Paradise, Part 6 Into the Snow
1.8k 9 65
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Chapter 7

 

On a private (Double Decker) aircraft to Japan, I was relaxing while watching a movie that I had missed from the big screens. Unfortunately, it seemed like there was a reason why it didn’t get good reviews as I found myself drifting off before even half of the movie was done.

 

Me: Zzzzzz, Zzzzz

 

It was just so comfortable in the queen sized bed that even though I woke up for a moment, I just wanted to continue laying down there.

 

Ace: Come on baby girl, we’re almost there.

 

Me: *groan* Tell him to fly a couple more hours… *Zzzz* fly around or something

 

Ace: You know that’s impossible. Now get up baby girl

 

Me: I’m *yawn* not a baby

 

I would have continued to resist for the dreamland should my boyfriend not stolen my blanket. As a Snow fruit user, I don’t get cold but it’s just not the same feeling as a warm cuddle type of sleeper when your blanket it gone.

 

Me: *glare*

 

Ace: Sorry baby girl but I needed to get you up somehow.

 

Me: I could have slept until we landed in the airport

 

Ace: It’s not safe during the landing procedure

 

Me: As if that would hurt us.

 

Ace: True, but I don’t like taking chances with your safety. Last time anyone even managed to touch you, you blew up the entire city before permanently turning the tropical climate into a tundra.

 

Slightly annoyed but feeling warmed by his words, I relented as I pulled myself up (with some help from his hands) as I climbed into his embrace. He leaned back on the cozy sofa by the bed as he took me in before placing my head on his shoulder and patting my back like one would a baby.

 

Me: I’m not a baby…but this does feel nice.

 

Ace: You want me to pet you as well?

 

Me: Now I’m getting even more sleepy. I’m quite *yawn* comfy

 

Ace: Oh no you don’t

 

Damn my mouth! I should have stayed silent. Regretting my decision as he pushed me away from a hug and held me at half an arm’s length, I glared at him so more. Not very intimidating with my half closed eyes and another yawn about to come out again.

 

Ace: You look like an angry kitten

 

Me: I’ll show you angry kitten

 

Ace: Quite an attitude for a twelve year old

 

Me: *annoyed* I’m over twenty dammit!

 

He made a smirk that made my anger melt away as he brought up his other hand to the back of my head before going through it as if combing it. Petting it in a way.

 

Ace: Yes yes Ms. I-am-legal-age Charlotte. Would you like some chocolate milk to prove your point?

 

Me: Hot Chocolate

 

Ace: Of course. With plenty of cream and sugar?

 

My mouth watered. Damn this child’s body! Actually…even when I was an adult I loved hot chocolate so maybe that wasn’t to blame.

 

Me: …HEY! … yesh

 

He just chuckled as he tapped the tablet next to him sending an order to the flight crew to prepare the ordered drink.

 

Giving up on the idea of being able to fall back asleep for the remainder of the flight, I decided to fully exploit my child form.

 

Turning back and making my eyes impossibly wide and titling my head just slightly, I asked him.

 

Me: Carry me?

 

I worked. Of course it would work. Ace picked me up and placed me on his lap as I snuggled in for the remainder of the short flight.

 

POV Ace

 

A series of plans and things on the agenda led us to the nation of Japan. Our first and most important reason would be tourism. As a complete foreigner to this world, it took so long for me to learn French and act like a normal person. I remember when I suggested to Syrup about setting up our headquarters in the UK, Australia, or the USA for the sake of language (English) but the geographical advantage did not let us do that.

 

For a change, going to a place where our language was spoken as their main (and official) language would be nice. Removes much of the stress as well. In addition to that, I wanted to see what all of this Anime culture that the country of Japan had to offer since Syrup seemed to be really into that. We also did have the normal tourist mindset of simply wanting to go and explore what it was like in a different nation. To simply live and be in Japan and get a feel for it.

