Chapter 139: A Minor Skirmish
1.3k 3 44
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Once the man left Fawks immediately walked into Kotori’s room

“Hey! don’t you have your own room!” She started protesting

Fawks gave a smile without an inch of shame.

“I’m not going to that place.”

“It’s your room what could be so bad?”

“I don’t want to sleep there, too many bad memories.”

Kotori could only sigh,

“Ugh, fine.”

Fawks walked in without a second glance. Shu was currently giving Kotori a look that gave the impression he was saying“want me to deal with him?”

“Shu it’s fine, you can room with Fawks.”

Kotori walked into the room as well.

It was much larger than she expected. In fact, it was almost the size of their mansion back at the village.

There was a shallow hollowed hole in the ground that served the living area with a table, and several pillows placed around it. The walls of the hole were cut into couch-like shapes and they were covered in cushions.

Several closed doors lined the wall.

There were more than enough rooms in this rea to house everybody with even a few to spare.

Kotori opened the doors to one of the rooms to find a plush bed with folded blankets. Just like the carriage, it felt like the room was being cooled by an AC. Kotori activated [Gourmet] and located a mana crystal which was hidden in the ceiling

[I need to figure out this AC tech] Kotori thought. The heat was unbearable she wanted to make a portable mana crystal to stave off the heat and keep her cool.

The bed was supremely soft and of high quality. She noticed a hole in the wall where several blankets were neatly folded for use.

[No bath?] She thought. The entire complex lacked any sort of indication that there was an area for bathing. It was odd considering that it would be extremely uncomfortable to have to endure the sun and not be able to wash off your body once it was covered in sweat.

[Well, I’ll just have Umi clean my body I guess.]

It seems that the spirits had gotten settled in but there appeared to be an argument brewing among Layla and Umi.

“It is my role as the future first wife to share a room with Kotori.” Layla said crossing her arms.

“fufu oh Layla dear, I believe you are mistaken. It is MY role as the future first wife to stay with Kotori-sama.”

The two of them were now standing so close Kotori could imagine sparks coming from between the two spirits' foreheads.

“Can we not do this?” Kotori asked them.

“Of course, not this is very important to discuss!” Layla said.

[Discuss? Does it look like you two are about to fight to wait? Is Layla preparing her fox fire] Kotori panicked.

Indeed Layla’s hands were beginning to smolder slightly indicating that she was preparing to fight.

Umi likewise was preparing several balls of water that were beginning to float near her.

[This is bad! They’ll ruin my room!] Kotori didn’t mind them fighting, but she would be annoyed if her lodgings were disrupted or destroyed as a result.

“Stop, Stop Stop!” She said.

“You can both stay with me, Okay!”

“Really!” Layla and Umi said in unison

Kotori sighed,

“Yes…”

The bed in the room was plenty large enough to fit the two spirits. She would be able to sleep with both at the same time. Although it would be a little snug so Kotori came up with another solution.

“But” Kotori said suddenly

“You can only use your chibi forms in the bed”

A low “Tch” sound could be heard from both Layla and Umi. It seems like both of them had plans that were suddenly ruined.

[Don’t tell me they were thinking of “attacking” me in the night.]

Kotori had hoped that by making them sleep in their Chibi forms there would be more space for her. But it seems like Umi and Layla both had other ideas.

Kotori could see Shu watching in the corner with a slightly disappointed look.

[Don’t tell me he wants to sleep with me as well!]

Kotori didn’t have any fear that Shu would attempt anything with her, but she did feel odd sharing a bed with another man. Even if that man was really a spirit.

She resolved herself to give a reward to Shu in the future.

 

Pokemon Unite is taking over my life.

44