Chapter 124: Unfinished business
1.4k 4 49
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

[Learned it? What is he talking about.]

Amah was now apparently finally taking an interest in her. He looked towards her for the first time

His eyes were large and hooded, giving him an almost owl-like appearance.

“Mana dying, is something that would take a disciple their 4th year to learn.”

Kotori was not following what Amah was saying

[4th year? This can be taught?] Amah was making quite a few statements that let Kotori wonder what exactly his background was.

She decided to ignore him for now.

At the very least she could now make the sort of mana that would be able to go past physical defense strengthening magic.

Kotori moved deeper into the city.

She only had one destination at this moment.

The merchant's quarters. It had been around a week since the incident where they were chased and Kotori only had this time period to enact her revenge so she had to move fast.

She made her way to Fawk’s inn. The receptionist seemed to recognize Kotori.

“Show me the merchant register,” Kotori ordered. She was going to see what inns Gerard was staying at. The Faramouth Merchant Gunter would have to wait but she had unfinished business with that man.

The receptionist brought out a large leather-bound book and handed it to Kotori. Kotori scanned the pages, thankfully they were ordered alphabetically. She soon found Gerard’s name.

She smirked. He was staying at the most expensive inn in the Merchant’s district.

Just as she was about to leave she asked the receptionist something.

“Is the girl still here?”

The receptionist nodded.

Kotori had been stuck on the ship for a while and thus wasn’t able to microdose the girl during the time period. Her treatment was nearly done so it was unlikely that she wouldn’t have died but it was most likely one of the most unpleasant experiences of the girl's life.

Even if they were there the girl would’ve still had meals sent to her room so she was probably fine.

Probably.

Kotori opened the door to find a room that was a whirlwind

The bed was upturned and the blankets were thrown across the ground. There was several tray of untouched and moldy food on the floor.

In the corner was huddled a green hair figure in the fetal position with a pitcher of water sitting next to them.

Kotori moved over to the girl.

She was huddled with a haggard look on her face. Near her was a plate of food that was half-eaten.

[So she was able to eat after all?] Kotori thought. She felt bad. It was her fault the girl was like this. All things considered, the drug should be out of her body.

The girl was looking at the floor so Kotori couldn’t see her face and she bent down to get a closer look.

When she looked into the girl's eyes she saw a fire within them.

[So she’s back to her senses] Kotori thought. The girl had a look of steely determination on her face.

Her eyes were zeroed on the ground and it looked as if she was try to divert her focus elsewhere. At the moment the girl hadn’t even noticed Kotori’s presence.

[She a lot stronger than I gave her credit for] Kotori thought.

She waved a hand in front of the girl. The girl seemed to snap back to reality.

“Wha-” the girl said

“Hello, Did yah miss me?” Kotori said smiling

“You!” The girl said.

Kotori kept up her devilish smile.

“I assumed you’re over your addiction.” She said

The girl was surprisingly clear headed. Kotori was starting to see why Yukio like her so much. She had a strong spirit.

[Would be tasty… No, bad thoughts!] Kotori started thinking.

The girl seemed to falter upon hearing Kotori’s question.

“Sweet leaf…” She said her voice trailing off

“Oh?” Kotori said. She moved to a corner of the room. The girl had done a good job trying to find where Kotori had hid it but unfortunately she was too shallow.

Kotori pulled open a loose floorboard and retrieved a small jar from the alcove under it.

She opened it. Inside was a dose of sweet leaf.

Kotori offered it to the girl. This would be her final test. Rehab would do no good unless the addicted individual was strong enough to resist cravings.

The girl seemed to outstretch her right arm for a moment her eyes caught in a trance before she suddenly grabbed it back with her left arm.

[Ohoho? She was strong enough to resist] Kotori thought.

“Very good” Kotori said praising the girl, before she ordered Layla to burn the remaining drug left in the jar.

Kotori closed the jar before any of the fumes escaped and set it on a nearby desk.

“Yukio is waiting for you” she said.

 

Yeet

49