layla had initially asked Kotori had she would be willing to do so if Layla would help her collect materials. Of course, Kotori knew she would be doing most of the work but she had ask Layla to participated to teach her some element of humility.

Layla of course, reject the offer and continued to ask for Kotori to do this.

Kotori realized it would be troublesome if Layla kept this attitude so she called. A her other party members together for the “Make Layla less lady-like conference” which she convened at Winry’s house

“Why are you holding this here” Winry asked her face give an unsure expression

“I felt like it” Kotori answered

“Please don’t use my house whenever you want!” Winry said flustered.

Winry had become q little bit more popular after making Kotori’s weapon the other smiths were very impressed with its capabilities after Kotori showed it to the whole village.

They offer Winry more smithing jobs. Winry initially refused, stating that she wanted to keep making her own type of weapons but after Kotori scolded her, she diligently began to take other jobs in addition to her own experimentation. Incidentally, Kotori had been using the dwarf village as a base of operations.

She had Shu make a rock hut nearby the village and Kotori and her party were farming the nearby dungeons. The villagers didn’t really bother them and Kotori would occasionally sell them the small chunks of manatanium she farmed from the dungeon.

 

That awk feeling when you read another isekai that is suspiciously similar to the one you are writing.

I'm better okay!

I gotta have some pride right?

79