Chapter 143: Challengers approaching!
1.3k 4 43
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

With the clothing debacle out of the way and sorted out. Kotori finally got to see Layla and Umi wearing the outfits they were given.

The clothing was sheer and light and gave an airy effect. To be honest, it looked like a more modest belly dancer outfit. It was still quite, exposing but not to the level where Kotori would think that someone would get the wrong idea. There was actually an extra outfit in addition to the two other outfits that Layla and Umi wore. Kotori assumed it was for Amelie.

“Kotori, do you know what this is for?” Layla said with a puzzled expression holding up a small piece of cloth.

Kotori took the cloth in her hand and was equally confused. It was a square piece of cloth that seemed to have some sort of clasp mechanism.

“Fawks so do you know what this is?” Kotori walked over to the couch where Fawks was laying and shook him.

“Mmmph!” Fawks had fallen asleep on the couch and was currently taking a midday nap

[He’s very relaxed, for someone who must fight to the death soon] Kotori thought.

“What?”

“Tell me what this is,” Kotori said, pushing the cloth into Fawk’s hand

Fawks looked at it.

“Oh, it’s meant to be put on this.”

He wrapped the cloth around his face and clasped it. That’s when Kotori realized it was a veil that would cover the bottom half of the face.

“Ah, thanks!” She took the cloth from Fawks hand and handed it back to Layla

“Don’t worry about it, it’s only for married women anyway,” Fawks said, waving them off with his hand

Umi and Layla seemed to perk up after hearing it.

“Oh?” They both said.

“Then I guess I won’t wear it,” Umi said

“Umu” Layla responded nodding.

Another knock came on their door.

“Yes?” Kotori called out

“It’s time for the feast” a familiar voice called through the door. It sounded like Amah.

“Tch” Kotori thought,

“We’ll be right out.”

[Ah, I don’t have anything to wear. Did the queen think I had something already?] Kotori thought, as soon she she finishing thinking, a sudden whirlwind of metal folded itself around Kotori.

[Seriously?] Hikari for some reason, had heard her thoughts and transformed itself into a dress,

Of course, there was a single issue.

[Stop trying to make me a magical girl!] Kotori shouted using [Spirit Seer]

To put on the dress, Kotori had to hold a wand in her hand, She tried to hide the wand but Hikari would rumble in a displeased manner.

With a sigh, Kotori went to the feast in her magical girl outfit.

** ** **

They were led to outside to the inner part of the castle where there was an outdoor clearing. The sun had long since set, and the night was cool.

Several lanterns with Mana crystals were set up in the clearing giving light and Kotori could see many people milling about and talking. Along the edge of the clearing, there was a row of tables with many silvery platters filled to the brim with food.

The food in Eris was varied, despite not having much land to farm on they still did have their own cuisine. Much of it was spiced and roasted meats, with assortments of lighter salads and fish dishes.

Kotori could feel her mouth salivating at the thought of eating.

She felt Fawks nudge her arm. He had adopted his dignified merchant look.

“Stay aware” He whispered in a low voice.

Kotori didn’t know what Fawks meant by that but she decided to stay cautious just in case.

Several of the party-goers had noticed the presence of Kotori’s group but none dare approach her.

[Odd?] Kotori wondered why nobody wanted to talk to her. She wasn’t so conceited a person to think that people would actually want to talk to her. But at the very least she was a Queen’s candidate and thus a pretty important person.

Suddenly the crowd part and Kotori could see a thin man walking towards them. He was tan and looked like a skinnier taller Fawks. His facial features were long and hawkish with a large hooked nose that was pierced with a gold ring. At his side was a platinum blond, pale-skinned woman

Kotori first thought of the women were filled with one thought

[Elf?]

Indeed, the woman standing next to the man was shockingly beautiful. Almost doll-like, with features so perfect that Kotori couldn’t believe that she was an actual person.

Her ears were also pointed, which gave Kotori further proof that this was an elf.

Kotori’s only experience with elves in this world was wood elves so she was shocked to find something that actually represents a stereotypical elf.

Erofu... Jk

I wrote 5k words yesterday and ouch my wrists

 
 
 
43