0008 – Remaining Family
588 0 6
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

When Yun Feng next opens her eyes she gets partly blinded by the sunlight coming in from the window. She forgot to cover the window last night before she fell asleep.

Confusion can be slightly seen in her cold eyes as she slowly recollects the recent events. She almost thought she was still in that world, fighting her way to reach the goal of taking revenge.

But she had already taken revenge and was already back on Earth! The earth she never thought she would return to at least in this lifetime!

She even got herself involved with the Heir to the Long Corporation and ended up living with him. Yun Feng knew that it is probably her inexperience in matters of romance that makes her so vulnerable to his teasing. It is thanks to being too occupied with revenge and therefore completely missing out on matters such as love.

Yun Feng gives out a quiet sigh, rises up from the bed and dress in the same everyday clothing she stole from the store yesterday. As she walks down the stairs she notices his cold back sitting by the dinner table with a plate of egg, bacon, toast and a cup of coffee. In his hands, he is holding some documents that it looks like he is intently reading.

He doesn't seem to notice her as she walks past him into the kitchen to prepare her breakfast. As she looks through the kitchen it seemed like there is mostly only stuff for an American-European breakfast.

Yun Feng took some bread and put in inside the toaster and then took some peanut butter and jam out of the fridge to smear over her two toasts. For drink, she takes out some low lactose milk from the fridge and pours it into a glass. Taking her plate with peanut & jam toasts and her glass of milk she quietly sits down on the seat placed diagonally from Long Jin.

She hasn't eaten breakfast like this since she died. Since the other world is similar to Ancient China she has only had Chinese cuisine for breakfast and since she was traveling it mostly ended up only being buns. Only occasionally did she have a feast.

Yun Feng's cold expression eases up a little tiny bit and a small light appears in her eyes as she takes a bite from a toast. Savoring the taste in her mouth she remembers that she used to love to eat this. She would occasionally buy some toast, peanut butter, and jam and enjoy its combination. It can not fully be categorized as one of her favorite food but she enjoys it a lot nonetheless. She realizes that she had actually missed this taste a bit.

Eating this made her remember her past life's remaining family, especially him, her...

Yun Feng puts down her half-eaten toast. Even if he were to meet her now he probably wouldn't be able to recognize her. Her appearance has changed and even her temperament have become a bit colder. She was already a bit cold, to begin with, together with what happened after her transmigration her temperament had gotten even colder.

Besides she is supposed to be dead. Yun Feng begins to wonder if he is preparing her funeral right now, or if he is trying to find out what really happened on his own. He was her support, her aid, and her dear family.

She looks up at Long Jin who is reading his documents as she picks up and begins to eat her toast again. Her eyes lingering only for two seconds before fully focusing on her food.

Seven minutes later she swallowed down the last bit of her food. Long Jin's food only half eaten.

"Didn't you say that you wouldn't be home a lot?"

Yun Feng asks with Long Jin answering in an emotionless tone while pointing at his food.

"Breakfast. Then a business trip. To find a winery."

Long Jin picks out some documents from the bundle he is reading shoving them towards her so that she can have a look. They were deeds for wine factories on sale.

He looks up at her and gives her a teasing smile.

"Want to go with me? It could count as a date."

Yun Feng keeps her cool and answers.

"No thanks, that's your job. Mr. Long will have to go on your own."

Long Jin's teasing smile falls and turns back to his expressionless self. He receives the documents back from Yun Feng, puts them beside him on the table and leisurely finishes his breakfast and coffee. Yun Feng rises up from the table to wash her dishes while under his gaze.

When she comes back from washing the dishes Long Jin had already left, leaving his plate and cup empty on the table.

6