0001 – She Returned
1.3k 8 12
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

"I've returned!"

A warm feeling surges up in her chest as she looks over the cityscape. She is standing, or more like floating in the sky. Her white clothing and black hair fluttered in the winds. Her delicate beautiful face giving off a slight smile.

If people looked up they would barely see her because she blended in well with the clouds. To make sure to not be noticed by the people beneath she had a stealth technique activated.

Her name is Yun Feng, Yun is her surname and Feng is her given name. She lost her family at the age of 5, her parents and her older brother, to the whims of the ruler of her country, Zhongyang Empire[1]. She left the country and traveled all the lands of that world, cultivating, defeating rivals, bandits and beasts. There were many times she was near death. At least once she almost died because of hunger, since she, as a young orphan, didn't manage to get enough money for food.

When her parents died she awakened memories of a past life, a past life on Earth where she worked in the country Y military doing secret missions for the government. To better help herself on dangerous missions she had learned some Chinese medicine, but not enough to be called a doctor. She didn't die in a mission though but because a truck driver who had fallen asleep had driven into her, she died at the age of 30. It was an instant death so she had no chance to use her skills. Her name was the same as in her current life.

So after that incident when her parents died she had the mental age of a 30-year-old woman! That's how she could decide to wander the continent to get stronger. Now, although she looks about 18 years old she was actually over a hundred!

Her experiences had already helped her reach the top of cultivation in that continent. She had broken through into the first stage of the mortal realm at 5, passed all it's ten stages and broke through to the first stage of the semi-immortal realm at 9. Passing through its ten stages and into the immortal realm at 26. She finally broke through the ten of the immortal realms stages and into the heavenly realm at 52 reaching the pinnacle of its final tenth stage at 112 and thereby reached the cultivation threshold of the continent. From that world's public knowledge she is the only one that has reached the pinnacle in 10000 years. She was also the one who had reached it the quickest in history!

The reason she still looks 18 years old isn't because of some miracle medicine or miraculous technique. It's because when one reaches the semi-immortal realm ones aging slows down and when the immortal realm is reached ones aging stops. But even if it stops it doesn't mean that one is truly immortal, the most one can live while being at the immortal realm is about 3000 years. Since there hasn't been many to have reached the pinnacle of the heavenly realm, and those that have all mysteriously disappeared, it is unknown how long they could live for.

There aren't that many who can even reach the immortal realm, most cultivators get stuck either at the mortal realm or at the semi-immortal realm for all their lives, never able to advance! To advance between each realm one either have to gather an item or experience something that can serve as a catalyst to advance.

When she reached the pinnacle she got to know that one gets the ability to travel to a world of their choosing, the earth being among them. So after getting revenge for her family, she left that world for the earth!

Now here she is, looking over Sun City, the massive capital of country Y. It was here she ended up right after being transported to Earth. She had returned to the country she lived in her past life! This time she will live her life without any regrets, as an ordinary woman! She will hide her identity as an immortal cultivator and as an ex-military spy or officer for a normal life. But to do this she first needed money! Without any money, one can only either beg around on the streets or live a secluded life up in the mountains hunting beasts and wild vegetables!

She doesn't want that, she wants to live in the city, in the capital. For that reason, she will find a sponsor to start a winery. In the world where her current self was born the wine is so much better than Earth's. She will take out a recipe she learned during her travels, make it and sell it under the name Fairy Immortal Winery.

The reason why she has to find a sponsor is that she doesn't have any startup capital herself and unless she really needs to she will never sell anything from that world on Earth. She doesn't want anyone to figure out that there are other worlds out there or put herself in any danger because of her powers.

Overlooking the city one last time and then floating down onto the roof on the nearest shopping mall, which happens to be the capital's biggest, Sun City Central mall. She activates a technique to further hide her presence all the way to her temperature. Just so that even infrared cameras wouldn't be able to sense her.

She goes into the building, walks directly to a women's clothing store, and choose some clothes that she then put on. After taking off the alarm tags on the clothing with a technique she learned as a spy, she then leaves the store.

[1] I choose Zhongyang because it means Central in Chinese (used google tl) and that country lies in the center of the continent in that cultivation world.

12