 

Of course, then there was the boring stuff in which I had to do while Syrup would get to have fun. As GrandLine continues to expand, so does the Hero Associations and their influence all over the world. One of the said associations was Japan.

 

As more of their Heroes require extra firepower against villains in addition to the unnaturally high level of discrimination against the quirkless in Japan, it seemed like the natural solution for the Japanese ministry to request that GrandLine open a branch office on their island.

 

Since nobody but Syrup and doctor Kyudai knew more about the company than I did (not to mention that I’m one of the founders), I was sent to do the negotiations and come to a decision on whether or not this is a good idea or not.

 

Hopefully it’ll be a nice clean negotiation unlike that time Ecuador had tried to threaten GrandLine into offering all sorts of services as well as handing over the technology to them. It would explain the reason of why much of the landscape was now a frozen hellscape and the dissolution of the nation.

 

(A.N: To any Ecuadorians or Ecuador lovers out there, I mean no offense at all. I needed to be fair so I just googled ‘random country’ and spun the wheel and Ecuador came out.)

 

Well…Ecuador and a couple more nations along the middle east who just didn’t seem to learn the lesson that you don’t fuck with GrandLine. Of course…nobody knew it was GrandLine which caused the downfall of the nation. As far as they knew, it was just a passing vigilante who was very very pissed.

 

It just so happens that we have the very same Vigilante here in Japan as an insurance should negotiations turn south. Of course, baby girl had to take care of some loose ends for Garaki (Kyudai) while we were here first.

 

POV Toshinori Yagi, All Might

 

‘Destiny still arrives’

 

Those were the words that had haunted me for the last decade as I pushed myself beyond my limits to train. Training to avenge my master, training to end the tyranny of evil, and training to become the Symbol Of Peace.

 

Eventually, I had become the man I had dreamed of as I put on the mantle as the ‘Symbol of Peace’ and brought an era of prosperity and safety to Japan; lowering the crime rate below 6% for the first time since the Golden Age of Vigilantes.

 

Despite this, I never forgot the looming threat which has acted so quiet and still. I never forgot the man who killed my Master and so many torchbearers before her, All For One. I knew he would try and end the line of One For All but time and time again the successors had taken it on themselves to carry on the line and gather power…so that one day someone down the line would be powerful enough to defeat All For One.

 

Alas, time and time again the holders of One For All fell against All For One as he, in his rage, began to feel threatened by the ever increasing threat the quirk possessed. Beginning from the 4th bearer, All For One began actively seeking down the next holder of the quirk in hopes to either take it for himself or end the line. Time and time again, holders of One For All had saved the quirk from death or worse by a hair’s breathe.

 

But it seemed all of that would come to an end today. One way or another.

 

Me: all for one…

 

‘Destiny still arrives’

 

And arrive it did. Standing atop the ruins of a collapsed building was the same man who had killed the most precious person to me. The same man who had brought so much pain and suffering into this world for nothing but his own greed.

 

AFO: It seems as if this long journey is finally at it’s end, don’t you think so, Number One Hero?

 

It would end here one way or another. I would kill All For One for good and end his threat to this world…or he would kill me and the flames of One For All with him as I had no successor to pass it onto.

 

AFO: Starting from my dear younger brother, your kind has been quite a pain. It’s time we finally end this…though it is long overdue

 

Me: I shall kill you here today and mark the end of the SYMBOL OF EVIL!

 

The flames of One For All burned inside me brighter than ever before as I felt the power flowing through my body. The concrete underneath me cracked as my muscles clenched and began to vibrate with concentrated power.

 

AFO: How frightening…this is why I must end your line here and now.

 

Yellow and Red began to overtake my vision as I overcharged One For All when…

 

?: Hey hey, stop stop! That’s my building you broke you know?! Hmm…on second thought maybe I shouldn’t have said that in front of the number one hero & villain.

 

At the sheer audacity of what had just happened, both All For One and myself paused as we looked to the side to see…a girl?

