Chapter 71: Rivalry
2.2k 7 81
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

“Kotori is mine I won’t let you have heeeeeerrrrrrrr!” Umi roared

“She pets my head! She must like me!” Layla roared back.

[Ah that a little bit of the wrong assumption. Maybe I shouldn’t Mofu Mofu as much?] Kotori thought listening to Layla frowning.

Layla was thoroughly inexperienced with love and probably mistook her feelings for Kotori as feelings of love. It wasn’t as if Kotori didn’t like Layla. She was just afraid Layla didn’t understand what she was saying when she said she “loved” Kotori.

Layla’s rejection of all the marriage requests had caused an uproar in the village. Quite a few people were annoyed with Kotori’s party. Mostly because they were sore losers for having lost their bets.

Still, many people seemed to enjoy it and they even considered doing it each year there was a highly anticipated bride.

Kotori was under the impression she had accidentally created a new holiday.

Winry’s mood was also quite dour. She was sure that Nick was going to win.

“Why didn’t you tell me” She would often complain to Kotori as if it was Kotori’s fault for not spoiling her and what Layla was going to decide.

Kotori would only half-heartedly apologize.

It hadn’t really affected her business relationship with Winry. To cheer her up Kotori let Winry use some extra chunk of a Manatanium for her own use.

Winry’s mood seemed to increase quite a bit after this. Kotori gave her request for a Manatanium tool for Layla.

Kotori was beginning to call the “tools” since the Manatanium was more like a tool than a weapon. Although Hikaru could take many forms it was limited to just weapons.

On the other hand, Kotori was not caught in the middle of a lover's quarrels.

[Why is Umi acting like I’m cheating with her?] Kotori thought.

[Don’t tell me that Umi thinks we are already a couple?]

Kotori had known that Umi had weird thoughts about their current relationship and it seemed Layla was also having similar feelings.

Unlike Layla Kotori decided to resolve this misunderstand at the moment.

“To be quite honest” Kotori said.

“I’m still a child you know? I’m not attached to either of you”

Both Layla and Umi looked hurt.

“Kotori-sama that was a little insensitive” Umi said

“Yeah, Umi’s right!” Layla said

Both seemed to agree. They looked at each other. As if they had found a mutual point of respect.

“If Kotori doesn’t like either of us yet then doesn’t that mean “first wife” is still up for grabs?” Layla asked?

“No, I was here first!” Umi said pouting.

While Kotori found amusement in seeing two cute girls fighting over her. It was still a difficult situation. In terms of mental maturity, she was older than these girls. This was a situation that could cause quite a few hurt feelings. For now, Kotori chose to deflect.

“Why not compete now while I’m still too young to marry?” Kotori suggested

“Compete?” Layla and Umi said.

“Well,” Kotori said scratching her head.

“You still need to win my heart right? As I said, I only see you all as friends right now.”

Both Layla and Umi seemed to think deeply.

This was the solution that Kotori had thought up of. Kotori hoped that with time Layla would get a better understanding of her feelings and perhaps she would grow less attached to Kotori. On the other hand, it would be easier for Umi to justify her position if she won against Layla.

[Killing two birds with one stone]

“I see, I will agree to these terms,” Umi said

“Okay!” Layla said

Both of their tails were moving as if they were happy about the terms. Umi’s scaled tail was patting on the ground and Layla’s fox tail was swishing in the air.

[These spirits are too simple…] Kotori thought as her scheme seemed to work

She felt a bad feeling. As if she had only created more headaches for herself.

 

Short chapter today.

I feel like crap. Dunno why. Vaccinated tho

81