[0] Prologue
4.4k 14 87
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

"Damn that bitch, she dare order us around like that?!" A man wearing leather armor with a bow over his shoulder said in anger.

"She's the Guild Master's daughter. What if someone hears you?" Another warrior, more robust and bulkier than the archer said in panic.

"Who's gonna hear us out here in the middle of fucking nowhere? Huh? I thought so." Not waiting for a reply, the archer moved on ahead.

"Don't mind Jack, he always gets sour when that girl comes around since she rejected him a while back saying he was too weak." Hearing his tone, it seemed as if it were a common occurrence.

Alfred, the bulky man looked at his team leader and smiled faintly, earning a nod of approval from him.

"A good warrior doesn't stress over the small things. You'll have a bright future ahead of you." Hearing Rick, Alfred grinned a bit foolishly.

'Damn, muscular people really are easier to trick. Well, it's easier this way.' Rick thought as he slightly sped up.

Looking at Alfred's honest face made him feel bad if they had to flee. Jack was a ranger and Rick was a Warrior.

Alfred, who was a tank couldn't move as quickly, and would most likely be left behind if they encountered problems.

"Work on your speed you muscular idiot." Jack called from up ahead, earning a good natured laugh from Alfred.

"I'll try." Alfred sped up a bit, his body used to exerting itself, so he didn't mind it one bit.

...

As the trio explored the forest, a strange phenomenon appeared, hidden behind all the leaves and trees.

A complicated magic circle appeared with sparkling golden runes that orbited the circle happily.

The space in the magic circle seemed to expand and shrink, as if something were directly affecting the space in that area.

After a few moments, a thunderous boom sounded and the nearby trees were sent flying back like matchsticks in a storm.

The golden runes vanished, leaving behind a section of charred ground, with an egg sitting in the midst of it.

...

Jack heard a muffled boom and felt the ground quiver a bit, then nothing else happened. Looking back at the group leader and the big muscle head, he realized he was the only one that noticed the anomaly.

'There might have been some magical treasure forming! I sensed a strange aura for a moment, yet I can't tell what it was from.'

After making sure no one realized he had sped up, he quickly turned to the east and headed towards where the commotion sounded.

Even adventurers at the Bronze Rank couldn't help but feel greed at the thought of having a magical treasure to themselves.

After ten minutes of rapid moving, Jack slowed his pace and came to a stop in a clearing absent of trees. He could see the barren spot as if something had blown away the nearby trees.

The broken trees lay a a few tens of meters in the forest, hinting that whatever made the impact was extremely powerful, at least it had to be higher than Bronze Grade.

Jack walked into the clearing, his hands clenching in nervousness as he walked to the small pit that formed in the middle.

The pit wasn't deep, a few meters wide with something round inside. Unsure if it was a rock or some other precious material, Jack idled for a bit before making his resolve.

'If I get some precious material, I can probably buy a Silver Grade pill to advance to the Silver Rank. I might even be able to buy a mansion and some beautiful servants!'

With the thought of beautiful dreams swirling around in his mind, Jack approached the 'rock'. Ten feet, five feet...

Soon he stood right next to the rock and stooped down to inspect it when a sensation of danger made his back drip with cold sweat.

Turning around rapidly, he saw nothing, nor could he sense a threat. Turning back to the 'rock', he reached to pick it up his eyes still scanning the area.

Just as his hand made contact with the rock, he saw something moving in the corner of his eyes and then darkness rapidly covered his vision.

 

87