[12]
2.5k 8 74
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

"This specimen is unique! Is there more samples?" The clerk rushed out the back room and shouted excitedly to Rick and Alfred who widened their eyes in surprise.

The duo was about to say yes, however they quickly thought of their cramping arms and shook their heads like a rattle drum.

'If she knows there's more, she'll make us go carry some more back here for her experiments. Better to say no.' Both thought as they shook their heads.

"Ah? It's a pity, the husk of whatever that creature is is completely new! It has never appeared before in our records!" The Clerk said with excitement.

"Of course, we have to send it to the headquarters to be examined in more detail, but it is definitely a new creature." 

The surrounding adventurers all gasped as they knew how difficult it was to find a completely new species! Their name could go down in history if the new species was exceedingly dangerous.

Of course, if they knew it was born at Bronze rank, they'd be horrified. Bronze rank and Normal Rank was a great divide. One that separated supernatural from natural.

...

Isaac came to stop while inwardly cheering as his tail swished back and forth in the night. After he found a road, he followed it until he came to a village.

He could see numerous heat signatures moving around, while others were laying down, probably asleep. With silent steps, he kept out of the light and snuck closer to the village, his mind racing.

'What if I get caught? Unlike goblins, these are real people who have lives and are intelligent... If I can get my information without killing, I'll leave peacefully.'

After he neared the village, he realized there was a fence, but it could only keep out common creatures. He leapt over the fence and landed in the outskirts of the village.

Maneuvering quietly, he kept his senses to the maximum as he tried to find a place where they would keep books or scrolls.

'If there isn't any, I'll be depressed.' Isaac poked his head into an empty house made of wood, with better aesthetics than the goblins.

Inside was an empty house, complete with a counter and a bed. Looking at it from the standpoint of someone from the twenty first century, it was indeed lacking.

'Damn, I just realized that even if I do manage to become handsome and dashing, I won't have any of my webnovels or games to play! Send me back!'

Climbing into the house easily, he explored the small house before climbing up to the roof. Looking at the rest of the village, he felt movements, however he dismissed them as people naturally wouldn't stay still.

"Christina, come and grab Fred, he needs to go to bed." A woman cried out and a delicate girl jogged over and took a young boy from the woman's embrace.

"But there are monsters in my house!" The boy yelled back, obviously not wanting to go to bed, and an imaginary smirk appeared on Isaacs face.

'I might get discovered, but this opportunity is too good to pass up.' Cackling to himself, he climbed on to the wall and waited for the girl to put the boy to bed.

'There are monsters in your house, eh?" Isaac realized that the boy probably saw something when he entered the house earlier, or maybe even when he left, however the boy couldn't resist the girl's pull.

With a light leap, he landed on the roof of the house the duo entered and slowly moved his head until it was just oh of sight of the window.

"Monsters!" The boy yelled as he struggled in the bed, making the girl exasperated. 

"Brother, there aren't any monsters, let's sleep." Hearing hi sister, the boy looked at her skeptically and then glanced at the window with a conflicted gaze.

Then he saw it.

A black shadow with gleaming teeth looking into the house through the window. His heart rate sped up as he screamed in terror.

"Sister, look! A monster!" Isaac inwardly chuckled as he moved away after scaring the boy and headed to check the other houses.

"There aren't any monsters in the village. If you behave, I'll give you sweets tomorrow." Hearing his sister, the boy shook his head.

"But I saw it! It was black and had lots of teeth!" Hearing Fred, she sighed and curled up with him to calm him down.

"Don't worry, if a monster appears, big sis will defeat it!" Hearing the reassurance of his sister, Fred closed his eyes and hugged her tightly.

 

74