0015 – The Hacker
466 0 4
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

A woman entered a dark alley in the west side of the city dressed in dark, casual and inconspicuous clothes. It might look like she was just walking as if the alley was her own backyard since she apparently knew the roads well. Yet, in fact, she had a high guard up.

Behind the tinted glass of her sunglasses, her dark eyes were actively moving and a special aura that helped her sense her surroundings was also active. After a while, she stopped in front of a door with a sign having a mark looking like a computer.

This is the entrance to a black market internet cafe called Shadow Hackers. As the name suggests the place is a hacker gathering spot.

As she stepped into the internet cafe only some people looked up before focusing back on their computer screens. It wasn't unusual for all types of people to come here, quite often a beauty would enter the shop.

Because hacking is something that any gender and, to a certain extent, age can become good at one couldn't underestimate anyone entering. even if the one entering isn't a hacker that person could still be someone with high standing.

The receptionist didn't pay much attention to her until she came close to the reception desk. He looks up at her with apathetic eyes. Even if he sees her beauty he doesn't take notice of it.

"Name and business."

"Battleflower, here to find Screenhawk for some business."

By name the receptionist didn't necessarily mean real name, one can use a codename or a fake name in this cafe. Showing ID is unnecessary. As for the name she chose it was the codename she, Yun Feng, used back when she was a military agent.

Screenhawk is the hacker she had decided to meet in the afternoon but in the end, she decided to go in the morning. That way she could give him a trial by sending him at Lin Wanyun to see if his skills haven't degraded.

The receptionist scans her up and down a bit, thinking that there can actually be someone who wants to meet that crazy guy. He then sends a message to Screenhawks computer telling him that he had a guest called Battleflower. This is the real reason why one had to state a name.

He soon gets the answer to send her to the guy and so he says where Screenhawk is sitting.

"Row B computer 15."

She gives a quick thanks to the receptionist before she walks towards the stated spot.

When she got close she notices the guy she sought to meet sitting by the computer with his messy blond dyed hair and a lollipop in his mouth.

He sees her come closer and made a noise which Yun Feng answered with another noise. This is a way for them to confirm each other's identities.

A foxy smile rises on his face as she walks closer.

"Battleflower, I thought you were dead."

"I was, or am, whichever you prefer. Or at least my old body is. I rebirthed in a place quite far and only came back her ten days after my death."

She knew she could tell him this. They were best buds in her past life and a great team. He the information broker, both the plan makers and she the action taker.

Well, he did turn into the action taker if the action required hacking, she was mostly doing the physical stuff.

"Oh? Far, you mean?"

He asks licking his lips with the lollipop still in his mouth.

"Another world."

His eyes widen a bit but they're quickly back to a foxy look.

"How did you get back?"

"You believe me?"

She asks while narrowing her eyes. He pushes back the backrests of his chair a bit, cross his legs and puts his hands behind his head while giving her a playful smile.

"People do say I'm crazy. Besides you have no reason to lie."

She looks at that crazy guy a bit more before giving him an answer.

"Let's just say that I was able to come back thanks to my own achievements."

"What type of achievements?"

"Highest level cultivation. It was a cultivation world, like those eastern fantasy novels online."

"Seriously? Are you able to use powers now? Can you even use them here on earth?"

He rises up from his chair in excitement but doesn't get closer to her since he doesn't want to get beaten by her like he used to get in the past.

"I won't show you anything of that for now. Before I do that I need you to help me out with some stuff."

4