 

From her looks alone I could tell she wasn’t Japanese but that was all I could tell as in the next moment her looks suddenly changed. I saw a hint of white hair before it was covered in a beanie. Her lower face covered by a black metallic gas mask and her eyes shone orange before burning blue…how? Her comfy t-shirt suddenly covered with a heavy white hoodie with cat ears on top.

 

It took a moment to realize but from her looks, there was only one person who matched the description.

 

A demon goddess in the form of a little girl. The number 1 Vigilante. The Number 1 fear of Villains and heroes alike. The State’s Demise. Downfall of entire nations. The sole reason of why some countries were now crossed off the world map entirely. The Worst Villains to some and to others a Hero of the shadows.

 

Snowfallen

 

What was she doing here? I thought her area of activity was (mostly) in Western Europe!

 

AFO: SnowfallenHow nice of you to join us. Perhaps you would like to die here as well? I would make good use of your fascinating quirk. Though I did not know that someone of your caliber would be a little girl. Also for someone who’s around Europe so much, you speak fluent Japanese. Could it be that you are actually Japanese?

 

Snowfallen: Maybe, maybe not. Sometimes, my identity confuses me as well. All For One, was it? I’ve heard so much about you from your dear little minion. There was quite a lot of information but the only thing I took away was that you’re old and grumpy. Typical boomer behavior hmm?

 

AFO: Garaki… you stole him didn’t you?

 

Snowfallen: Does it count as steal if he came willingly? If it does, then not only are you right but also fucking delusional. Congratulations boomer, it looks like your age is showing.

 

AFO: …?! Does this generation have no respect whatsoever?

 

Snowfallen: When will your generation stop complaining? Holy Mama! Just shut up and either pay for the damage you’ve done onto my humble game house or die!

 

At this point I could tell things were getting way out of what I had expected from a showdown between myself and All For One.

 

Me: *cough* *cough* Excuse me young Snowfallen. Actually, All For One here and I ha—

 

Snowfallen: You can fuck All For One in the ass all you want after he pays for the damage! Oh, it’s so on!!

 

The bright blue sky clouded over as the temperature dropped to below zero. My breathe became visible as the vapors floated out. To change the weather to such extremes in a matter of seconds…it seems like the name and title of Number One Vigilante was earned after all.

 

AFO: Another fool who rushes to their death without knowing what true power is.

 

Snowfallen: *pfft* Fine, I’ll be honest. This is no coincidence actually. I came here to specifically kill you, you see? Also, I don’t even own a house or a building here whatsoever. I’m a tourist you see? *wink* Besides, I think I’ve heard enough from the old man to get a basic idea of where you stand.

 

AFO: And the judgement?

 

Snowfallen: Weak. Pitifully weak and wasteful. To have a power that holds so much potential and for it to be wasted by the likes of you.

 

I couldn’t see behind the gas mask but if the weather was anything to go by, I knew she was smirking as the air pressed down on me…as if the weight of the world was slowing me down.

 

Snowfallen: So let me return your words. You will die here today…as a fool who rushes to their death without knowing what true power is.

 

I felt a shiver go down my spine as Snowfallen repeated what All For One said to her…but for some reason, it was Snowfallen’s words that seemed to carry more weight.

 

The air continued to get heavier as the two superpowers’ quirks began to activate and cause power to vibrate in the air.

 

AFO: Your frost quirk stands no chance against mine. All For One is a blessing given to me by God himself!

 

In response to All For One’s declaration, Snowfallen simply began full on laughing as she grabbed her stomach as she tried to calm down.

 

Snowfallen: God, god?? Then it would make sense as your powers originate from nothing but a mere god. A foolish god to give such a power to a fool who couldn’t even begin to scratch the bare skin of its true potential.

 

Snow covered everything as visibility dropped to zero and the world became white. From the raging storm, Snowfallen’s voice echoed with confidence and determination.

 

Snowfallen: So come at me All For One. I heard you’ve destroyed cities with yours….I’ve destroyed nations with mine.

 

65